Someone please help me fix my overscan/underscan issue :(

Discussion in 'The HTPC, HDTV & Ultra High Definition section' started by Terikan, Mar 12, 2007.

1. mcantu

mcantu Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 560Ti 1 GB
    I use my Samsung HDTV as both a monitor and TV. My PC is connected to the VGA port with a UXGA cable and I get a great results at 1360 x 768. My cable box is connected with a DVI to HDMI cable

2. Dierdre

Dierdre Banned

GPU:
    Evga Geforce 7800GTX
    My Westinghouse LVM 37w3 works as a monitor via dvi just fine, id assume the same for hdmi but I dont use that.

3. Snake2332

Snake2332 Member

GPU:
    eVGA GeForce 8800GTS 640mb
    ForceWare 163.71

So nVidia released 163.71 which fixed some major issues with the card, but still no overscan correction. At least BioShock and DiRT don't blue-screen my comp now.

Anyone know of a overscan fix/hack for this version of drivers yet? Custom resolutions still don't work and overscan correction has been taken out of the drivers altogether. Makes me a little peeved that I paid $450 for the card and a promised feature doesn't actually work...

4. tonvanrijn

tonvanrijn Active Member

GPU:
    MSI GeForce GTX 460 OC
    This:
    http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=1684
    worked great for me.

5. El1iP3S01D

El1iP3S01D Member

GPU:
    nvidia 880 gtx in SLI
    Kids...

I have the same problem with my Samsung 46 LCD TV Monitor...And the workaround that Nvidia offers only works with drivers up to 158.27 xp in 32 and 64 bit...Yet for drivers higher than that mention earlier, the workaround does not work at all...And(and this is my opinion)by far the best driver released by Nvidia is 169.09 xp 32 and 64 bit...Yet the fix doesn't work them.

I'm at wit's end as far as this problem is concern, so do any of you have a solution to this situation, does Nvidia have one as well? If so could any of you let me know...
    :)