So how is my chart so far?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Reclusive781, Dec 28, 2010.

1. W@w@Y

W@w@Y Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 4080
    When I bought the game early this year, I used to have an e8400 and a GTX 260..At that time both are already considered quite old hardware and definetely non-high end..but I didnt have problems with performance

2. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Thing with this game, performance wise is that you need a quad. With my old coreduo e6750 the game ran bad, it wasn't even overclocked but I hoped that my gtx 280 would handle it alone, it didn't. As soon as I swithced to my current rig with the same gtx 280 the frames tripled. I won't mention how good it runs and looks with my 580s but what I can say is that this game scales great with every inch of extra horsepower in both gpu and cpu. Hell this is one of the few games where you have visible gains even with 3 gpus or even 4 tom some extent.

TL'DR the game is optimized, if you run it on ''lesser'' hardware, tune the video settings accordingly.

3. Cyrosis

Cyrosis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD4000
    I don't think it runs overly great for how it looks, not terrible, but nothing above your average port now a days either. The game overall looks sooo much better in videos and screenshots than it does in game. As it seems like most of it's issues get covered up by blurry videos and re sized screens. I wouldn't begin to compare it to Crysis, as it has a very large number of taxing graphical features not found in BFBC2.

4. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I have a 6870 and on my rig I'm getting silky smooth framerates with everything maxed and 4xAA/16xAF

5. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Come on, seriously? BC2 looks ace... features wise it's up there! destructible buildings... DX11, HBAO you name it, the game looks amazing and runs great! I struggled on my rig with a 8800gtx a little bit, had to run the game with medium shadows and no AA or HBAO @ 1680x1050, then I got a 4890 and the game just totally transformed itself to one of the best looking games out there! now with 6870 I can run it fully maxed and it's wow! on a 24" monitor with headphones on, it's spot on!

6. Cyrosis

Cyrosis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD4000
    I never said it didn't look nice overall, but it's performance is nothing but standard when compared to any of the other multiplatform games coming out these days, IMO. I still wouldn't want to compare it to Crysis, as BFBC2 is designed very conservatively, whereas Crysis jammed in pretty much evey graphical enhancement possible. They just aren't very similar.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2010
  7. HairyUK

HairyUK Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080
    Cyrosis, could you not overclock that cpu a bit higher, u would prob see a good improvement.

8. Cyrosis

Cyrosis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD4000
    I'm normally sitting around 50+FPS, so I'm not worried. The CPU isn't a good clocker though, it's been in a couple motherboards and 3.2 is about it's max without going crazy with the V.core.

9. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Crysis interiors look terrible imho. Vanilla crysis had quite a few bad textures... Sure, the jungle looks great, but the desks, chairs, anything wooden looked meh.

10. BigBlockTowncar

BigBlockTowncar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX970 SC
    It's your computer/your internet connection..game is fine now.

Crysis and Far Cry play tricks on people for what looks good and what doesn't...the brilliant colors that are used give false impressions. I always thought that at certain times Call Of Pripyat looked just as good as Crysis, even better in some spots. Metro 2033 looks the best to me now, my PC is a little slow for it though.

Bad Company 2 has always run very well and the sun shining on the water on many of the levels is very impressive, as are the destruction effects.

11. Reclusive781

Reclusive781 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 7800 XT
  12. twtaylor

twtaylor Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12gb
    Really mature. What are you? 15?

13. Reclusive781

Reclusive781 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 7800 XT
    eh? It's free for anybody to edit :banana:

So far I see we have a lot of creative people.

14. Sprecker

Sprecker Guest

GPU:
    Zotech 680 4g
    NVM figuure it has been trampled on a few times already.

15. Cyrosis

Cyrosis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD4000
    What's your point? Most BFBC2 interiors are empty, and it generally has lower resolution textures than Cryisis, while at the same time many textures are missing normal maps, and none of them have parallax maps.

I already said the game looked nice, why are you guys getting all defensive? It's not even close to having the features Crysis does, that doesn't make it ugly, or bad, it's just the truth.

16. Sprecker

Sprecker Guest

GPU:
    Zotech 680 4g
    One could ask you the same question.

17. metaltoiletry

metaltoiletry Maha Guru

GPU:
    XFX HD5870
    Personally I never really liked Battlefield 2 or 2142. I really really enjoyed Battlefield 1942 however and played a lot of Bad Company 2. On another note, the Bad Company series is different than the plain ol' Battlefield series so obviously it's going to be different.

18. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    I loved bf 1942, offline tons of hours played online at its end, altho i had 56kb connection vs DSL (im in a town) and there was reduced community, so every1 was uber-veteran spanish pro. But was fun.

BF2 was better with DSL, more people which were more on my lvl... loved planes (even bought cheap joystick 4 it, it got broken after ton of hours).
    Loved it. Altho i had 13 and couldnt pay 60€ for it (no ea discounts exist at those time :p) so when they closed "my" pirate server (reasons to dont release server files? xD), i just kept only-offline .

BF2142 --> didnt play, not in those futurist games...

BFBC2 bought it now. The feeling of realism that destructable buildings give (even if its not perfect) its awesome. Also vietnam not destroying normal game (aka not better, just different) makes it enjoyable for long runs, when you get bored. Switch to vietnam.
    ANDDDDDD, lag its much better than on BF2, try to kill with sniper in BF2 -.-, you had to compensate lag, in BFBC2 you may have more real lag, but it feels better. Also play @ your country servers...

Bad point its that Chopper are kinda OP without planes rapping them and no real awesome anti-air weapons (altho planes were kinda op in BF2, but it was kinda hard to rape with them and not like so annoying, just rapping random people around map, but not camping a place etc etc..)

Last edited: Dec 31, 2010
  19. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Where is this OP chopper?

Maybe in Realism mode, but in actual normal mode servers, they go down easily, especially if the enemy has a RPG7 + Tracer. Even fi not, just general AA, or well, anything with an MG can take it down easily.

Air is very weak in BC2.

20. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    This is purely DICE's fault not the players,making 4 classes instead of 5 and assigning Ammo resupply to a class(assault) that has a 40mm nade launcher!What a pathetic move...i knew there would be problems with this before the game was even released as i read the class layout.

The players are just using it to there advantage....at least in BF2 if you was assault and you needed 40mm resupply you could get it from the support class as this class had ammo resupply.

It was better balanced with better maps and you couldnt snipe across the map with shotguns.

in my 2500hrs of experience on BF2,90% of it playing in our clan,most people who complain about BF2 are people who were never any good at it and got owned constantly.

To be good at BF2 you had to put alot more time in than BC2 to become quite good at it,it was a harder game with more things to be aware about,but it was also more rewarding.

Bc2 is a great game,but at 300 hrs im kinda bored of it at level 44,its good to play in small doses,it does not have the magnetism that Bf2 had,nowhere near it,but its good in its own way and certainly pisses all over any moh or cod rehash.:)