So nobody interested in forming a Clan?

Discussion in 'Guru of 3D Clan' started by KILL BILL, Jan 6, 2005.

1. ekimator

ekimator Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 780 3GB
    like i said before, im pretty darn good. at times :) willing to do whatever. no work for me just college so i have some free time

2. chickenRUN

chickenRUN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI 7950
    well i am in a cz clan and play cs if anyone wants to join let me kno.. my cz clan has a server if ya wanna drop by 64.92.166.59:27015 (usually empty tho)

3. ekimator

ekimator Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 780 3GB
    well to start thigns off we should pick a time, and some server to all play on atleast meet each other in a game once :)

4. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070ti 2126/4350
    depending on how many we are, we should pick one with very little people

5. InFiD3L

InFiD3L Maha Guru

GPU:
    x1950 Pro
    Not wishing to put a downer on this situation, but I see ppl from UK, US and Aus all wishing to get this clan under way. Latency across the globe would be too much of an issue for the clan to compete with anyone with a more localised set-up in a competitive manner.

If it's for just a good old jolly-up with fellow guru's then yeah, it should be a laugh...not least seeing a few aussies running past me at 3 FPS :D

6. ekimator

ekimator Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 780 3GB
    i think the premise of it would be fun, and if more people joined up we could possibly have global divisions? of the clan. but i didnt start it so i cant say. I just want to play with you guys :)

7. KILL BILL

KILL BILL Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon X850 XTPE
    Well it sure looks like something is going to start now, im in a clan too, but that wont stop me having some fun with the Guru's and if something possitive comes from this i would concider joining the clan.

8. Damnit

Damnit Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Vega 64 BIOSmod
    If you guys are serious about getting a CS clan together, you shoukd really look into TeamSpeak.

BTW, Im in. Ive got sooo much free time on my hands right now I might even host the server if no one would mind. I have a fairly good connection (10mbps theoretical and 3-4mbps actual online).

9. BaDmOfO

BaDmOfO Maha Guru

GPU:
    2 x Evga sc GTX 780
    Here's an idea for you all. The clan I have rents a server, we all pitch in a couple bucks a month. I found a host that only charges $25 for a 24 man server and 5 bucks a month for team speak. It's dirt cheap because it's user managed, meaning that you have to add all your own mods through the ftp and do your own steam updates and game installs through the control panel. It's super easy and if anyone wanted, I could walk them through all of it. The good part of the user managed thing is that you don't have to wait for the tech's to update it, since you do it yourself.

The IP is 67.15.80.186:27015 if anyone wants to check it out. I also get a free server for moderating the hl2 section of their forum. I'm currently using that for Hl2dm. I could let you all use that server for the time being, besides I think it would be fun to frag with you all :D.

Link

10. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070ti 2126/4350
    sounds good to me Damnit.

that is pretty cheap btw, Badmofo

11. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070ti 2126/4350
    so what's new?

12. FRAGEYE

FRAGEYE Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 8800 GT 512MB
    I can run a server,a few was on last night,it was smooth,i'm in the uk so it is a good halfway house-usa-aus,etc,if you want someone to serve 6:00pm onwards uk time[gmtime]most days give us a shout.:arnie:

13. penguin17

penguin17 Member Guru

GPU:
    Msi N460GTX 1GD5
    I just started playing and would love to join a guru clan,

let me know if you get a game going.

14. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070ti 2126/4350
    sounds good frag

15. VDaishi

VDaishi Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA Geforce 7800GT x2
    hmmm where u guys play?

Last edited: Jan 29, 2005

16. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070ti 2126/4350
  17. InFiD3L

InFiD3L Maha Guru

GPU:
    x1950 Pro
    Are you able to publish an IP Address FRAGEYE? You seem to be very keen for ppl to play on your server. It might be handy for everyone to know what the IP is so that they can ping or tracert it to ascertain whether it will be a playable server.

Being located in the UK (OT: BTW Whereabouts?) maybe geographically halfway between those continents, but it really is down to network quality and the number of hops players need to go through to get from their network onto yours.

Just an idea, but it is likely to get ppl off your back when you do post with news of the server you set-up for us.

Thx buddy :)

18. gsxrjunkie

gsxrjunkie Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG gts250oc
    omg cs how many hacks -aim bots -and cheats r there for that game.that game i cant even play cuz 2 many friggin punks cheat

19. BaDmOfO

BaDmOfO Maha Guru

GPU:
    2 x Evga sc GTX 780
    I'm not sure where you've been playing, but there aren't that many source cheaters yet. We very rarely get any cheaters on our servers and the mass of them have been speedhax, which is very easy to detect. I suggest playing on clan servers with admins present.

20. AsianCC

AsianCC Guest

well i think you guys are in luck.

My server computer Specs:
    P4 HT 2.8 @ 3.2
    MSI 5700 LE 128mb
    KingMax 2X512DDR PC 3700
    1 Western Digital 10k Raptor 74gig
    Gigalan 10/100/1000

Im using Cogeco Cable. I pay extra 10 bucks a month for Extreme bandwidth. 1.5mb/s Downloads 800k/s uploads.

My gaming machine ------>

But im totally interested in the idea.