so why buy the 6xx series ? (august '12)

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by The Alias, Aug 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Thought is was my bad then.

It looks like a rockstar game again my bad. Just checked it 2K games okay that one is not AAA

2. Black Mesa

Black Mesa Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 560SE 1gb
    No I honestly think THQ has crappy games except for 1 Company of Heroes and that games has no Physx*. For me the Batman games sucked they are nothing more than button masher mainstream console crap IMHO. For me a game like Fallout 3/NV is far more engaging and compelling than good graphics, physx and simple shallow game play.

3. Virtue

Virtue Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670 WF3
    lol.

4. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    That comment was directed at your use of "uses a real physics engine" which implies somehow that PhysX isn't a real physics engine. Physics engines have nothing to do with game design. A designer isn't going to concern himself over what physics engine is being implemented into the game. Substitute any of them in they all do the same thing, the settings are all tweakable.

5. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    then go play minecraft

6. Black Mesa

Black Mesa Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 560SE 1gb
    nvidia Physx focuses on small fickle crap that you can turn it off in any game that uses it and still get the intended experience. You can't turn off an actual physic engine otherwise the game would blow chunks. For example in Mafia 2 all you get with Physx* turned on is a trench coat that flaps around awkwardly.

7. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    Nvidia's drivers are not as **** as amds.

thread over :0

8. Black Mesa

Black Mesa Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 560SE 1gb
    Minecraft is good but why should I go play it when I am trying to play the free SWTOR. It seems to be yet another mainstream trash game maybe they should have put the Physx* into that SWTOR game then maybe they would have been able to keep the noobs playing it and it would not have died so soon LOL.

9. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Coming from a 6950 I have to agree but AMD's drivers are supposedly good on the 7xxx cards.

Pointless post from a TROLL. Please get a life.

10. tweakpower

tweakpower Banned

GPU:
    MSI HD 6770
    It's never ending arguing...

It depends from person to person, instead of creating threads like this (and don't get me wrong, it is good when you collect more opinions, but in most cases it cause other effect...), you should create thread where you ask about few specific GPU's you want to get, but, letting people explain what is better on one side, what is on another, even subjective opinions etc, but all in a good manner, threads like this, they are not bad, but very pointless, who ever wants some advice, i believe he/she will ask.

To actually respond to this thread, there is few things some people overlook at the start.

1. Not so many users actually care about power consumption, and having on mind that electricity is limitless source of power and it is dirt cheep, i can agree with them. If GPU's use fossil fuel to power itself, then it would be thing to care about.

2. Not so many people care about features, and most of them, just install the GPU and leave it that way.

3. Most PC users don't even know, or care about what brand is in their PC's as long as their PC works fine and as expected.

4. Majority of people will buy PC, or PC parts by recommendation from friends, retails etc. So we can type anything here, the chance for them to see this is actually less then 0.0001%.

Both have some advantages and disadvantages, at the end, is what is better suited for your purpose, if you don't know what you look at, then there is no difference which product you will choose, and most of the "fanboys" do not know what they want.

Some people do stick to one brand at longer period of time, some have positive or negative experiences with one or another, so they base opinion on that, and you can call them "fanboys" but they are not in most cases, they are just sick of being played by one of those two companies, and decided not to use it for a longer period of time.

11. Gripen90

Gripen90 Guest

GPU:
    2x RTX 2080Ti SLi
    I won't buy GTX 600 series since 500 series is fine with me.

That said, I'm going for nVidia cards for PhysX and drivers. Through a decade nVidia drivers have generally caused fewer headaches with compatibility with older and perhaps more obscure games than ATi/AMD drivers. My last AMD cards where Radeon HD5970+HD5850 in TriFire and it worked perfectly and amazing performance in new games, but a lot of my older games from 2000-2004 wouldn't run properly or had many graphical glitches.
    I hope to try AMD some time soon again.

12. Frohman0905

Frohman0905 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX680 2GB OC @ 1202/7000
    I dreamt this the day the 680 launched so I freaked out and immediately ordered one

[​IMG]

13. Black Mesa

Black Mesa Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 560SE 1gb
    Honestly in them older games you could have just as easily disabled the 5970 and used just the 5850 for 0 problems and perfect performance. I started using Ati Drivers in 09 with 4890 single & then in CF and I had the same amount of issues as with nvidia which is next to none and or easy fix problems. Games from 2000-2004 do not need tri crossfire 5850s is all I am saying so you can't pin that issue on AMD Ati Radeon.

14. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    I second that. I'm extremely happy with my 580 SLI setup...

15. Black Mesa

Black Mesa Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 560SE 1gb
    Nothing wrong with SLI 560ti, 570, 580. Nice thing about the 6 series is that one card will do the trick that two 5xx cards used to handle. If 580 SLI there's no need to upgrade most likely until the new games for the new consoles come out that raise the bar substantially in the graphics department.

16. The Alias

The Alias Guest

GPU:
    onboard
    I doubt that's gonna happen the rumors for the new ones are dissapointing to say the least

17. Lycronis

Lycronis Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1
    Borderlands 2 say hello as well as the others listed. But I guess you will stick to your normal response of, "Well I think that games sucks so it doesn't count." mentality. If you were as knowledgeable about Phsyx as you seem to think you are, then you would know that a lot has changed with the release of version 3. And it's pretty common knowledge that Nvidia provides much more support to game developers, especially if they join the TWIMTBP deal.

18. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Don't bother Lycronis, his arguments only loop and completely disregards anything you have to say. For some reason he thinks his opinions are infallible.

19. Black Mesa

Black Mesa Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 560SE 1gb
    That's what I was stating earlier when I said nvidia has to pay off game developers to implement there Physx code into the game (TWIMTBP) titles. Also AMD has there sponsored games as well (AMD Gaming Evolved) it's not a one way street.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I guess because I am in the nvidia GPU forum and I own and use many nvidia GPU that some of you mistook me for a biased fanboy.

20. Black Mesa

Black Mesa Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 560SE 1gb
    So if someone does not have the same opinion as you that means they are wrong LOL ok bud.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.