Sniper Elite V.3

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by JonasBeckman, Mar 14, 2013.

1. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    From what I read Rebellion had keys revoked from a lot of sources so possibly even legitimate retailers could have been affect, maybe everything aside from those that have direct contact with Steam where revoked?
    (GreenManGaming and Gamersgate for instance.)

2. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Super
    I'm already glad i'll get my money back.

Probably won't buy the game again if i'm forced to get it from Steam Store.
    I'll get it later when it's sorted and on sale.

3. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    They offered an explanation

http://steamcommunity.com/app/238090/discussions/0/540744936577983546/

4. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    What I would like to know is why if what Rebellion say on Steam is true, that a bunch of keys were stolen and resold to various companies, why a reputable UK games e-tailer like SimplyGames would buy them from an obviously shady/dodgy source in the first place? They would obviously not be their normal supplier.

5. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Super
    Yea i don't know about this.

6. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    There is a blog at a key site claiming Rebellion did this on purpose to force full retail purchases and the whole thing is a scam on their parts against re-sellers undercutting retail prices.

Not sure on Gurus stance on posting URLs to key sites so I'll side with caution and not post it.

7. mkeezay29

mkeezay29 Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 760 4GB
    That wouldn't surprise me a bit, but if the keys were indeed stolen I understand why this was done, I would like them to clarify how this set of keys was even noticed as stolen keys, do they keep a text log of keys and one day noticed a page was missing, it just doesn't make sense to me how they would know what keys were distributed illegally.

8. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    If you read the Steam thread I posted CJS-CD-Keys reps are in there white knighting themselves and giving "explainations"

Here is his "theory"

Not taking sides on either but interesting to sift through the mud slinging

9. BladeRunner

BladeRunner Guest

GPU:
    Asus 1080Ti STRIX
    I knew it. Rebellion are a bunch of greedy idiots, well Rebellion, you dont get no 40, 20 or even 10 quid from me, but I do get to play your game which is a re-hash of V2 with an SP3 engine for free, serves you right.

10. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Interesting blog post here from one of the guys at CJS

Quote:
    One of the biggest scams to hit the game industry is unfolding as I type this article. You may already be aware of it. Thousands, if not hundreds of thousands of Sniper Elite Steam 3 CD Keys have been Illegally revoked and de-activated, by the game’s own developer, Rebellion. CJS CD Keys are lucky enough that we have not been affected by this problem. If we ever are, we will always provide customers with a full refund or a fully working key, but so far, so good. What’s not okay though, is that Rebellion appears to be trying to frame innocent retailers for their own doings, but we seek to find out the truth about the goings on.

CJS explanation.
    http://www.cjs-cdkeys.com/blog/

11. Supersourav99

Supersourav99 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 270X 4G GDDR5
    Rebellion OMG :(

12. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Oh my god... a rumor about a developer doing something shady...

Sorry, but, I expect shady crap from developers so I'm not really surprised. And, I'm also not going to instantly believe a blog from a key site just because they point a finger at someone.

13. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    After looking into things a bit more.. They key site was being a tad too offensive, and also overly defensive.. And they were ONLY site actively white knighting themselves and pointing fingers on the Steam Community thread.

The major red flag for me on that blog was the number they pulled out of the air.. Thousands, to Hundreds of Thousands of keys revoked they said.. Yet... The main thread on the steam community for the revoked key situation only has (checking) 374 posts as of writing this. So take away all the people posting more than once, all the people who posted who didn't even have a problem.. Out of 374 posts I'm guess maybe 50 actually had a problem. The other red flag.. No one is covering the revoked key problem.. You know as well as I do if their is a click bait headline worth running with they will. For no major gaming site to cover this "scam".. Yeah.. Because there isn't any validity to it.

14. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Amazon was affected also, fellas on Overclock.net have posted about it.

I dont get it though, how come they only just found out about stolen keys. Surely Amazon would have been smart enough to only buy from trusted sources and if not, then im sure they would atleast inform the developers of who they bought them from as Amazon loses out on sales for a product they have already paid for in bulk.

This to me seems more like a developer not wanting people to pay anything less than the steam price.

Either way, i wouldnt pay more than $15-$20 for this. Its no more than a Horde Mode standalone.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2014
  15. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    A batch of keys were stolen and are being deactivated. Too bad for the customers of shady key sites.

16. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Amazon was affected also, cant say amazon is shady.

I mean really, of all the games to have their steam keys 'stolen', why this game, why not Watch Dogs, BF4, Wolf. Why go to effort to steal keys for a game like this.

Shady Developer more like it.

17. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Sniper V2 was a lot of fun, I could never get into the Zombie mode they released after. But I enjoyed V2.
    So, I'm interested in V3... but, not at full price. And that's not a dig at the game's quality, I'm just cheap.

18. Sinji

Sinji Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 980ti Hybrid
    The blog quotes angry and disgruntled customers as evidence for the 'fraud'. Like Wtf? Grasping at straws at its finest.

I'm not saying Rebellion is innocent. Just take it with a grain of salt and take in consideration what the interests are when a side makes a statement. The stolen keys incident is bad for their bottom line because it will deter customers from buying from these sites. The easiest thing is to just point at the developer as the scapegoat.

19. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Instead of disaling the keys, they should of gone after the supposed thief as the disabling of keys has done nothing but hurt the customer and then in turn, the developer.

Right now, most people are weighing up how many times they've been burnt by a CDkey site vs how many times they've been burnt by a developer.

I can honestly say it'll be the later.

20. TR2N

TR2N Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD
    Does this game use AMD mantle?
    Also what visual differences are there with mantle compared to nvidia?