1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some news about MSI Afterburner v2.3.0

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Overclock Application Discussion' started by Unwinder, Sep 29, 2012.

1. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

Two more changes added to 2.3.0:

- Added unified videomemory usage monitoring implementation for Windows 8
    - Now it is possible to downmix multichannel audio to stereo in stereo rip and stereo mix modes. Previously availablestereo rip mode simply rips front left and right audio channels from multichannel audio ******, whilst new stereo mix mode merges audio from front left, right, center and surround channels

2. CyberDemonVZ

CyberDemonVZ Member

GPU:
    MSI N570GTX M2D12D5
    What is that? Could we get screenshoot or something? :)

Nice feature, thank you!

3. Unwinder

Try to search for "unified videomemory monitoring" in the previous versions release notes. It doesn't give you anything but videomemory usage reporting for AMD cards or NVIDIA cards unsupported by native NVIDIA videomonitoring interface (e.g. dedicated PhysX cards) under Windows 8.

4. Unwinder

I'm rather satisfied with internal beta testing of 2.3.0, so I guess we'll publicly release it on the next week.

5. Eluder

Eluder Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 680 Lightning
    Yay! Look forward to this new version Unwinder.
    Thanks for the hard work as always!

6. flopper

flopper Member

GPU:
    xfx 6950 2gb
    Nastrovje comrade!

Then its top notch:)

7. GhostXL

GhostXL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX 2080 Ti
    Is there by any chance that 2.3.0 ( or whatever the zero may be), will work correctly with the latest AMD drivers aka 12.11?

I"ve been having issues with any version of Afterburner I've tried 2.2.1+. Either it won't see my 2nd card, or it reports incorrect information such as clock speeds.

I know GPUZ has the same issues on 12.11. It will not correctly detect video card information.

Just curious if 2.3.- will have support for newer AMD drivers/code?

Thanks!

8. Unwinder

No, it won't. There is no any new AMD code, to be supported AMD API did't change and displayed info is as correct as AMD driver is reporting it.

9. GhostXL

GhostXL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX 2080 Ti
    Hmm, well all I can say is Afterburner hasn't been correctly displaying info. Since AMD made those changes to their drivers, cut and added processes etc.

Well I guess I'll have to wait on AMD with this one, not sure.

10. edison

edison Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX680
    It works with BF3, Crysis but does not with Company of heroes DX10, Sleeping Dog, etc.

11. hulawafu77

hulawafu77 Member Guru

GPU:
    7970M
    With switchable graphics, the OSD doesn't display the clock speeds or the GPU utilization anymore. Only FPS. Also have to patch in old .dlls for Afterburner to work.

12. daerragh

daerragh New Member

GPU:
    GF 8600M GT 256 MB DDR2
    Hello Unwinder. I'm posting just to say that the latest 2.2.5 doesn't work for me on Win 8 x64 (I didn't try that version on Win 7, used 2.2.1 on Win 7). I can't move any slider and the app shows 0 MHz in Core and Memory Clock. I use Unofficial Overclocking because even on Win 7 the app didn't work for me without it.

Later on I remembered that I was using 2.2.1 on Win 7 x64 so I installed this version on Win 8 and voilĂ  - it works very well.

Obviously I have no clue what's causing 2.2.1 to work and 2.2.5 not to work but do you plan on looking into this matter?

My system is Acer 5740g with Mobility 5650.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2012
  13. gijs007

gijs007 Active Member

GPU:
    AMD Sapphire R9 290
    Since everyone is reporting their issues with windows 8 and afterburner I'd like to share a problem I have as well.

My system: Windows 8 Pro X64, afterburner 2.2.5, AMD 6950
    Screens: 1x 1280x1024@75hz vga(with DVI converter on the gpu side) and my main monitor with HDMI 1920x1080@60hz

What happens is that once I set a oc profile in afterburner the screens start acting strange, if I set the refresh rate in windows again for one off the screens it works fine.
    I suppose its a problem with the refresh rate clock synchronizing when the gpu is over clocked?

I hope you can have a look in to this and resolve this problem in an upcoming release:)

14. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC

Well im using MSI afterburner V2.2.4 in Windows8 without any issues, but i use it mostly for OC and then close.

I tried to monitor a couple of times in Sleeping Dogs, NFS MW2012, Crysis3 MP Alpha, TF2 and L4D2 and it ran ok too.

EDIT: ah i saw you got it fixed :)

Last edited: Nov 7, 2012
  15. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Hello, Unwinder can you or anyone else tell me does the voltage slider affect the VID or the real voltage amount?

If it's the actual voltage can you tell me how much of an offset I need to use if inputting the number into the profiles.xml file for ATI cards.

I have a 7950 and the voltages applied in AB don't stick, so the only way I can adjust the power is if I manually enter the amount in the profiles.xml file, but I don't know how much offset to use because all software gives me a different sensor reading....

In below screenshot there are 3 different values; the voltage selected in AB, the voltage reading in AB, and the voltage reading in GPU-Z....none are the same....(this is at 3D clocks btw).

[​IMG]

Thx...

16. Unwinder

daerragh
    gijs007

Stop flooding the thread with laptop overclocking and unofficial overclocking related things please and representing it as Win 8 issues. Use search.

17. Unwinder

You will break voltage control via PWM in any tool by altering 3D VID in CCC xml because this way you force the card to use different voltage LUT entry in PWM.
    You may tick "force constant voltage" to get voltage working in this case, but it will kill power management.
    On the differences: you're comparing current VID with target VID and current voltage read back from ADC (which is lower due to loadline calibration).

18. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    OK cool, so would I be right in saying AB reports target VID and GPU-Z reports actual VRM output voltage? I just want to make sure not to push too much power through my GPU...

Btw I have some good news (for me anyway ;))....I updated the Vbios on my card and I can now use AB to control both VDIMM and GPU voltage.....

Seems the previous bios had some type of voltage lock in place....working good now though.[​IMG]

19. Unwinder

Correct. Actual output voltage was available in Afterburner since the first days of 7900 announce, but there were too many newbies crying about fluctuating voltages. So it is now forcibly disabled, but can be unlocked via the profiles:

http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=4223273&postcount=19

20. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Thanks....btw after my vbios update - voila....everything is working properly....:D seems Sapphire locked out the voltage adjustment on the last BIOS for some reason...:bang:

[​IMG]

Seeya!