Sony Finally Spills Beans About PS3

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by darknight909, May 10, 2006.

1. kitch9

kitch9 Guest

GPU:
    XFX 7990 3GB
    You've never played a 360 have you???

Don't tell me you have, as you are still clinging on to the opinion that Quake 4 was not very well ported, so that means the hardware is poor...

Plus you call people in the thread fanboys and then spout uneducated fanboy crap yourself...... WTF is all that about...

I had a PSone a PS2, never bothered with a xbox until the 360.... The 360 was to keep me going until Sony released the PS3.... After what I've seen and read over the last week I will not be bothering with the PS3, as it has been the most uninspired showing of new hardware....EVER. I hope Sony pull it together and change my mind, but at the minute its a no from me.

You will see more games on the 360 and PC too as Microsoft intended it that way.... They have made it easy to port games from one format to another, thus saving dev costs, thus persuading devs to write games for them instead of Sony.... Its working too. (Rockstar and GTA4 was a Sony stronghold.)

All that matters is the games..... Will I pay $600 to play MGS4???? No I will not..

Last edited: May 13, 2006
  2. getsuga12

getsuga12 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX870M
    i'm pretty sure there will be other good games other than MGS4 and FF13. Look at Heavenly Sword, Resistance: Fall of Man, Tekken 6 and etc. Not trying to sound like a Sony fanboy, but the ps2 had a very wide array of great games, so what's gonna hold the ps3 back from getting the same? And who really cares whether or not the pc is better than the consoles graphic-wise, it's all about the gameplay too. Even if some of you blabber about how stupid the PS3 is and etc, millions of other people will still buy it. Same thing goes for the X360 and the Wii. Depends on what you're gonna invest in.

Just my 2 cents

3. kitch9

kitch9 Guest

GPU:
    XFX 7990 3GB

I would not be surprised to see an even split this gen, with each holding around 33% market share each...

Sony have taken their eye off the ball with the playstation brand which was always about cool, affordable gaming.... Its not about that with them any more, and all they are bothered about is Blu-ray regardless of cost....

4. getsuga12

getsuga12 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX870M
    there will definitely be a price cut for the ps3 a while after its release, in order to attract more customers. But i must say that the Wii will definitely do well once it's released, mainly because we all know that it will be the cheapest next-gen console among the three, and it boasts a whole new concept of gaming. But one thing for sure is that the X360 will still lack japanese-rpg games, driving the hardcore-rpg fans to turn to the ps3. Sure, there are a few rpgs (enchanted arms, ninety-nine nights, FF11) but we'll definitely see the ps3 with all the other cool rpgs (just as the ps2 got an overload of japanese rpgs).

5. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    Some of these posts make me cry. Most of you people aren't gamers, you're Magpies flitting around in search of sparkle and shine. I couldn't care less about the hardware. I don't much care about the graphics either. I care about 'good' games. What is a good game, you might ask? Something with "gameplay" and/or a good story line.

Many people are buying the PS3 not because of the "pretties" but because it sports the type of games they want to play. I'd happily continue to play my PS2 for the next three years if it had continued support to be quite honest. With games like God of War, Shadow of the Colossus, and a good number more, I'm more than content.

Also.. since I'm far too lazy to post in this topic again, I'm going to give a future reply to everyone right here:

[​IMG]

6. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    Are you blind and can not read? I own a box...read my post before you flame. Yes ive played it...many times. How i know first hand Quake4 plays like a pile of crap on the 360. The graphics are not next gen...they are equal to present day PC graphics. You dont understand MS and Sony are boasting they are the NEXT GEN. NEXT GEN does not mean lets shove present day power into a console. Their mission was to outbest the PC. MS failed imo...Sony did not. Its right there infront of you...i gave you links...if you want to read and see for yourself fine. But dont respond till you read what i posted...cuz it doesnt make any sense.... PS3 got the games...the power...the graphics. I dont see 360 doing anything new other than port PC games.

7. Xaser04

Xaser04 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 FE UV

Oh god your going to be dissapointed.

8. Woodmasterfox

Woodmasterfox Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI Mobility Radeon 9200
    Why are console fans so shortsighted? WHY?!?!?!?!? THIS HAPPENS EVERY TIME A CONSOLE COMES OUT!!! People sit and yell about how ITS NEXT GENERATION GRAPHICS TODAY!!!! Is that not exactly what people said about the PS2? IT IS AND YOU KNOW IT!

Are PS2 graphics good compared to PC graphics? Of course not! It will be the same way with the PS3. Sure, it has XDR and blu-ray. The PS3 is still 6 months away from launch. By that time, I promise you that bluray will be available for PCs, it already is now just in very small quantities. XDR? It may have more bandwidth now, but it will be surpassed soon enough.

There really is no arguement here. PCs will always be faster and better than consoles as far as hardware is concerned. Just because you say differently doesn't make it true. I have historical evidence that will say this next gen console launch will go exactly the same way that the ps2 launch went, but some people can't make that connection. Its too bad...If you want to spend $600 on a playstation, go ahead.

9. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    I love my PC im a PC Gamer through thick and thin...but PS3 is amazing and im just not afraid to admit it compared to others it seems.

10. bobdude

bobdude Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6gb
    no one is making you buy it if you dont like it then leave :) my system rocks but thers games that pc dont have pluse it always fun to get in the lazy boy and play some GRAN TURISMO i own all 4 on ps2 and if ps3 makes more then ill have to buy...plus when u have KIDS who likes to play games it alot cheaper to buy a 5 600 doller system then to buld a pc for 2-3000 easy for a gaming pc........

Last edited: May 13, 2006

11. Woodmasterfox

Woodmasterfox Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI Mobility Radeon 9200
    This isn't about if the PS3 has its place, its about the sony fanboys saying that PS3 is so much greater than gaming PCs. Just like they said the PS2 was going to be so much greater.

Sure, the PS3 may have its place, but not in my home. I have had nothing but bad experience with sony. From rootkits to horrible customer service I just can't stand them.

12. bobdude

bobdude Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6gb
    i agree there is no system that is better then the pc but i do like playing on the ps2. but i would not give up pc gaming for ps3 or 360 :)

13. ssbopper

ssbopper Master Guru

GPU:
    2x Gigabyte GTX 670 2GB
    just out of curiousity, will the ps3 support hdr and AA or will it be jaggies galore? because that's what really bothered me on the older gen consoles...

14. Seketh

Seketh Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    There are always this kind of discussions whenever new consoles are about to launch... Thing is, pc and console games are fun. Choose your platform and get over it.

15. bobdude

bobdude Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6gb
    lmao

16. Seketh

Seketh Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Grow up.

17. martin2006

martin2006 Master Guru

GPU:
    onboard geforce 6100

well the nvidia problem with that is due to the type of AA used in games. ie one that ati have taken advantage of, so in theory the games for ps3 will be made to use the type of AA that suits nvidia

which is actually another problem with ps3 to pc ports, or the other way round. they will have to get round this problem

18. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    Again im a PC Gamer but at the same time PS3 is better than anything we have now... or this year for that matter...

500 bucks is a small price to pay for that technology...lot of the stuff going into it costs a ton more alone. and BTW its 500 for the 20 gig 600 for the 40 gig....

Last edited: May 15, 2006
  19. bobdude

bobdude Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6gb
    hmmm extra 100 bucks for 20 more gig...ill buy one just to play gran turismo :)