So how is my chart so far?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Reclusive781, Dec 28, 2010.

1. sprower

sprower Master Guru

GPU:
    TriFire5770 9800GT Physx
    This is coming from a guy who played cod2 more then any other game..

:tool:

Sooo then you REALLY like BC2? Because this whole thread reads otherwise...

Really? You sank your own ship when you a.)tried defending your OP b.)stated you were a CoD fanboy and c.)linked your stats for BC2.

LOL! Explains why it's your most used weapon. :bang:

2. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    I really don´t understand Cronik´s stance about BC2...

It´s true that the game has some annoying feature like rocket launchers and grenade launchers noobs always using them. It´s also true that the game takes some ideas of COD because of it´s success. And the game is unbalanced because the medics are a much better class then the others.

But every game has it´s small problems and BC2 is a great game despite some obvious flaws.

If you don´t like, it´s okay, but saying that the game is that bad is silly to say the least.

3. Reclusive781

Reclusive781 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 7800 XT

Wait hold on? How does the first three mean anything?

4. inklimited

inklimited Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6850 900MHz
    Try it and come back and tell me. :D

Nothing but repair tool or smoke. Smoke is much, much harder. ;)

PROTIP: Extra speed and armour.

EDIT: Like dis...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 30, 2010

5. Reclusive781

GPU:
    RX 7800 XT

It took me 2 days to fully unlock the recon kit :biggun: I played Arica Harbor because spotting and getting Marksman shots gave me more points so I could unlock faster. So glad I was done with it.

[​IMG]

6. HairyUK

HairyUK Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080
    right you hate BC2 , great. 94 hours to come to that verdict, priceless.

Enjoy COD and i will enjoy BC2.

Toodle pip

7. inklimited

inklimited Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6850 900MHz
    Y'know, if you run around with the 870 shotgun, you will get better at using the bolt action sniper rifles from the hip.

Weird eh? Scatter gun = sniper rilfe. :p

8. Reclusive781

GPU:
    RX 7800 XT
    I'd rather hop into another tank and go head on. I'm not big on being sneaky.....Besides that what's wrong with my K/D?

9. Reclusive781

GPU:
    RX 7800 XT

Ill enjoy BF2142 and l4d2 a lot better. Doing 94 hours from March to now isn't a lot TBH. I played 90 hours of Freelancer in 2 weeks..

10. inklimited

inklimited Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6850 900MHz
    It's not bad bad, just average.

That's just my point really. You claim the choppers are over powered, yet you don't really know anything about them nor have you simply learned how to avoid them and take them out.

It ain't like other BFs where any unit other than a medic was a sure kill because the weapons were so inadequate for anything other than an emergency. All units have an equal chance, there's no engineers stranded because they don't have a tank within 2 meters or snipers getting screwed because they didn't sit 6 miles away from the action.

Much tighter gameplay that you haven't embraced, you just avoided. :/

Then you pop up and claim to be an expert and endow us with your wisdom, where you haven't even attempted to master a single part of the game. That's what ticks people off.

11. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    I was a hardcore BF2 player for a long time, and I like Bad Company 2 better. They fixed a lot of the stupid things. Air units are nowhere near as overpowered in BC2 compared to BF2. In fact, they're quite weak all things considered. It's pretty easy to kill one with a regular tank cannon.

Also my favorite improvement, no more grenade spam. Karkand in BF2 was literally the biggest grenade spam fest of all time. And no, noob tubing isn't an issue. I rarely get killed by them (or even use them for that matter).

Sure, less players is kind of lame, but in a way it's fine because the maps aren't gigantic.

12. Reclusive781

GPU:
    RX 7800 XT

How's your performance in the game anyway? I happen to have the same CPU as you and I was thinking about getting a 6870.

**EDIT**

its an overclocked 955 but basically the same thing.

13. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    To balance out the gameplay I think they need to limit some things. For example, I still think the medic has too much firepower. To fix that they could just limit the starting ammo of the primary weapon, then it would force the medic to use the side arm while they look for a new weapon or resupply. Just look at other types of games, priests/healers are usually weak and are just supporting characters. In BC2 its like a last boss that spawns little minions. The sniper class seems fine because they actually do run out of primary ammo fairly quickly.

14. inklimited

inklimited Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6850 900MHz
    How is a medic supposed to revive and support troops with a tiny little magazine? If anything, nerf the hipfire for LMGs even further.

Personally, I think the game is flippin' perfect the way it is, except for one little detail. Every weapon has pros and cons, yet the CG still has the greatest damage, the flattest trajectory, the fastest projectile and a quicker scope than the M95. Just one con would be nice.

There are other anomalies within the game, such as the "perfect 2 round burst" of the 94. I reckon that gun could have a little more recoil or something.

A few of the buffs in the last patches really brought everything together. The F2000 is no longer useless, the AT4 can be used to take out a chopper so it's not so damn dominant, the chopper can drop flares quicker to stop the entire army spammin' tags at you.

15. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    Hell, I dont know, I just feel overpowered when I play medic. Taking a few people out without having to reload. Sometimes I just use shotgun to balance it out.

16. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    The game plays butter smooth for me (Both normal and Vietnam). I play maxed with 4XAA at 1920X1080. I never bothered to measure actual fps but I know just from looking that I rarely drop below 60.

17. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    ASUS GTX460 800/1600/4000
    You're an idiot!

nuff said...

18. weston

weston Guest

GPU:
    GTX 275
    The battlefield series are the only ~realistic games i've played consistently over the years.

CoD is up and down, MW1 was good, then they added a party system which I liked, but took out everything else I liked about that game, and called it MW2. Black Ops is even more disjointed as a campaign, and has the same old twitch shooting multiplayer.

BC2 is fun. You have a game with fairly large battles with 32 player, not much lag, no overly common hacks, and an upgrade progression that is rewarding without ruining the balance. They took out some features from BF2, but it's not supposed to be BF3.

Off to play some BC2 right now actually!

If you are having lag problems i feel bad for you son, i got 99 problems but a glitch ain't one.

19. PHJF

PHJF Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 970
    Bought Bad Company 2 for $7 on the Steam sale. Nine out of ten games I join will disconnect me within 120 seconds. Suspected it was punkbuster (punkbuster has caused problems for me in virtually every game that's used it). Updated punkbuster. D/C in first game I join.

And here I thought a year would have been enough time to fix the game, but I should know better from a DICE/EA product.

20. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    [​IMG]

Btw, your chart is bad, HATEBOY. :)