Sold 360, recommend me pc racing game

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by kgb_m3, Jan 12, 2010.

1. kgb_m3

kgb_m3 Master Guru

GPU:
    2 EVGA 260gtx 216 SSC SLi
    Sold my 360 the other day and really miss playing forza 3. I've always played shooters on pc and everything else on consoles, but since my last build I'm over consoles completely. So what's the closest game to forza 3 on PC? I'm not into arcade stuff or too over the top simulators like gtr2, any ideas?

2. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800XT Nitro+ SE
    GRID, DIRT 2, GTR 2.

Though if racing games are your thing then a console would of been a better choice since the 360 has more racing games designed for it as do other consoles as well. On PC all your going to find are console ports, console variants (games that are not straight ports from consoles), or SIMS like GTR which require a decent racing wheel to get the best out of them.

EDIT: NFS series is ok I guess but not my cup of tea. GRID is the best racer I have played on PC my self but do not play racing games much really.

3. kgb_m3

kgb_m3 Master Guru

GPU:
    2 EVGA 260gtx 216 SSC SLi
    Tried grid, too fake and too arcadish. Gtr2 doesn't have enough addiction factor to it. Forza 3 is by far the best racing game I've ever played, but keeping the 360 for one game was pointless. I guess I'll give NFS shift a try, played it at a friend's house for a couple of minutes drunk. Not sure what I felt about it, from what I remember the outside view failed completely, cockpit view was somewhat fun. Is GTR evolution any good?

4. PHJF

PHJF Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 970
    NFS: Shift

GTR Evolution is an expansion to RACE 07 and is made by SimBin, who exclusively cater to sim players.

5. BlooHook

BlooHook Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 FTW SLI
    Well everyone already said what I was gonna tell ya. If GRID was too arcadey for you then you're only other option is NFS:Shift, if you don't like that one then you're screwed.

6. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    Test Drive Unlimited, NFS Shift, Dirt2.

7. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Whatever you do, steer clear of NFS: Sh1t! I hated it... GTR2 and GT Legends are the best bets if you are after a serious game. If you want something more arcadey, get Grid or Dirt 2 over Sh1t any day! Or, 3rd option would be save up for a PS3 and get it with GT5 when it's out :)

8. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    i would go for that option tbh. the game wont be out until march, but it has over 1000 cars :banana:

9. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    debatable :D

this is your opinion though, if the game did not work for you does not mean it won't work for someone else. :p

definitely agreed. :eyebrows:

10. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Yeah it's my opinion but who else's opinion should I state if not mine? For me the game didn't work, for many others it did... I'd snatch up Grid instead, it'll be cheaper as well :)

11. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    lol i wasn't criticizing your opinion, i was just trying to remind the op that opinions shouldn't be the sole reason to avoid playing a game that's all. :)

and once again i agree with you about Grid, it's a great game that you can mod too which is always a welcome thing, let alone the variety of events available in the game.

roll on to F1 2010, hopefully it'll be a good racing game, developed by codemasters, the world needs a good F1 game imo, i'm tired of playing F1GP (1993) and GP4. :D

[​IMG]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F1_2010_(video_game)