Sniper Elite V.3

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by JonasBeckman, Mar 14, 2013.

1. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    @He who fights for the user:
    Apparently a patch for Mantle will be released later... so probably after the game has gone on sale for 5 bucks in the winter steam sale.

2. Sinji

Sinji Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 980ti Hybrid
    I think so too. But what if Rebellion is not the evil entity that the blog claims they are. Why would Rebellion risk it and shoot themselves in the foot with this?

How can this reseller claim it so wholeheartedly without hard evidence to back it up? Its all speculation.

An investigation would yield clear answers because there must be a way to trace the affected keys back to whoever the resellers bought it from. If it's bought directly from an official distributor partnered with Rebellion, then that would be hard evidence.

Untill then, like I said, take it with grain of salt.

3. antonyfrn

antonyfrn Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4070 SUPER
    Was reading this morning on facebook large number of keys got revoked. kinda pleased now I didn't pick it up just yet anyone know what places have been effected or just random.

4. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Most of the third party key resellers seem affected, some also say that Amazon, GreenManGaming and so on (Gamersgate?) were affected but those are in close relation with Steam so it's possibly a mistake somewhere since it only affected some keys from those sites instead of all.

5. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I got my disc copy from ShopTo.net this morning and was able to install and play it for three hours. Fingers crossed, it stays that way!

Still annoyed that I have had my £15 SimplyCDKeys copy removed from Steam though...there are some people saying that Rebellion did it because sales of the Steam £40 version where low and most people registering the keys had bought them from third-parties who were selling it much cheaper. By revoking the keys they were forcing people to buy it on Steam or authorised sellers like GreenManGaming who weren't selling it for £15.

Obviously, there's no proof that is what has happened but it seems deeply suspicious to me that a reputable seller like SimplyGames, who've I've been using for over a year now with no issues, would buy dodgy keys from someone who wasn't their normal supplier. I'm sure the trurth will eventually come out and it can't be very publicity for Rebellion or Sniper Elite 3.

6. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Super
    I just bought the game again from G2A this morning, it's still not removed so i'm hoping it's all good.

7. Radikalman

Radikalman Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 4GB / OC
    Wow this is great, I was a bit hesitant at first seeing as I wasn't a big fan of v2 but I've had a blast with this so far and the performance is great to boot. I might actually get the season pass for the one.

8. DirtyDan

DirtyDan Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 FTW 4GB
    What the hell are the obscurance fields?

9. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    How's the game performance? not sure if it utilize 120hz or not, FPS seems to be a bit weird and i get black lines aka artifacts from time to time, the ONLY game that happens. with or without oc... GTX 780 users share ur XP

10. Gian_om

Gian_om Guest

GPU:
    gtx 560 Ti 2Gb
    hi, i wanna buy the game, do you think it is safe to buy on g2a.com?

11. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Screen-space ambient obscurance perhaps? I could not find anything specific about what it was but it's enabled on Ultra or maybe even the High preset so it has to be something a bit more taxing.
    https://www.google.co.uk/?gws_rd=ssl#q=obscurance+fields

12. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Super
    Yea it's safe, bought it yesterday from them, and it hasn't been removed sinds.

13. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Why are those gramophones bleeding?

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 29, 2014
  14. DarkKnightDude

DarkKnightDude Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX770 4 GB OC
    Its an easter egg!

:p

15. krisby

krisby Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970
    I've got a GTX 770, but I run 60hz and everything maxed, and it runs as smooth as a Guinness extra cold.

16. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    u need to change ur details, i still see 7950 :D

Do u use Supersampling?

17. villa_youth

villa_youth Master Guru

GPU:
    780 Ti
    Hmm.......Guinness extra cold :beer:

18. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Right through the lens, read a topic on the Steam forums yesterday about if this was doable or not but it turns out you can actually do it.

19. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    The game is buggy but not fatally so thankfully as I've not encountered any crashes so far. I had a slow-mo killcam shot where a splat of blood came out if my character's gun at one point (and no I had not been shot)!

20. krisby

krisby Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970
    set to 16x Q CSAA and FXAA off.

I'm not sure if SS is enabled, haven't got nvidia inspector installed to check it. I might do it later, but the wife is dragging me out now.