So how many of you are happy with 10.12?

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by gamer1291, Dec 14, 2010.

1. Metz

Metz Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 5850 TOP CF
    Glad i could help :) If ya have any problems just toss me a pm

2. TARNY

TARNY Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 560 Ti
    I think they work ok.not a huge improvement but no stutters. I think the answer to this is what ever driver works best for you . Why go for the latest? just because its the latest.? if 10.10 works then use it.trail and error.

3. |ALE|

|ALE| Guest

4. HaZe303

HaZe303 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    Its no trouble, just try to think about it. Otherwise it gets hard for others to find something useful in this forum if there are 50 different threads of same thing? ;)

5. ajkmetiuk

ajkmetiuk Member

GPU:
    XFX HD5830 1GB
    i like this driver 10.12
    the bsod with some games gone and the performance with this driver is really good
    only the ccc2 preview is buggy with me, but with the older ccc this driver is amazing
    tron evolution in max settings now up ~8fps+
    i'm so happy with this driver :D thx AMD

6. Atlas

Atlas Maha Guru

GPU:
    290 x2, Saphire reference
  7. rippedx

rippedx New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon 6870 1GB
    Very happy with these. Black Ops is finally smooth enough (no stuttering). My frags have gone WAY up :banana:

8. GeoD

GeoD Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    drivers are fine i suppose. no major issues, just shadow flickering in WoT beta...but that has been there forever. the new cp is cool i guess.

9. jskyg

jskyg Master Guru

GPU:
    powercolor 5850@775/1125
    since I always post about not having driver issues, I think it's fair to say this is the second set along with 10.11 officials that cause issues with 2d, mainly desktop apps.

went back to 10.10's since I have no issues with these.

btw my card is a first release(over a year old), I'm sure that has something to do with it.

10. Dusty_M

Dusty_M Active Member

GPU:
    HIS 7950 IceQ X²
    Except for MLAA affecting Firefox 4 beta, this set is fine. No great wonders or anything special, but they work.

11. deltatux

deltatux Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    I can finally play Black Ops with shadows with this driver, so it makes me happy. Will have to test Starcraft II to see if there are bugs since some of u seem to have some.

deltatux

12. Bornakiller

Bornakiller Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 SLI
    Tried your tweak Still no mlaa + now only edge detect aa Is available all other modes are gone..

13. Kariddi

Kariddi Active Member

GPU:
    2x ATI 5850 Sapphire
  14. Metz

Metz Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 5850 TOP CF
  15. Dusty_M

Dusty_M Active Member

GPU:
    HIS 7950 IceQ X²
    I'm not having any problems with SC2, seems this driver fixed the pylon field issue that I had (Power field being under the ground textures).

16. Espair

Espair Active Member

GPU:
    HD4870 1gb@2048x1152
    I was complaining about it in the other thread, Fast loading、But with stuttering In bc2

turns out after turning Catalyst AI’to advanced, my frames DOUBLED、ANd!I even kept the fast loading, so im happy :)

17. gamer1291

gamer1291 Master Guru

GPU:
    ROG STRIX-GTX-1070-O8G
    Hey guys did any of you tried mlaa on hot pursuit does it work properly i cant tell the difference?.

I did force aa and it looks good but is it better to force mlaa or force aa on this game?.

Can anyone tell me the fps difference between mlaa and aa in this game?.

18. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    POS its lowering my idle clocks too much so my middle screen displayport with adapter in my eyefinity setup is flickering and jumping like the original drivers of the 5850 grrrrr

19. HaZe303

HaZe303 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    Just disable MLAA in CCC, and use RadeonPro to enable MLAA in games profiles for only the games you want it in. Best software for ATI owners, it has most of useful things you need.

20. master2k8

master2k8 Active Member

GPU:
    7950 1.1 Ghz Edition
    on my 5970 the driver runs just smoothly and excellent atm, i got not really a problem till now but i just installed it yesterday , all in one the 2d quality looks a bit sharper to me and a huge 3d performanceboost is there ; theres a smoother feeling in all 3d games i have. the options that are present in the driver are enough for me i dont need to tweak around with settings i know they aren't necessary if the graphics device is fast enough, and even if it is a bit slower, i'd first decrease the ingame qualitiy setting instead lower the quality in the driver. (so i'm maybe one of this guys who are not disappointed about the few options in the ccc) (and no its not because i'm a noob or something) since i develop 3d applications i know there is just no need to enforce something thats usually used, there's a reason why applications uses double and triple buffering. for example
    to implement a "turn off" is more like a dirty dirty method to get more performance out of something, so i wouldn't be proud of nvidias CP just because they offer this crap.

m2k