[Solution/Workaround] Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Locking up/Freezing/Crashing

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by king-dubs, Apr 22, 2011.

1. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

Only those who have no reading skills have no choice. Try to read at least the first posting of the thread completely before posing useless comments. Anyway, more reading haters dump themselves from AB - better for forum.

2. krishnarama108

krishnarama108 Master Guru

GPU:
    asus ati 5850 1gb 850mhz
    unwinder, what is yur problem ?
    its not exactly msi AB issue...sometimes i can play month without issue and some days CTD all day long...its more servers issues
    and i love AB

3. Unwinder

My problem? Your problem is obviously commenting discussion with other user.

4. krishnarama108

krishnarama108 Master Guru

GPU:
    asus ati 5850 1gb 850mhz
    are yu using latest beta?

5. Virtue

Virtue Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670 WF3
    Yeah these random BSOD's are annoying, doesn't happen in any other games and all hardware has been properly stressed...

This is what I get from bluescreenview: http://i.imgur.com/gH0a3.jpg

I remember BSOD'ing without Afterburner too, so I don't think it's just that. I've googled the issue numerous times before but all I see is people telling others to raise vcore, vtt, disable onboard sound realtek, etc lol

6. Unwinder

That's by far not "just that". The first post is clearly saying that BFBC2's Punkbuster may crash the system when any system tool working with hardware via memory mapped input/output is running. It includes a lot of system tools for VGA and mobo and some sound card control panel software as well.

7. Virtue

Virtue Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670 WF3
    I have no monitoring tools open at all and it keeps BSOD'ing all the time for no reason... Funny considering I've been playing BF3 BETA for days and days, but of course that didn't have Punkbuster.

I'm out of ideas on what to do

8. king-dubs

king-dubs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TITAN X (Pascal) + X34
    Things like ASUS SmartDoctor keeps things running in background even if you don't have the program itself open.

9. Virtue

Virtue Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670 WF3
    Yeah I have nothing from ASUS though. It's so weird, I've never had a problem with a game before nor any kind of instability or anything of the sort. My msconfig startup tab is clean, I just have MSN and MSE along with my keyboard/mouse utilities and that's about it.

Updated any kind of driver (vga, lan, audio, rts, inf chipset, etc) I can think of.

Still BSOD'ing and nowhere else, always the same 124 error which supposedly hints to a hardware fault if you google around but clearly this is only happening in that game and there is huge topic on EA forums with people having the same issue as me: http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/3930/380660.page

I'm clueless as to why half the population playing this game plays fine without issue when the other half is experiencing constant random BSOD's.

Makes me wonder if it's even worth buying BF3 at this point for when they put Punkbuster back. Oh yeah I tried uninstalling that too and reinstalling the new pbsetup.exe, nada. back to square one

Last edited: Oct 12, 2011
  10. briansmitherz

briansmitherz New Member

GPU:
    MSI R6850 Cyclone 1GB