Some weird bug with G-Sync (GTX 1060) (occassional "unsmootheness")

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Hellknight[FA], Nov 27, 2020.

1. Hellknight[FA]

Hellknight[FA] Member

GPU:
    GeForce 1060 GTX
    Hi there!

I have a weird problem which may not be noticed at the first sight. My spec is:

HP Omen 17 Notebook
    Intel i5 8300H
    GeForce GTX 1060 (457.30) on 120Hz G-Sync Display)
    16 Gigs RAM
    128 NVMe / 1 TB SSD

Normally I get a very smooth performance when Games support G-Sync. If the game runs smooth, it runs smooth until ending this game. When I start another one it MAY be possible that there are slight "micro - stutters or unsmootheness".

I tried to repoduce this with two games: Genshin Impact and Shadow of the Tomb Raider (integrated Benchmark).

After playing Genshin Impact I went to the benchmark of Tomb Raider and checked the first few seconds where Lara begins to walk. The weird thing is that sometimes after ending Genshin Impact (or Path Of Exile), the first few seconds and the "stutter" slightly (but without reducing the shown FPS!!!). If you look at the edges of the vertikal graphic elements in the first few seconds you see that there is a slight "tearing" additional to the stuttering. In some scenes of this benchmark (always the same scenes) suddenly its smooth again (for example when Lara goes infront of the bar with the neon lights. As if the driver has problems with the frame times...

The Benchmark always shows the same result (and never goes under 45 fps) at the end - no matter if there is stuttering or not.

The only way to get things working correct again is to disable g-sync and re-enable it. Then it runs smooth again until the but (?) reappears.

I hope you can solve this because G-Sync was made to smoothen things out :D ;)

2. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Genshim impact causes a paged pool memory leak in the nt kernel driver that results in memory being permanently mapped to Device Name/Info function, this corresponds with system instability and higher system/interrupts usage (IoDn in poolmon.exe).

BlindBison likes this.
  3. Hellknight[FA]

Hellknight[FA] Member

GPU:
    GeForce 1060 GTX
    well it's important to read the WHOLE posting carefully! Benchmark results stay the same! And deactivating G-Sync and Re-Enabling it solves the problem.

Kharnak likes this.