Sony Bravia Z - Can't manually set Hz on PC and Resize??

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Drunkenmasta, Jan 28, 2009.

1. Drunkenmasta

Drunkenmasta Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB GTX 260 OC + Acer 26"
    Hi all.

Recently I bought a Sony Bravia 40" Z LCD. It's a nice TV but I'm having a small problem. I want to manually set the Hz which I can do with the Custom Resolution settings in the NV Control Panel. However it then removes the option to resize my desktop.

I need to force the HDMI option again and when I do it reverts back to 60 Hz. Thenn when I select say 160 Hz, my desktop is ctopped on the sides again without the option of resizing.

I'm donwloading the latest 181.22 drivers now for my 8800 GTX. In the meantime does anyone have any ideas or experience in this area?

I'm using a Belkin HDMI - DVI converter as well.

2. MM10X

MM10X Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 56
    does it support higher than 60Hz? most displays dont. make sure it does, if so this is the problem.

this is refresh rate, right? 160Hz is quite high for any TV or montior.

3. Drunkenmasta

Drunkenmasta Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB GTX 260 OC + Acer 26"
    Thanks for your reply.

Yes it is the 200 Hz model so it shouldn't have a problem with it. I run the test and it's fine. It fails on 180 and 200 Hz (any higher) but I believe that's the videocard limitation.

It seems if it is runing any customised setting and the input isn't ANY > HDMI 1080p then the resize option isn't set at all. But if that option is only set on the the resize is there and works well. I'll have a play later on, but I did install the 181.22 drivers and had the same problem.

EDIT: My mistake, turns out the whole problem was the videocard limitation! I read up some tech specs and the 8800 GTX does 1920 x 1080 @ 85Hz max.

Might be time to upgrade the GPU soon if I want to take advantage of my TV ;).

Last edited: Jan 29, 2009