so how does crysis 2 demo run on ati drivers?

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by robotman, Mar 1, 2011.

1. slick3

slick3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    Did you try meditating ... ? It does help a bit.
    Anyway, lets wait for the final version to draw any conclusions. Although i do agree a bit, they made the console version first then made it fit the PC, they should've made the PC version first THEN make it fit the consoles

2. Dragontorc

Dragontorc Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX Titan
    When i ever i put vsync on in a game i get mouse drift and games feel unresponsive, why is that.

Can the motion blur be removed?

3. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 5600XT G. MX
    Yeah, VSync can cause input delay. But most of the time can be fixed with triplebufferirng.

About the motion blur, i don't know.
    I saw a command for it earlier in this thread, but didn't bother.

4. KodY

KodY Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 280X Vapor-X
    add
    +r_MotionBlur=0
    to the command line

5. tyRant.594

tyRant.594 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI R9 280x
    This game runs very smooth.. and looks great. I dont know what the fuss is. I really think it running smooth and still looking awesome with dx9 in the demo is amazing. Crysis 1 was not even this fun, and the mp for the first crysis sucked big time. I am running the 10.10 drivers havent had issues, so I never upgraded.

6. BlackZero

BlackZero Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX Vega
    It's because of your dual core cpu, disabling two cores has the same effect for me.

7. flow

flow Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF RTX3080 oc
    Lol, I run this game fine with a dual core. Granted, at gamer settings.
    The game is fine, just not outstanding.
    Weapons feel good too, movement is a bit jumpy at times, mouse feels fine.
    I suppose a real "team deathmatch" with more players would do justice to this mp demo.

8. Danny Nissan

Danny Nissan Active Member

GPU:
    Radeon HD 4890 1GB
    Mouse feels horrible to me. I canceled my pre-order ONLY because of the mouse controls.

9. BENtayan89

BENtayan89 Active Member

GPU:
    ATI Sapphire 5770 Vapor-X
    u got higher clocks and faster gpu dude

10. PurpleFish

PurpleFish Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX GTX260 c216 @ 780core
    Runs well at maximum settings on Nvidia card

However I am not at all impressed it looks like a cross between UT2004 and F.E.A.R.

Not what I was hoping for after the original:(

11. Legendary_Agent

Legendary_Agent Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus HD7970 DirectCU II
    the shading and gameplay quality of crysis 2 actually are alot better than crysis 1, im impressed i tough this was going to be even worse than crysis 1 and crysis 1 was crap in everything but graphics and collision.

12. Major Melchett

Major Melchett Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 280X @ 1100/1500
    You can change the FOV, there is an app about that does it (seen it on the steam forums, should have been in the options though) and DX11 will be put in the full game.

With regards to the ADS and crouch toggle, you can actully do it ingame already, you go into the options menu while your in a server and it's selectabele in there (why they didn't just put it in the standard options is a mystery).
    ---
    The game runs fantastic on my system, not sure what my framerate is (can't be bothered to check :D) but it feels smooth as butter on hardcore @ 1080p (here's hoping BF3 runs just as smooth maxed :D).
    ---
    The demo really put me off buying the game, i was really looking forward to it and have had it pre-ordered for months, after the demo i canceled it. I'll most likely buy it when it goes cheap to play the SP but there is no way i would pay full price for it they way it currently is.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2011
  13. Legendary_Agent

Legendary_Agent Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus HD7970 DirectCU II
    anyone knows a way to disable AA in the demo?

14. pogostickio

pogostickio Master Guru

GPU:
    Hallryu's HIS 5850 GPU
    ATI 11.2 running at 1920x1080 Hardcore IQ @ 32fps. No jitters, very smooth. The only downisde is like the first Crysis game it still produces the highest temps. I've never seen it reach 78c before. But that's partly due to installing a later version of ATI Tray Tools where the ability to manally configure specific fan speeds at certain temps is removed. At least my pc is quieter when I game. :) I need to clean the dust out though.