Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2 Announced (Powered by CryENGINE 3)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by blesner, May 12, 2011.

1. andressergio

andressergio Master Guru

GPU:
    GALAX GTX 1080Ti HOF SLI
    guys can you tell me what flags for SLI ??? im runing 311.06 due to Tomb Raider Tesselation problem so my profiles are not updated

the game is using only one GPU and on inspector i have the profile but no flags

thanks in advance !!!
    Sergio

2. Csokis

Csokis Member Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1650 S
  3. prodigalson1

prodigalson1 Active Member

GPU:
    3 x gtx titan
    0x000040F5 (Need for Speed: Most Wanted, Crysis 3)

put in dx11

4. Johnny5srv

Johnny5srv Master Guru

GPU:
    nvidia SLI gtx670 2GB
    It looks decent enough in some areas where as in others it leaves a lot to be desired. I don't see a dx11 patch doing much unless it includes higher resolution textures. The game feels more like a large and polished user created mod than it does a full game. I guess the price reflects this. Actually, all of the Sniper games feel like this.

5. painter

painter Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    Ah, what a shame.. I was looking forward to this, but based on what I've seen I'll pass for now. I may grab it when its on sale for a fiver or so.

Its not really fair to compare it to Crytek's output, even if it is on the same engine, as the budgets don't compare, but I think I was expecting something closer than whats being offered here... maybe if the gameplay was outstanding you could forgive it, but none of it seems to stack-up.

6. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRYX RX 580
    mate city interactive isn't crytek on every level, so that's why u see the game looking like this graphically speaking, end of story.

7. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Yeah.
    Just because they use the same engine doesn't mean they are both using the exact same build, or have the same knowledge of the engine.

It's like when Epic released Gears of War, there were other studios releasing UE3 games at the time... but none looked anywhere near as good as Gears.
    it only makes sense that the guys who create the tech will be able to deliver a much better use of the tech.

And really, after the first Sniper: Ghost Warrior, I'm more surprised people are all shocked about how this one looks and has turned out.
    It's not like City Interactive made such a huge impression with the first game.
    But, so many got all excited when they announced they were using CryEngine 3. As if that alone would fix every issue from the first game.

8. chuuey

chuuey Guest

so this game is DX9 for now? Cheers

9. andressergio

andressergio Master Guru

GPU:
    GALAX GTX 1080Ti HOF SLI
    thank you very much mate

*i did but it doesnt work...i put ONLY in DX11 and uses 1 GPU and on 2 i get 29FPS

[​IMG]

what i did wrong ?

i also tried

SLI Compatibility bits (DX1x): 0x000040F5 (Need for Speed: Most Wanted, Crysis 3)

SLI Compatibility bits: 0x02506405 (Crysis, ArmA 2: Operation Arrowhead, Take-on helicopters, ArmA 3, ArmA 2, Crysis 2, Crysis 3, Crysis: Warhead, Merchants of Brooklyn, Nexuiz, OCCT)

and flickers as hell

Last edited: Mar 14, 2013
  10. andressergio

andressergio Master Guru

GPU:
    GALAX GTX 1080Ti HOF SLI

11. prodigalson1

prodigalson1 Active Member

GPU:
    3 x gtx titan
  12. painter

painter Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    Any screenies from other locations in the game?... seen loads from the opening level, so it would be good to see how it looks later on, in some different environments.

13. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    The second level is night based and the green night vision isn't that fun to look at, I'll take a few more images when I clear that level.

14. painter

painter Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    Great, thanks :)

15. Shabaco

Shabaco Master Guru

GPU:
    -
    tomb raider is just quick time events and cut scenes.

16. Ade 1

Ade 1 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 690
    You've obviously played a different TR to me then. That really is a poor summary of the game.

17. Shabaco

Shabaco Master Guru

GPU:
    -
    it's not a good game, just another dumbed down console game ported to the pc, made for todays audience.

18. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    2070 subpar RTX OFF
    Low definition ugly SOB vs High definition ugly SOB

I haven't play C3 but I find Pyscho's face highly annoying. Maybe I'll get the game just to place 1,000 of him in the editor surrounded by 1,000 explosive barrels and blow them all to hell. :)

19. N1GhTW4lK3R

N1GhTW4lK3R Master Guru

GPU:
    SLI 980Ti
    This game is a total crap!

20. TerrorFirmer

TerrorFirmer Member

GPU:
    GTX980 Strix
    I have a problem with this game - I can only run in 1440x900, otherwise the memory usage exceeds 1GB and I get crappy 25-35 framerate. Doesn't matter if I use very high or low settings, I still only get the exact same frames at 1920 and 1680 resolutions.....so I have to play at 1440x900 high/very high to get 40-60fps. Any ideas why, surely this game isn't THAT much of a memory hog...what res are other people playing at? I have 7770 crossfire so the game should run great.