Something is seriously wrong with windows 11 22h2.

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by snight01, Oct 14, 2022.

1. Han2K

Han2K Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080 GX
    You need this, just out from the oven. Don't worry about "Preview", since the realease of 2H22 the six updates has been labeled also as Previews. That doesn't mean their development is still open. When a KB is published there won't be rmodified an rebuilt in any case, it could be retired in the worse case. That's thing of "preview is" justified (acording to MS) because MS will upload to Winodws update a big packe wich includes all of them (towards late december).

November 29, 2022—KB5020044 (OS Build 22621.900) Preview

Windows 11 version 22H2, all editions

Release Date:
    11/29/2022

Version:
    OS Build 22621.900
    https://catalog.s.download.windowsu..._cd9c8997a71225ce3591cda7dd8c3efc06cfc594.msu

"Latest cumulative update, Mainly focused of fixing the issuse with RTX30 cards. No mere games enabling withous known cause the NV Kernel Debug feature (the culprit of the performance lose).
    I you run a benchmark with is still a bit below than pre-H222 scores don't worry, yo cans se that most performance loss is back, it's just the lastes nvidia drivers wich also drops a little ,mean fps."

Full info note from
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...-history-ec4229c3-9c5f-4e75-9d6d-9025ab70fcce
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Windows 11, version 22H2 update history
    Windows 11 version 22H2, all editions

Release Date:

9/20/2022

Version:

Windows 11, version 22H2

Updates for Windows 11, version 22H2
    Windows 11 is a service, which means it gets better through periodic software updates.

The great news is you usually don’t have to do anything! If you have enabled automatic updates, new updates will automatically download and install whenever they’re available, so you don’t have to think about it.

On the left side of this page, you’ll find a list of all the updates released for this version of Windows. You can also find more information about releases and any known issues. Installing the most recent update ensures that you also get any previous updates you might have missed, including any important security fixes.

For more information about the update and how to get it, see:

Windows 11 overview - What's new in Windows

Windows 11 Specifications

What's new for Windows 11, version 22H2

Update to the new Windows 11, version 22H2 OS

• Windows 11, version 22H2 offers new features to ensure the content and information you need is always at your fingertips, including updates to the Start menu, faster and more accurate search, Quick Settings, and improved local and current events coverage in your Widgets board.
    • With this release, we continue our commitment to make Windows work for everyone with a new set of accessibility features, including system-wide live captions, more natural voices for Narrator, and a preview of voice access. (Note: Some features might be available for en-us initially with a gradual rollout to other markets.)
    • Tackle complex tasks with enhancements to Snap layouts (including the ability to snap multiple browser tabs in Microsoft Edge), Focus sessions, and performance and battery optimizations.
    • We’ve added features to make it even easier to connect. Windows Studio Effects improves video and audio calls; it includes Voice Focus to filter out background noise and make sure you are heard. There's also Background Blur to ensure that only you are seen. Eye Contact helps you make a better connection with people you’re talking to, and Automatic Framing keeps the camera on you as you move.
    • Clipchamp is now an inbox app for Windows 11, making video editing fun and simple with templates, effects and more.
    • For gamers, Windows 11, version 22H2 delivers performance optimizations to improve latency and unlock features like Auto HDR and Variable Refresh Rate on windowed games.
    • Windows 11, version 22H2 also delivers critically important new security features. For example, available on new Windows 11 devices, or with clean installations of Windows 11, Smart App Control enables you to confidently download any app you need without worry by blocking untrusted or unsigned applications, script files, and malicious macros from running on Windows 11.
    • Windows Update is now carbon aware. When devices are plugged in, turned on, connected to the internet and regional carbon intensity data is available, Windows Update will schedule installations at specific times of the day (when doing so might result in lower-carbon emissions because a higher proportion of electricity is coming from lower-carbon sources on the electric grid).
    Current status of Windows 11, version 22H2
    For the most up-to-date information about known issues for Windows 11, version 22H2, please go to the Windows release health dashboard.

Known issues in this update
    Microsoft is not currently aware of any issues with this update.

Troubleshooting

If you have questions or need help activating or troubleshooting Windows, see our help topics below:

Neil79 likes this.
  2. jmmy23

jmmy23 Master Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090 Palit
    Installed that one everything running properly. KB5020044 (OS Build 22621.900)

. Rtx 4090 and 12900k

3. snight01

snight01 Master Guru

GPU:
    GB RTX 4090gamingOC
    same crap.. back to 21h2.

4. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Time to stop blaming the OS and actually do some diagnostics to find the issue, you won't be able to stay on 21h2 forever.

MartyL and PapaJohn like this.

5. Cryengine

Cryengine Member Guru

GPU:
    Strix 1080 Ti oc
    Working fine here Win 11 22H2 (before and after update KB5020044).

PapaJohn and Xtreme512 like this.
  6. vljopgb5

vljopgb5 Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Strix
    Tried installing update but says "The update is not applicable to your computer"
    Does that mean the fix is already applied?

I'm on build 22623.1020

7. freeman94

freeman94 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 ARMOR
    You are updated to the newer one, so thats why it won't apply.
    Don't worry its fine

vljopgb5 likes this.
  8. tkmskittles

tkmskittles Member

GPU:
    2080ti
    having a bit of a problem with unreal engine games on this version of windows.

some games dont seem to be using the hyper threading cores.

9. densou

densou Member Guru

GPU:
    3070 Twin Edge OC
    same old story...I recall Win 10 being really usable - despite v1507 was okayish - from v1703

10. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    I don't see this as a problem, no game should be using the second smt core if they can get away with it.

11. snight01

snight01 Master Guru

GPU:
    GB RTX 4090gamingOC
    updated hardware to a 13900kf z790 gigabyte master 990 pro nvme 2tb and the issue is no longer happening. on the z490 its happening. A shame i guess, new hardware no issues. dgaf about old tech huh

Case closed.

12. snight01

snight01 Master Guru

GPU:
    GB RTX 4090gamingOC
    Sigh... 22H2 is truly busted..

So installed metro exodus and was having issues with thread management and so on with the 13900kf. Also, strangly.. vsync is also busted in the game on 22h2. Because i love you peeps i reloaded 22h1 on my samsung 990.. and low and behold, metro exodus runs perfectly... sigh.. and thats with vsync guys..

wtf is microsoft doing with 22h2. They said they fixed the stutter and its still there in "some" games. Aside from that 22h2 is fine but im staying on 22h1.

13. snight01

snight01 Master Guru

GPU:
    GB RTX 4090gamingOC
    Also peeps, I built a new system... its tested and fine tuned to the max. No more issues with loading up dead cells or any games it seems with this new build. But here comes the performance issues.. its still there with 22H2. It's abit stuttery when you use vsync and it seems to not utilize the e-cores properly too, i had to disable them to play metro exodus properly and couldn't play the game with vsync on full, had to be off.

Disappointed because i was really beginning to like 22h2, i'll stay on 22h1 until the bugs are fully fixed.

So far my analysis is 22H2 is still not ready. It's still in a mess.

Also, i wish nvidia would re-enable functionality with the sony hdtv with their new drivers, i have to use 522.25 to use 4090 on my sony 900H.

14. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    fix your system, nobody else is having these problems you do.

Xtreme512 and PapaJohn like this.
  15. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    Metro Exodus D3D12/Enhanced always stutters like crap on Nvidia, not related to any particular Windows version.

16. snight01

snight01 Master Guru

GPU:
    GB RTX 4090gamingOC
    runs perfectly on 22h1. Smooth as a baby’s butt. On 22h2 tho… it’s bad.

I guess Microsoft didn’t fix all the issues they had with gaming on 22h2.

17. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    Except I recorded a video with the game on 21H2 (Edit: I guess that's how you can call the initial Win 11 version) where it stutters like crap, like it always did on Nvidia and always will:

Smooth on Linux with VKD3D-Proton API wrapper (which makes the game crash on Windows, which is why you need Linux in this case):

The game has issues with Nvidia D3D12 driver (or vice versa), likely not related to Windows at all.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2023
  18. maur0

maur0 Master Guru

GPU:
    point of view gtx 570 1gb
    how does windows server 2022 come out converted into workstation in games already tested?
    it is in pt-br but after installing it you can put language pack and put it in the desired language

https://www.mediafire.com/file/vc17...r_convertido_em_desktop_outubro_2022.iso/file

[​IMG]

19. snight01

snight01 Master Guru

GPU:
    GB RTX 4090gamingOC
    Hey I’m just reporting my accurate findings, not sure how it’s a stutter fest with you on 22h1 but I’m running a 4090 w/ a 13900kf on 522.25.

All settings maxed out except hairworks and physx. Vsync on full. Runs smooth as smooth can be. On my 10900k 2080 ti it stuttered abit tho but it was okay.

the issue with 22h2 it seems vsync is completely broken or very high latency. When moving camera it stutters or lags like crazy, I tried all drivers and got the same issue. Also, when I had my e cores on, I saw visible lag everywhere they only resolved with the e cores off. Very odd.

strangly enough, a fresh install of windows 11 22h1 resolved all issues even with the e cores on. Really bizarre..

I don’t really use dxvk. Somehow it doesn’t resolve the stutters completely for me in some games.

20. snight01

snight01 Master Guru

GPU:
    GB RTX 4090gamingOC
    You know peeps.. I should’ve taken a video of all this…

But i guess my word just have to count for now. I can take a video of the performance right now of how exodus runs on 21h2 with e cores and vsync on full.

also on 22h2, I did try vsync on nvidia control panel and it worked to some extent but exhibited the same stutters/lag when looking around. Only thing that resolved it is vsync completely off. E-cores was completely broken also. Stuttered like crazy in the menu.

Weird tho that other games ran fine. So i'll test other games shortly on 21h2. I just reinstalled after being on 22h2 for about a month with my new build.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2023