[Solved] Games running using the Vulkan renderer won't display the OSD

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by tHeSiD, Jun 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. psolord

psolord Active Member

GPU:
    1070/970/7950/5850
    I didn't understand what you said, until I tested the mod of the config file, mentioned above.

Sadly the performance goes down by a lot. Don't know if me using vsync has anything to do with it.

For anyone interested, this is the kind of performance difference we are talking about. Haven't seen it in since Wolfenstein on my old 7950.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Edit: Seems if I use framebuffer instead of viewport as the coordinate space, no more slowdowns occur.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2020
  2. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

Once again and slowly. It is disabled FOR REASON, not just to hide something useful from you. It is SUPPOSED to degrade performance, expeced performance hit is DOCUMENTED since day one and that is why it is disabled. Do NOT enable it if you don't accept the fact that it will reduce your framerate. If you do - DO NOT complain.

psolord, Andy_K and HARDRESET like this.
  3. psolord

psolord Active Member

GPU:
    1070/970/7950/5850
    I was not complaining sir. I just posted my findings. Came here through google search really. Never knew this was an issue.

You have created the absolute best monitoring+ software the PC has ever seen and we thank you for that!

Keep up the great work! :)

4. madmad

madmad New Member

GPU:
    d
    hi, do you know if there will be a new method to make the osd work in doom & future similar games without the performance bottleneck if you use the manually modified option ?
    or it is impossible due to how the game works ?

5. Unwinder

Search is your friend.

6. madmad

madmad New Member

GPU:
    d
    i already searched and found that the option to change is causing slowdown but then ?
    could you just tell me if there is no other way current or future ?

i found this https://steamcommunity.com/app/782330/discussions/0/1867245431035971213/
    and this https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/problems-with-on-screen-display-in-doom-eternal.431272/

that doesn't help

edit: i also read this one https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/psa-rtss-is-broken-in-doom-eternal.431247/page-3
    but it only says that the tweak by changing the config file will lose ftp but not if any other solution may exist or not without fps loss

there is just you saying "There won't be any "official overlay hook for Vulkan", that sentence is a nonsense, sorry."
    but that's not clear, does this means it will be never possible for games that work like doom eternal (and for this game) to show the overlay without fps loss or it means that it'"s not a "fix" but a new technique ?

Last edited: Mar 27, 2020
  7. Unwinder

I won't "just tell you" what I already discussed in details in the past a lot of times. No need to be lazy and disrespect my free time that much please. Search and you'll be able to find the answer. Closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.