1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some help or ideas with my keyboard g15

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by x58haze, Apr 9, 2019.

1. x58haze

x58haze Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1060 6GB
    hey guys any tip on how to fix a keyboard that has like an internal error that make a key press itself?
    I have a Logitech G-15 and the Function key f4<-- its pressing itself internally.

I manage in Windows 10, to create a rule through gpedit to prevent installation of keyboard hid, and then uninstall that hid that was causing the issue with F4.
    Which was this one:
    USB\VID_046D&PID_C227 USB
    USB\VID_046D&PID_C227&REV_0020

So i can type and use my keyboard also i can use alt+f4 to close windows, but F4 is not pressing itself anymore.

Sadly i cannot enjoy using LINUX, or x86 android OS for playing emulators, because they said you cannot kill or disable the Functions keys.

And yes i dont have money to spend, i'm just very close of getting my passport so to leave Venezuela, but meanwhile... X_X stinks everything not that easy.

And the issues happen even in Windows Installation, etc,etc. very annoying.

2. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti
    That an oldie membrane keyboard. First of all - have you actually opened it up and cleaned it? A simple fix may be a replacement of membrane, or just cleaning it thoroughly.

x58haze likes this.
  3. x58haze

x58haze Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1060 6GB
    Yeah is quite old, and the way I cleaned back in 2016 had already the problem, and the way i did was like, removing key by key manually, without opening the whole keyboard. In fact because of that clean by mistake i bent a plastic part of the space-bar key, now is terrible just work from a side.

Pictures of dirtiness
    Before clean: (here you can see there is not key only the spacebar
    [​IMG]

After Clean:
    [​IMG]

4. x58haze

x58haze Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1060 6GB
    but for that era i never found a proper video of similar keyboard? to opening and do a perfect clean
    PS: well i did but was very challenging xD

Last edited: Apr 9, 2019

5. x58haze

x58haze Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1060 6GB
    well i opened cleaned perfectly ,problem persist, so its a firmware issue :/

6. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti
    Good Lord, that's a lot of dirt xD I think you might have killed off a whole dust bunny civilization!

Can you clarify - have you totally disassembled the keyboard? Not just remove the keys and clean the top, but also remove screws on the back and take out the PCB. If yes have you cleaned the contact plate right underneath the faulty key? Try rubbing in alcohol on the bottom part of the faulty key membrane.

Besides that, have you spilled any liquid on it? Check the board for corrosion/damage.

insp1re2600 and Geryboy like this.