some help, driver vista

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by nTweaked, Sep 10, 2008.

1. nTweaked

nTweaked New Member

GPU:
    8800M GS/ 512
    anybody know of an app that can force any dx on an older game, some older games u cant choose disable vsync in game so u have to do it through the detonators, but in vista u cant control it through control panel, so i want to force dx7, is this possible with any coded apps out there. need some help

2. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro Staff Member

GPU:
    -
    Welcome to the forums

You can force older pixel/vertex shader models in directx using Rivatuner. But I don't see what this has to do with v-sync, you should be able to disable v-sync just fine through the nvidia control panel.

3. nTweaked

nTweaked New Member

GPU:
    8800M GS/ 512
    can i force apps to use directx7 tho? in vista? if so how?

4. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro Staff Member

GPU:
    -
    Not sure how you can force directx 7 in Vista, but I'm still not sure why you'd want to.

You can try using Rivatuner to force directx 8 pixel/vertex shaders, or give 3danalyzer a go (not sure if that even works in Vista), but directx 7 used hardware texture and lighting and is absolutely ancient.

What exact problem are you having, and in which games? Also, some old games will run too fast if you remove the framerate cap by disabling vsync.

5. nTweaked

nTweaked New Member

GPU:
    8800M GS/ 512
    I know, it's monster truck madness 2, i just want to force either dx7 or directx9 so i can get higher frames per second like i did before. with directx10, i put turn vsync off, but its still locked at 60fps