1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony Ericsson Xperia X10

Discussion in 'Digital Photography, Home and Portable Electronics' started by killerxr290, Aug 28, 2010.

1. killerxr290

killerxr290 Banned

GPU:
    Im Out
    Anyone got or had one? Whats your thoughts on it?

I am do to get mine on Tuesday with Orange and im wondering what other people think of the phone.

Cant wait to get my hands on it! :banana::nerd:

2. killerxr290

killerxr290 Banned

GPU:
    Im Out
    Thats a no then? :(

Ah well. reviews are good so i shoudent be disappoint

3. sirrith

sirrith Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5850 1GB
    I find it to be HUGE. I don't have small hands, quite the opposite, but the x10 is just way too big to use comfortably. It does look very nice though, and I like sony ericsson..

4. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Aaah what coincidence, I ordered my X10, will get it Tuesday. Have been puzzling what to get, the HTC Desire or this one. The HTC has the better specs. But went to the store and tried both out, liked the X10 much better for design and intuitive interface.

The camera on the X10 is much better, screen slightly bigger and the screen is just amazing.

+ Next month there will be an upgrade to Android 2.1 which will also bring along HD video recording. I've seen some footage and for a phone, that's quite good.

5. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    Mr.Hagedoorn, how much you pay to X10 in there? or must you sign a contract with operator for it or just you can buy with money?

6. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Aah, No Mister please ;)

The X10 is roughly 425 EUR if you buy it without contract. But here a provider, T-Mobile, had a nice deal going. Just 16.95 EUR a month + 135 minutes phone/TXT-msg and free unlimited internet for the contract period of two years.

16.95 x 24 = 407 EUR .... If you do the math, that's just a great deal.

7. jmpnop

jmpnop Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 260 Core 216
    Thats a good phone..you should also look at Samsung Epic 4G, Samsung Galaxy S, Motorola Droid X...they are good aswell

8. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    Ok then :)

That price looks really high. Hmm...i mean, if that price is 425 euros there. must be at least 700 euros here which is same price as iphone. well i have no idea how much u pay iphone in ur country

edit:

well its
    : 545,00 € +TAX which is = 643 euros in here

Last edited: Aug 29, 2010
  9. killerxr290

killerxr290 Banned

GPU:
    Im Out
    Good price you got there Hilbert.

I got mine with orange and its £32.50 a month with 800 mins, unlimited txt with email and 1gb internet allowance.

Mine will also show up on tuesday lol

The shop did not have a working phone for me to play with but they did have a dummy there.

It is big but it felt good to hold. My current Samsung Monte is to small for me so i need a bigger screen..

My house mate went the other way.. he had a Nokia 5800 Express music and got the X10 Mini and the screen on that is TINY. I tried to use it and its not a small and fiddly as i thought it be but that big blue screen on the normal x10 just sucked me in to get it xD

I read about the update as well. I hope SE continue to bring out updates to 2.2 and beyond.

10. thecake90

thecake90 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 1060GTX
    Let us know what you think after you get it ^^

11. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070FE
    Biggest problem with the X10, it's stuck on Android 1.6. Okay, an update to 2.1 coming month, but with snapdragon being inside the X10, they should skip 2.1 and bring it up to 2.2. 2.1 lacks JIT, which 2.2 has stock. 2.1 will hardly take advantage of the Snapdragon system inside of it. The EVO on 2.1 only scores about a 7-8 in linpack, my Moment with a modified kernel scores 9 on average. 2.2, Snapdragon can score up in the 30s. X10 is a great phone, but with Sony only going so far with it where as the Galaxy S is getting it's 2.2 update, and other phones on snapdragon like the Incredible, Nexus One, SuperSonic(EVO), Desire, and other phones are getting the update or already have it I can't say I would go for this phone over the competition.

12. killerxr290

killerxr290 Banned

GPU:
    Im Out
    Lets hope sony changes their mind and updates it to 2.2 or at least 2.1 then 2.2 soon after

13. deltatux

deltatux Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    I was also contemplating about getting this phone but after hearing about its high price (more than I could afford at the moment), I had to scale back and just got myself a Nokia XpressMusic 5800 phone. Can do everything the X10 can do but with not as good specs (434 MHz ARM processor, 3.2 MP camera, 480p video) but it's almost 1/3 of the price of X10 (C$599.99 at Rogers) since I got the Nokia XpressMusic 5800 with a 8GB MicroSD card for HK$2030 (C$266).

deltatux

14. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070FE
    Personally right now in my opinion, the best phone to get to this day has got to be the Galaxy S. There's also the Desire HD coming out that's suppose to be a higher spec'ed snapdragon device compared to the normal Snapdragons.

15. Kon$olE

Kon$olE Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070
    What a coincidence!

Right now I am on the iPhone 4 wait list (~130 people long in my city), and have been wondering if I should get the X10. It would be my first smart phone no matter which one I chose.

I looked at a lot of the reviews for the X10, and got to play around with it for a few hours in store, it seemed a little strange to me. I do not do much social networking, no twitter account, all I want is a phone with a decent net browser, that can be used as an mp3/multimedia player.

Right now I'm still leaning toward the iPhone, maybe this thread will help me change my mind!

16. killerxr290

killerxr290 Banned

GPU:
    Im Out
    Well, i just got a txt from the courier and its due here in about an hour xD

17. killerxr290

killerxr290 Banned

GPU:
    Im Out
    Its here! woot!!!

Its doing a software update atm so maybe 2.1? Will find out soon enough.. OOOOoo like about now the phones just finished installing xD

ahh poop :p still 1.6 ^^ ah well.

Time to play xD

18. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    i can see the facepalm u made there :D

well, have fun with it..pls do tell us more after u TOY with it :D

And Vbets, GALAXY S ? Samsung? man samsung isnt crap? third quality stuff?

edit: GALAXY S

Galaxy S
    The definitive Samsung Galaxy S review

For
    >

Superb screen
    >

Fast processor
    >

Slim chassis
    >

Great audio quality
    >

HD video recording

Against
    >

Poor contacts menu
    >

Slight freezing at times
    >

Plasticky, iPhone-like design
    >

Wi-Fi not too strong
    >

No camera flash

Read more: http://www.techradar.com/reviews/phones/mobile-phones/samsung-galaxy-s-689293/review#ixzz0yBWGBFvA

looks cool...

Last edited: Aug 31, 2010
  19. Alexstarfire

Alexstarfire Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce 9800GTX+ @ stock
    I love SE, but the only reason I got a Captivate over an X10 is because SE is super slow on updates. That doesn't work out so well with Android OS.

20. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    iam wondering if Android apps r many as iphone apps..damn man. i want this hone too...X10 i mean..looks stylish. and everyone started to use iphone over here...damn . ineed something different.

well, iphone rules on apps fpr me for my job and life, navigation etc..i already spent more than 250 dollars on apps on iphone :S