1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony Announces the PlayStation Classic

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by anxious_f0x, Sep 19, 2018.

1. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    I have played Castlevania Symphony of the Night a PS1 classic version and it ran fine with no issues on my PS3 Slim. Yeah more than likely we are paying for the storage. PS1 games depends on the game. FFVII as a PBP (PS1 converted to play on PSP or PS1 emulator with no disc swapping) is over 2GB.

2. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus ROG Strix GTX1070
    So reviews are coming out and they all seem to agree that the PS classic is a poor quality device... So no buy from me unless that thing can be properly hacked and tuned.

3. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    Not only that Sony themselves got really lazy with this. Using a 3rd party Emulator instead the one they built themselves. Using the PAL version of some games for the NA/US version of the Console. And Not including a Power Adapter with it. This thing fails on so many levels. Also I am not sure on how much storage you will have access to if the thing gets hacked to where you can put your own games on it PS games can take up to Several hundred megs each unless Sony is using the PSP method of loading PS1 games in the .PBP format.

spajdrik and H83 like this.
  4. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus ROG Strix GTX1070
    Totally correct. I was being "polite" about it but the console is a joke on his current form... About sufficient available storage for adding more games i also don´t know it it´s going to be possible but it´s the only thing that can save this garbage from total failure...
    The console also needs to be hacked in a way that enables all the modes that 3rd party emulator has available instead of being severely gimped for no reason other that laziness...

Last edited: Nov 29, 2018

5. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 Ti FTW
    The 3rd party emulator is probably way better than what Sony would develop. I don't get why people think that's bad. It looks like a good thing to me, not a bad thing.

Using the PAL versions of the games though... yeah. What the heck?

6. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus ROG Strix GTX1070
    It´s not that we think it´s bad using a 3rd party emulator, it´s just something that reeks of laziness, just like discarding the emulator options to improve image and sound, like using the PAL version of games or shipping controllers without Dualshock... It´s like Sony couldn´t be bothered to create a decent product because they think their name is enough to sell it... And the worst part is that they may be right about it...

Not to mention Sony is against emulators for their consoles...

7. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti SLi
    Yeah definitely seems like one to avoid, it’s a shame though, this could of been something great, Sony really dropped the ball.

8. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit GTX 750Ti 2G
    In before a V2 coming next Christmas with all the fixes and proper DualShock controllers…

anxious_f0x likes this.
  9. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti SLi
    Wouldn’t mind a PS2 version that could run PS1 games as well, as long as they don’t screw it up :D

10. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    The only thing this has going for it is that Sony used a free open source emualtor rather than their own, so modders might actually make this greatest ps one emulator out there, hell i suspect we might get third parties making clones of this using the modded and fixed and updated version, and it being 100 times better than the scraps Sony throw off their plate when they could be bothered. lol

anxious_f0x likes this.

11. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX980M|4GB GDDR5
  12. spajdrik

spajdrik Maha Guru

GPU:
    Under construction
    Yikes ... what a disappointment :eek:

13. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus ROG Strix GTX1070
    Man this thing is worst than i thought, piece of garbage! The guys that authorized and made this should all be fired!

spajdrik likes this.
  14. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX980M|4GB GDDR5

Yeah just how to access the emulator settings for now, but I’m sure someone will take it further :D

Maybe after that will be a worthy purchase ?

15. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX980M|4GB GDDR5

16. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti SLi
    Interesting, I have that exact keyboard.

17. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    This 60fps thing is just stupid , has really no one at sony ever thought about that in the first place ? why arent the games all USA versions lol

18. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX980M|4GB GDDR5
    Now here’s how you can build your own and better version! I wanna try it myself at some point :D

anxious_f0x and Keitosha like this.
  19. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX980M|4GB GDDR5