Some RX 480 4GB stuff leaking out.1080Mhz Clock

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by gerardfraser, Jun 11, 2016.

1. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Judging by scaling etc, you'll end up with a faster (most of the time), or 10-20% slower solution. So I would say it's a good deal.

2. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Its called Vsync, or some ****ty workload no one knows anything about. AMD does it all the gdamn time. And yes it's BS.

"low key Polaris release" gimme a break. That's almost as crazy as advertising your hardware with lower scores than it's capable of.
    Anyone doing anything "low-key" with such product should be booted immediately.
    That is if they are proud at their product.

Because we know perfectly well when AMD really does low-key releases. Sending hardware only to chosen few. Do I need to spell it out? Oh but AMD is under such a microscope... ya right

Last edited: Jun 18, 2016
  3. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Radeon RX 480 will be more expensive than expected - AMD "makes a Nvidia"

http://www.nordichardware.se/nyhete...-blir-dyrare-an-vantat-amd-gor-en-nvidia.html

2500 SEK will probably be around SEK 3 000

According to sources at the Swedish computer stores are expected to Radeon RX 480 is not to be sold at those prices, rather it is about the price tags of between 2900-3000 kronor and then only for easier reference models.
    Partner Made graphics card will probably be sold for well over 3 000 and therefore in danger of ending up significantly closer to arch rival GeForce GTX 980.
    The latest rumors suggest that the RX 480 and GTX 980 performs very similar but that AMD would then have a real advantage when it came to the price tag - Nvidia's stock clearances notwithstanding.

Now that it appears that AMD's graphics cards are likely to cost significantly more than many hoped at least it can be tougher for the Radeon RX 480 to pick the market share AMD dying for.
    - I think quite honestly that it will not sell well at all. If there is no adjustment of the price it will destroy some. Reference Card at 2490 crowns for reaching that psychologically important price point had been gold for AMD, said a source NordicHardware.

The problem for AMD is based on Nvidia not only offer their own competitive products and can always counter with their own price cuts without having so many consumers already under his wing.
    Turning a consumer who has already chosen sides is difficult and that requires products that are not only good, but that simply is significantly better than the competitor can offer.

The problem for AMD is that Nvidia has overflowing stocks of the GeForce GTX 970 and GeForce GTX 980 graphics card that you want to get rid of before the introduction of the new Pascal card in the middle class.
    Depending on how well the RX 480 stands up against the GTX 970 and GTX 980, Nvidia can temporarily versus AMD's Polaris-launch with further price cuts on their outgoing short while completing their own Mid-GPU GP106.

AMD seems despite a recent launch than Nvidia also themselves have initial problems with availability. At this writing, expects retailers only a few hundred cards to the sales start on 29 June.
    What could have been ok if it acted on an enthusiast product with limited volumes and high margins.

+++++++++++++++++++++

Bad news, but expected tbh
    Anyone remembers the last time nordichardware.se has posted an erroneous leak? Because I sure don't

4. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz

5. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX5700 8gb
  6. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080Ti VISION OC
    Like this?

-> YT Error & BS

7. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
  8. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    really ??
    LOL nordichardware is now in the doom and gloom camp?
    :3eyes:

These Swedes are #1 when it comes to leak accuracy.
    They're not early leakers as Chiphell, but when they have info, you can pretty much can bet on it :(

you keep drinking that wtfcfsctchf kool-aid

9. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    There is nothing special about Sweden!
    No wait... that didn't go too well.... :wanker:

There is nothing special about GPU pricing in Sweden.

It just follows EU pattern.
    USA prices have always been much lower than EU due to no VAT/import taxes, and particularly recently because of the strong dollar.

10. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Have you read what I wrote in this thread? Or other? When that guy comes with 1500MHz OC confirmed?
    I said that he is overenthusiastic and we should wait.

Secondly, if they are paying 2900-3000SEK, it is choice of their shops. Here it will cost 2500-2700SEK. And our tax is practically same.

11. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    You're an all right guy, but just wont listen.

Few here understand your jokes.
    And even fewer understand your sarcasm, irony, or whatever should be called that literary method that you use when trying to be funny and going overboard with some tangential and unimportant issue. Ending in total communication disaster...

12. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    yeah you also said glofo guarantees 2.4GHz
    and P10 with ~980 performance, and almost as big as GP104 would not be a disaster. Because of some imaginary great contract AMD has with Global Foundries.

yeah I read pretty much everything here :)

13. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Read that post again. It stated that Polaris 10 is rather big chip (higher price).
    Webs assume around 220mm^2. I looked ad photos and guessed 273mm^2. (That's why I jokingly stated that AMD has to have quite nice deal since GTX 1080 is 314mm^2 ~ only 15% bigger.)
    And GloFo official material stated move from around 1GHz to 2.4GHz. That means anything in between those numbers should not be surprise. And as Always, We do not know yet.
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=5290045&postcount=34
    Post shows no overhyping, and that there is a lot of possibilities floating around.

Ending with need of someone trustworthy like HH doing proper job objectively measuring performance and OC potential.
    - - - -
    I know, I make a lot of joke, sarcasms. But I am last person here putting RX-480 above everything around.
    Iirc, my 1st expectations of performance were between r9-390 and r9-390x.
    Then clocks and TMU(SP) info came and that puts it practically on level of r9-390x at worst.
    (unless memory bandwidth with new compression is not enough to feed it)
    So, how does r9-390x + possible bit extra compares to GTX 980?

14. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    I'm pretty damn sure that they would have shown single Polaris nearly matching 1080 or 980 Ti if this was even remotely possible... Yet they showed crossfire solution ~matching 1080 in pro AMD benchmark.

People please. This is 200 - 300 € card. Don't expect ridiculous things.

15. yobooh

yobooh Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 970 G1
    Indeed the only competitor could be the 1060.
    We will see if it will offer more or less for the money.
    Nvidia it's greedy but not stupid...wont sell a card @300$ when the competition sell it @200$

16. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    It's insane how ridiculous people get.

17. realmadrid

realmadrid Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1050 TI MSI OC
  18. Aelders

Aelders Banned

GPU:
    980Ti G1 @ 1490|8000
    [​IMG]

Shots fired by AMD Peru lol.

Vega early october, will outperform Pascal significantly because of "[our] smaller 14nm process node"

D:

Whoever is managing the AMD Peru page really needs a fabrication 101 class D:

19. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    It should be faster. Because the big Pascal is going to be significantly faster than current Pascals. If it didn't it would be alarming.

20. Aelders

Aelders Banned

GPU:
    980Ti G1 @ 1490|8000
    According to AMD Vega 10 is the smaller of the two Vega GPUs, so this one will compete with GP104, not big pascal.

Vega 11 should be the one to trade blows with Titan P