SOFTMODING, need a bit of help

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Jinus, Mar 8, 2009.

1. Jinus

Jinus New Member

GPU:
    Saphire Radeon hd2900pro 1GB
    Hi all. I was just about to mod my hd2900pro to a firegl 8600 when I ran in to some problems. I was reading all the diferent topics and started to fell a bit frustrated so I decided to post.

I was reading Schokos post on the new XP 32 patchscrip (http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=261172) for the 8.453.1 firegl driver. But the only 8.453.1 driver that I've found were 64 bit and I'm on 32 bit xp. I'm confused here, how does this script help if 32 drivers can't be found??

I know I'm missing a lot here, so I apologise for what is probably a stupid question. But I would realy apreciate some help.

2. NormanBates

NormanBates Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD3870 / ATI HD4670
    that mod works, and there are 8.453 XP32 drivers around (I think they were .1.1.3 or something like that), you just have to find them (I don't have them at hand right now, sorry)

3. Jinus

Jinus New Member

GPU:
    Thanks for the info, but I really can't find them. I did found something similar to what you wrote but those were mobility drivers... Are there any other drivers that can be softmoded and don't have the selection lag in maya?

4. Jinus

Jinus New Member

GPU:

5. Jinus

Jinus New Member

GPU:
    Just one last question, should I uninstall my catalist driver before installing the firegl driver?

6. NormanBates

NormanBates Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD3870 / ATI HD4670
    it shouldn't matter: I modded the drivers, then installed them (I don't remember if I had to uninstall the previous radeon drivers first, but I think I didn't; on another occassion, I directly installed them after a fresh winXP install, and that also worked)

7. Jinus

Jinus New Member

GPU:
    Okey, got it to work and I got a 188 score in maya (res.:1200×1000), that's good, wright? And no, you don't need to uninstall catalist.