Some Kepler rumors

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by orion24, Nov 7, 2011.

1. orion24

orion24 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 680 @ 1254/1703
  2. Spets

Spets Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    To be fair I think the fault is more TSMC than it is Apples.
    Nvidia claimed to be ready a while ago now which is good but thanks to low yields we won't be seeing anything from both parties until Q2 (currently) for the high end cards :(

3. ---TK---

---TK--- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    wrong thread

4. phobus666

phobus666 Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 5870 @ SM P2450h
    It might be true. I decided to go for SLI MSI 580 Lighting and I cannot find single shop where they have them in stock, across UK.

5. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    nah morel like April - May 2012 for High-end aka true Fermi successor.. AMD early January 2012 or so.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2011
  6. JJayzX

JJayzX Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga RTX2070XCUltra
    Don't they usually showcase new hardware at big shows or conventions or whatever before release to hype it up and tease. I don't expect them to just release these new cards anytime soon without anyone knowing what these cards have. We have no idea on cores and clock and amount of vram or wattage. We are essentially still in the dark except for that graph that showed tesla, fermi, kepler and maxwell. If someone does have some specs please fill me in.

7. orion24

orion24 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 680 @ 1254/1703
    Having no official word until the last moment is no new policy, because otherwise it would jeopardise the current video card sales. This time we have some further complications, with Apple holding a large piece of the TSMC 28nm pie and TSMC reportedly rising prices for NVIDIA/AMD due to that. The last thing I heard is that they will launch in 2011, but starting from the low-end hardware and the laptop chip versions, while the flagships will arrive in 2012. Who knows, maybe Apples piece of the pie is in the high performance or high performance - low power 28nm section and NVIDIA can't have its high-ends build at the price it wants yet. But according to these rumors now, it might change its mind and accept the new pricing, or try to get a better deal, maybe demand equal treatment with Apple

8. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Next year for the 6 series last i heard, a good 6+ months after AMD, only Kep this year would be mobile stuff.

They are also supposedly starting their die shrunk Fermi's off on the 29th of this month, when they are rumoured to be launching their die shrunk 470, under 560 branding.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2011
  9. sovietdoc

sovietdoc Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    new videocards are useless pretty much. until dx 12 comes out, there is nothing they can do except boost speed but whats the point? Until everything goes display port over 400mhz ramdacs when the monitors will support over 2500x resolutions there is really no point in boosting fps speed. The only reason to upgrade a videocard is to run newer direct x and that's not out yet.

10. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    They'll be useless when Dx12 comes out, as can only do Dx9, won't do a higher Dx until new consoles come out that can :p

11. k3vst3r

k3vst3r Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+ 5700XT
    MS ain't pushing for DX12 for windows 8 so DX12 maybe very long time off

12. Mozaik

Mozaik Banned

GPU:
    Giga gtx 470@800
    For everybody that is concluding it is useless to boost speed:did you try to run any newer game in a 2560X1440 or higher with some AA and AF?
    Probably not,cause if you did you wouldn't make such trivial conclusion.
    And Dx11 is a good API to build new hardware upon still.

13. Sever

Sever Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Galaxy 3GB 660TI
    dunno about that. have you tried playing battlefield3 maxed out? my computer struggles to stay above 60fps when battlefield 3 is maxed out. heck, metro2033 and crysis 2 maxed out make my computer cringe. new GPUs are more than welcome.

and hdmi can support resolutions higher than 2560x1600 on a single display.