So whose gonna upgrade to 2 gigs for BF2??

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Island, Jun 17, 2005.

1. Island

Island Master Guru

GPU:
    2 EVGA 980Ti ACX 2.0
    I'm sorry dude but I gotta call Bull**** on that satement..I mean cmon'...Maybe u have that silk type gameplay on single player(but I doubt it), but I know for a fact that you aint' getting that "silky" play as you say on multiplyer...My rig, as you can see is a ahead of yours, as my FX is at 2.86 at my Gt is overclocked to 425/1100...But anyway, that's not even the point..

Ram is the point to this game with all the multiple texture rendering, and with these big maps etc...and even with my corsairs, they got eaten up by this game and I had ALOT of page filin'....BUT....I got me now 2 gigs of Patriot 1 gig sticks at 2-3-2-5 running at 1T, and guess what...SMOOTH as a baby's buttock's for me my friend....Trust me, I don't need to BS, this game is playable on 1 gig..yes, but I love to jack everything on high, and upgrading to 2 gigs makes it possible for me to do that now..

And for ppl saying wait it's just a demo, and all this other stuff...Good 4 u, wait all u want...I'll be enjoying my games the way I wanna play them...L8r

2. hypnotoad24

hypnotoad24 Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon HD 5870 1GB
    lol call bs all you want. i assure you it runs smooth. maybe you're doing something wrong. i won't be adding another gig anytime soon.

(oh and i do mean multiplayer)

(and stock clocks. heh. dont ask why)

Last edited: Jun 21, 2005
  3. omarmakki

omarmakki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D GeForce 6800 (12x1,6vp)
    Well, I might think of 1.5GB... But, I am not sure if I can sacrifice Dual Channel. What do u think guys? Would u prefer 1GB dual channel or 1.5GB not in dual channel?

4. Billabong

Billabong Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 9800GTX
    2gig dual channel ;)

5. apoc_reg

apoc_reg Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 480
    Well i got 1.5 GB Ram and havent had a problem on line or single player
    run at 1600x1200 everything maxed with No AA

So i reckon 1.5 is enough....... but yeah the full game should run even better

oh and my 1.5 GB is definetly faster than when i had 1 GB dual channel

6. LinkDrive

LinkDrive Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Toaster
    just get 2 512's on dual channel and 2 256's on dual channel ^_^

7. nEffect

nEffect Guest

I have no lag at all... Maybe Windows XP x64 runs that game better than 32bit Windows XP.

8. allesclar

allesclar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    no probs here for the 5th time :)

9. NowhereMan

NowhereMan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 470
    Well, I after playing a few hours with the full version (by the way, this game is excellent and the graphics are just beautiful -- makes HL2 look like Pong :D ). Anyways, it seems that with 1GB of RAM I get occasional lag at certain spots on the big maps (the demo map was pretty small that's why people don't lag).

So based on that, I might upgrade to 2GB.

P.S. - Did I mention that this game is excellent? Best game of the year in my book. I doubt that F.E.A.R or S.T.A.L.K.E.R will be able to come close to the chaos and strategy of this game.

10. Jerms

Jerms Member

GPU:
    BFG 6800GT
    There is a good hardware guide on gamespot.com. According to their tests, there is not that much difference in gameplay between 1gig and 2gigs of Ram. It might load better but gameplay is not affected. They are also probably using the retail version and not the demo. Game uses graphic card heavily so that is your most important hardware to play this game.

Jeremy

11. LinkDrive

LinkDrive Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Toaster
    gamespot isnt that reliable...and your right theres little difference between 1 gig and 2 gigs because most games dont need anymore than a gig. the only exceptions are games with huge map areas (mmorpg's and bf2)

12. LinkDrive

LinkDrive Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Toaster
    gamespot isnt that reliable...and your right theres little difference between 1 gig and 2 gigs because most games dont need anymore than a gig. the only exceptions are games with huge map areas (specifically mmorpg's and bf2) in terms of viewable distance

13. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    oki guess i could add my 2 cents here. lets get the obvious out first: upgrading to 2 gigs wont give you anymore FPS...there.

now then, i play with all settings at max except AA is off and i play at 1600 x 1200 resolution and the SP mode runs smooth and sexy but when i go online, the game gets really choppy especially with AA on. i havent tried fiddling with all the settings yet cos its just the demo, i'll wait for the full version and a new driver from ATI that hopefully will have some enhancements for the game.

14. omarmakki

omarmakki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D GeForce 6800 (12x1,6vp)
    More, ram gives more smooth gameplay, but almost not more fps.