Soft FireGL V5600 Specviewperf Benchmarks

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by vijaynair, Sep 27, 2007.

1. nicola.micali

nicola.micali Member

if you say me how to try your select problem (step by step) i can tell you if it happens also in my system

2. NormanBates

NormanBates Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD3870 / ATI HD4670
    yesterday I put an unmodded geforce7600GT in my system, and I could check that there is no selection problem with that consumer level nvidia card

I used maya 8.5PLE
    I opened the hand1.ma scene from specapc maya benchmark, and measured the fps while panning/zooming/rotating camera, and also the lag between clicking and actual highlighting, and right-clicking and appearance of the context menu

GF7600GT
    frame rate: 12fps
    click lag: 1.5 to 3 seconds

HD2600XT@fireGLv5600
    frame rate: 150fps
    click lag: 12 to 16 seconds

so there you go: 12 times higher fps (and specviewperf result, surely), and still it is MUCH more confortable to work with the geforce card in this high-poly scene

moral of the story: go for a quadroFX370 or quadroFX570; I believe they are the pro versions of the infamous GF8300GS and GF8400GS, but they are not extremely expensive (133 and 210eur respectively), they get respectable specviewperf results, and they work with less glitches
    (don't be fooled by the meagre performance of their consumer level cards: you will rightly feel cheated, paying 5x the price for the same card, but the 570 gets a maya score quite close to that of the 1500, which was based on a GF7900!! in games, it would be like day and night, but in pro apps the unified shader architecture seems to be of great, great help)

3. vijaynair

vijaynair Member

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTS 320MB
    @Norman
    I am pretty sure its a driver issue and ATI will release new drivers that fix it....Lets hope the mod kings mod those too...

4. huseyint

huseyint New Member

crossfire?

Hi!

Can we crossfire 2 cards modded 2600xt to firegl 5600?

5. fefed

fefed Member

GPU:
    FX5900 @ Quadro FX3000
    Any succeeded attempt on Mobile versions of those Radeons?