So i got all consoles not the way i would have liked tho.

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by Ryu5uzaku, Jul 8, 2011.

1. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    So my brother went and passed away, i got all his consoles and games as memorial items sort of. I got yakuza 3/4, demon's souls, heavy rain and MGS4 it seems, and many many multiplatforms. Wii games i got super mario galaxy 1 and few others of the bigger titles.

any suggestions to what to get on these consoles. tho first my goal is to finish yakuza games for my brother.

2. slick3

slick3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    To be honest i find this pretty weird ... What i would do is keep all the consoles and games, treat them with care, and when it gets broken or when i get bored using them ... keep them in my room for the rest of my life.

3. CaliMnTSnaKe

CaliMnTSnaKe Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 260 700/1425

this^

4. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    oh i'm keeping them... but i'm not gonna let them just lay there. and i plan to get other games brother was planning to get. not gonna give them anywhere or anything more or less will be with me forever.

just asking what would be sort of games i could buy to go with these, nothing bad in that i suppose?

5. Darkest

Darkest Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD7950
    My condolences for your loss.

It may be easier for us to give you an idea of what to buy if we better knew your tastes? I'm personally a big JRPG gamer and that is the main reason I own consoles, though I do dabble in other genres when good exclusives come out.

PS3:

Uncharted 1 -3
    Killzone 2 -3 (Suggest getting move for the third, fantastic fun)
    God of War 3
    A lot of people like the Resistance games but I don't find them too spectacular

360:

Gears of War series
    Tales of Vesperia (JRPG, but fantastic plot. Can be a tad costly though as it had a limited run)
    Star Ocean: The Last Hope (Another JRPG but one many enjoy due to the merits of its brilliant combat system)
    Alan Wake
    Lost Odyssey (Another RPG but again, a fantastic story. A must have for any 360 owner imo)

Cross-platform (But console limited):

L.A Noir
    Bayonetta (Though it runs better on the 360)
    DBZ Raging Blast and/or Burst Limit (Great fighters)

They're all I can think of, off the top of my head that you've not already listed.

6. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    I play pretty much anything. I need to check what games my little brother didn't finish took his 360 hdd so i can just plug that in. I know he didn't finish L.A Noir...

Always when i visited him or called him we talked about games a lot what he had bought how far he was in games and so on. He was really looking forward to playing SWTOR :(

Damn writing this makes me cry...

7. slick3

slick3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    Okay let me just say this though, i know you don't plan on doing this .... but don't use your brother as an excuse to buy every game out there, that's wrong.

I know you are not doing that ...... just throwing that out there

8. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    I know that is wrong and yea won't be doing that... using him as an excuse to buy **** would be down right disgraceful.

9. yelsewshane

yelsewshane Banned

GPU:
    Sapphire VaporX 290
    Sell all of it while you can and use the money to purchase the new consoles comeing out soon. I am sure you brother would want you to be happy :)

10. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AorusXtreme 1080Ti
    really sorry for your loss mate.

I would just keep the consoles and just pickup whatever game YOU want whenever it comes out. At the end of the day those consoles will remind you of your brother so its best to use for the games you want so that you a constant connection with your brother.

sorry, but thats just a $hit comment, people who have lost like to have items from those that they lost, flogging crap like that is just nasty( unless of course you needed the money to pay the mortgage of course )

11. shoja

shoja Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 GAMING X TRIO
    Sorry to hear that, may he rest in peace :)

And about the consoles/games, I would just give them away to someone, because that would just remind you of him and depress you, unless, this feeling differs from culture to culture, not sure.

12. angmar

angmar Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI Founders
    Get Mass Effect 1 and 2 for xbox 360 or PC these are FANTASTIC games. Also the Assassins Creed series is really good. Gears of War series...etc....there is so many good games to play. The Halo series is a great game I would def reccomend picking up Halo 1 2 and 3 and Halo Reach

13. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800XT Nitro+ SE
    He could just save some money and time and pick up either ONE of the Halo games and play through it 4 times and he would have more or less played every single Halo game out there. Seriously, can we stop talking about ****ty games and start talking about good ones for change.

Assassins creed and Mass Effect on the other hand are great games.

14. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Ah been through... Gears series, AC, Halo games and ME games too.
    Played gears with my brother hehe. Was looking forward to GoW 3. Still am but not the same ofc.

Yeah i won't sell these consoles ever, i don't have anything i would need the money for anyways. No mortgage or anything like that.

And remembering my brother isn't depressing at all makes me feel all good inside that i had good times with him playing and doing other stuff.