So I installed steam again...

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by dchalf10, Jun 22, 2012.

1. JeyNyce

JeyNyce Guest

GPU:
    PowerColor 6700XT
    Use CCleaner and see if there's a problem with your registry. There could be a conflict with your steam install

2. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Not really, if you look around you, you'd realize that every person here, and elsewhere, unless you went to a ihatesteam.com type of website, is, and will be, telling you the same thing

Tell me, if it's steam, why is no one else having the same problems? I'm not saying steam doesn't have problems, and that there's never anything steam does wrong, but you're literally stating that nothing works on steam and therefore it's steam that is at fault when the reality of that is, if that were true, you wouldn't be the ONE person to be experiencing this, there could be 100 of you and it still would all be your PCs, because small numbers = computer or user error

You're just too blind to see that

sucks for you in the end in reality

3. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    guaranteed fix.
    Buy entire new PC hardware including all wires and peripherals. Get a new ISP and have someone install Windows, drivers and Steam for you...that has to work:banana: if that doesn't, i'll drink my own pee and put it on youtube

4. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    LoL.

Oh man, that was a low blow.

5. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    +1

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 4 characters.

6. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    Found this:

7. gamerk2

gamerk2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 570 GTX 1.2 GB
    ^^ Yep. Once, after a registry cleanup, I had a problem where the Steam Service wasn't starting up right. So while Steam itself would run, the service that is needed to "kick off" the games wasn't.

Other thing it could be is a problem with a VS runtime component (not unheard of...)

8. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    which should also be fixed with a reformat of the PC, i'm not saying that you should take that big of a jump just for steam, but from what i got from those suggestions your steam registries have been screwed up and typically that would only happen if you've messed with your computer for way too long without a reformat

not impossible though

9. crushilista

crushilista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 670
    It's a Steam issue in this one case. However, just because it messed up once (which is rare for everyone else for that game and the majority of the time) doesn't mean the program is poor.

It's like driving a car and the spark plugs go bad early, then cursing the brand and never buying from them again. It was a freak occurance.

10. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I don't think OP could care less at this point, everyone :p