So long my PC gaming brothers

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by BigRob, Dec 8, 2010.

1. middydj

middydj Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX670
    Me and you both buddy. I have been gaming since 1979-80.

The day I give up pc gaming for a console is the day I STOP gaming...

Have always loved pc gaming since I first starting tinkering with my own in 1998.

Most young folk today have no idea about upgrading and repairing pc's .

It sort of surprises me when i hear of my relatives asking me to repair their pc's and I think you have grand-kids and kids who have no idea how to do it??

Nothing like in the 80s when I remember us younger ones then tinkering with electronics. Now just buy a Ps3 or Xbox and call it a day.

2. middydj

middydj Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX670
    I must agree. That post was way over the top. No need to berate a person over such pettiness.

Show some maturity even in disagreement.

3. spike21

spike21 Member Guru

GPU:
    7970CF 16@2133mhz
    "O brother".

4. The Janitor

The Janitor Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    That's the thing, I'm sitting far away looking at a screen with an upscaled resolution, it feels so awkward since I'm used to having a very clear picture close to me.

5. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    Dunno about the OP but for myself:
    1. its about which one you have more fun playing. its a preference thing. I still enjoy some very specific PC titles, but i have to research about its bugs and DRM..etc and choose carefully, kinda risky sometimes. Some pc games really tick me off in terms of just playing the damn thing.

2. Cost factors depend and vary for many. I rent most of my games and i can play and enjoy 5 games much much cheaper than i can play those 5 on PC if i paid retail price for them cause you can't rent PC games. I only have about $600 invested in my PS3 owning it for almost 2 years i think. I can go anywhere and get used games as well. In the same 2 years i paid far more on my PC and is basically outdated by normal PC standards yet few games really push it to its visual limit anyway.

3. My current PC games are basically worthless anywhere but online which is little to nothing depending. The rig isnt worth much by comparison to what i paid either but I can sell all my PS3 gear and make much of my money back.

4. graphics aside, some console games are just a blast to play and it fills in the large gap between good PC titles. Again, dunno about the OP, i prefer both but i do play my PS3 far more though. But hey if PC gaming was like it used to be, then this discussion wouldnt exist.

5. Considering all the various complaints i see here about the PC gaming industry and issues with specific PC titles...i don't see what it matters when comparing consoles faults. Both can equally suck and be cool.
    Its like "defend the PC" in this thread, then turn around and discuss how most of its console ports suck. lol, whatever man, some here are ironically funny like that sometimes.

6. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AorusXtreme 1080Ti
    Good post :)
    1. Of course, its all about the games, like i said in my previous post, i enjoy many PS franchises that i would honestly perfer to play on my PS3, Tekken, Final Fantasy, MGS, and fighting games are a must as party games. PC has become crap recently with DRM, mainly Ubisoft and yeah it sux but you have to research games now before buying. Im starting to like Steam though the more titles i have on it as its becoming a kind of gaming jukebox
    2. A yeah cost wise its completely dependent on your gaming habits, i normally end up buying on average 1 game a month so i spend quite a bit on gaming, when i had my PS2 i had no PC at the time so i spent a fortune on it, its situational but i dont spend much more on my pc in total than i would spend on consoles.
    3. Yeah, agree completely, you cant trade PC games so they do become worthless, however im a huge retro gaming fan so i keep all my games anyway( still have about 15 PS1 games and 22 PS2 games ) so it doesnt bother me not being able to trade them, but yes i do agree completely that not everyones like me :)
    4. Loads of console games are a blast, but recently GT5 for example came out, now im used to a 3 screen setup with my G25 and TrackIR so for me its as annoying as being all excited about an uber PC racer to be released that only supports 1 screen and no trackir. I dont blame the PS3, its just for me i cant enjoy the game as i would like to enjoy it as ive been a bit spoilt on the PC. That doesnt mean i think all racers suck cos i cant play them on my PC, ill be picking up GT5 for christmas, its just that it would be nice to play it with all my hardware
    5. Well i absolutely hate the pointless PC vs console threads or 360 vs PS3, they all end up pointless and flame fests. Like i said its about the games, buy whatever hardware is required for the games you want to play and how you want to play them and deal with the respective issues of each platform, i.e. paying for online on 360, having no AA in most titles on PS3 or having crappy gfx drivers on PC. None of them are perfect but we are all very aware of the pros/cons of each platform by this stage