Softmod to quadro?

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by cavallipurosang, Jan 20, 2009.

1. cavallipurosang

cavallipurosang Member

2. snuggles0220

snuggles0220 Active Member

GPU:
    HD 2900xt @ v8650
    I think you can still mod the DirectX to run faster with 3D Apps such as 3DS Max but Opengl apps such as Maya have no imporvment. Shown Here --> http://www.techarp.com/showarticle.aspx?artno=539&pgno=5 Most CAD programs run with DirectX, but most Artistic 3D apps use Opengl.

3. generalRage1991

generalRage1991 Active Member

GPU:
    2x 4870x2
    well that softmod is my test (Vjeran Mandic)
    so it works
    it is not best but it is unlocking hidden option inside drivers and it is pushing your card to act lik quadro even if it is not a quadro
    you will get some boost but in solid works with new drivers you can get kickback
    well biggest problem is that you need same card as quadro
    lets say 8800GTX=quadro4600 (same pipelines same board layout but there is some problems with bios and voltage regulators so you cant make bios mod)
    ahh one more thing there is driver section on techarp i made chose one of 177.xx series drivers it will do a trick for faster quadro performance

Last edited: Jan 23, 2009
  4. cavallipurosang

cavallipurosang Member

Thanks for your replies!

I must say that I intensively use Solidworks... can you explain, please, what would this mod have as consequances... (what do you mean with kickback with new drivers?).

Can Realview be unlocked with this?

(It's a shame that it does work only with nvidias, beacouse, even atis aren't hardblocked yet, there's no patchscript that works in Vista...)

5. generalRage1991

GPU:
    2x 4870x2
    well first you need to use quadro drivers (original) if there are moded drivers just for quadro it would be great (i have one but i would not share it with anyone mostly because i did it my self and it is still beta so it can burn your card -like my GTX LOL)
    realview should work with original quadro drivers
    kickback in frames can be if you use modefied Gforce drivers
    programes/moders will say that drivers are same but they are not (opening and repacking with changing code of nvidia drivers are illegal)
    quadro have code lines that define its work
    programs that use open gl should use ati cards mostly because ati cards have better openGl rendering
    if rivatuner programes add better hardware masking option for quadro cards you will not get any problems with any program that demands original quadro card (as i see they still use few years old masking code inside rivatuner and it dose not work that good)

6. terrablader

terrablader Master Guru

GPU:
    HD4870,HD2900XT,HD4350
  7. generalRage1991

GPU:
    2x 4870x2
    i have seen a posts there LOL
    and most of them are bull**** mostly because people who comments stuff like this never seen a real Quadro card