Smoking Weed/ your thoughts?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by airbud7, Feb 22, 2017.

1. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    Governments are voted on by the entire population. If a government is put in place by a vote, then yes - we have to abide by whatever rules the government enforces, because that is why they are there. If you want to change the laws, vote for someone else or stand to be elected to change laws yourself. Use the system against 'them'.

This is (part) of my point. You want to change the law to enforce the usage of a toxin. If someone (me, as an example) tries to steal your 'weed' and destroy it, so other citizens do not get exposed to the toxin: you fully expect and can demand that law enforcement come after me.

The other part of my point is related to pharmaceuticals and 'medicinal' use of 'weed' through self-medication. This is not something I can agree with, because if there is an aliment which can be treated with any of the active ingredients of 'weed', then there are drugs which a doctor can perscribe. If there is not, again: let's get the research done! If you follow that olive branch, what I am saying is: if a Doctor can prescribe it, I'll stand next to you and march onwards to get the research done so a Doctor can help people.

What I can't do, is agree there 'might be benefits' to something when the research contradicts the evidence. And just because there 'might be benefits', that the law should be changed so people can get access to a toxin, even if they are not sick. Surely, you can agree or take half a step in my direction to at least acknowledge some people will use the efforts to help those who need it, just so they can obtain an intoxicating drug?

Is it too much of a leap for you to even see that is a potential outcome? Precisely, that some people will just plain LIE to get access to 'weed'? Even though they are not sick, yet the law was changed to accommodate those who are? Am I really being blind to some other reason here?

Then, you need your eyes testing because people that are globally and collectively smarter than the entirety of this forum, building on the research and development spanning centuries; agree with me.

You are not disagreeing with me, but scientific fact (with regards to pharma) and established sociological rules and regulations (regarding governance), which some people (perhaps you, perhaps not, don't know) believe should be enforced against me when it suits them, but not enforced against them when it suits society.

Making change is hard. If you want things to change, you gotta have you ship in order and be prepared to debate against the population, not the government or some conspiratorial shadowy, nameless figure that doesn't exist.

2. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    Then we are in disagreement, nothing more.

• I will not vote for the law to change until evidence can prove otherwise that by changing the law, people will use it to intoxicate themselves.
    • I will vote and fully support the medical industry to create drugs and conduct research to help people.
    I think that my position is fairly clear, but if I need to draw an analogy to further explain something to someone who does not understand my position, I reserve the right to do so without recourse.

Anything else I need to put succinctly for you?

3. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    LOL! Well, "genius", I'm glad you're so concerned that you're making these HUGE strides in your belief by essentially doing nothing but arguing with strangers on the internet.

Weed doesn't make people stupid. Stupid people have access to weed like anyone else. Thanks for reminding me of that with your dim-witted response.

4. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    tomorrow is 4/20.....:D

5. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Myself and others have succinctly identified you as a warning to others. But it is nice that you repeatedly validate that warning. Is that succinct enough for you?

6. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Happy 4-20 all that celebrate it... blaze it up ;)

7. stevevnicks

stevevnicks Guest

GPU:
    Don't need one

Well that dose sum it up for me as well, I've smoked weed for over 30 years, the few times I have stopped smoking it, for around a couple of months or so each time, after about a week I start wondering why I smoked it for so long and glad I stopped, but after a couple of months, you know how it can be, all my mates still chuff'n and due to my sense of smell and taste being better, I cant help myself lol and end up enjoying a good old smoke.

At the end of the day it's easy to slip into being stoned all day everyday if you have nothing else to do.

As long as you can keep your self busy and leave the weed until evening time can't see what the issue is with weed.

If you have nothing to do all day it's easy to just stay stoned because it helps the mundane day pass, but it can then become a slippery slop of just being totally wasted and can't be bothered to do anything anyway.

So really it's like everything, it's ok in moderation

If your stoned all day everyday to the point you just can't be arsed, then your either rich, a dealer or grower lol

8. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    Warning others about someone purely because you disagree with them is a warning in itself.

So "yes".

Being the bigger man is easy for me. I do try, I really really do, to explain my logical reasoning, but if it (ultimately) conflicts with someone else's personal view on the universe; what is a brother to do?

^^That was what the OP asked, I gave reasoning and backed it up with medical facts and lent that to a logical outcome. Yet, because it conflicts with you - somehow I am in the wrong...

• I will not vote for the law to change until evidence can prove otherwise that by changing the law, people will use it to intoxicate themselves.
    • I will vote and fully support the medical industry to create drugs and conduct research to help people.

9. stevevnicks

stevevnicks Guest

GPU:
    Don't need one
    Even though I have smoke weed for so long I will say I wouldn't want my daughter to start smoking tobacco let alone weed.

The only real credible reason I would like to see weed legal is to take control of where and on what the money is being used for by criminal gangs

Last edited: Apr 20, 2017
  10. JaxMacFL

JaxMacFL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 4090 OC
    You all miss the big picture....it all boils down to which corporation has the most political pull to get in position to grab the distribution rights. $$$$$$$$$

Everyone knows it is a matter of time before it is a recreational pastime. I would put my money on a alcohol production company, (or donut bakery).

11. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8

Agree 100%.......but my daughter just turned 20 and she can get better weed than me....what do I do?...

:D

12. stevevnicks

stevevnicks Guest

GPU:
    Don't need one
    Remind her there are better things in life although just hope she doesn't ask what they are lol

No but really just remind her not to take smoking for granted and if your honest to yourself sum up if getting stoned is hold you back from doing anything, if it is then it's a personal signal to cut back on how much/often you get stoned, don't give yourself a reason to get stoned because your always be stoned and get nowhere fast lol

13. velho

velho Member

GPU:
    GTX660 2GB
    Just recently stopped smoking for a while, used to smoke 3-4 years almost daily basis. Now a couple of weeks without and it ain't that bad, a couple of sleepless nights. Feels kinda good to be "sober", tho I thought I had stupid thoughts when high, but seriously.. This is even worse! :)

14. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    thanks steve^....shes cool as heck!/ Lol she lives with me and its fun now that shes older and we can joke about things now...she so pretty these young bucks on g3d would go crazy...

15. stevevnicks

stevevnicks Guest

GPU:
    Don't need one
    I warned my daughter to stay away from boys who take any drugs, although I can't control her I can only advise her, I want my daughter to do the best she can as do most parents, my fear is she meets some little sh!t bag that could get her on hard drugs, and that will be the day I get lock up for murder, I can only hope she never takes any drugs although if she did smoke weed I could live with that as long as its nothing more than weed or real hash and it doesn't hold her back from getting on in life.

16. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    yea^ I used to worry about stuff like that but life in this area is mostly country folk and a true hardcore dope head would get run out of town fast.

We do love our drink and good weed every now and then though and if anyone don't like that well they can kiss my redneck a**...

17. Alpha Prime

Alpha Prime Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1070 Turbo Dual fan
    I have a doctor buddy. told me about the weed plant :p it makes you insane. literally. you end up on a talk show with no life. and a string of attachments you cant explain for except to be so off your face you literally cease to function. you should stick to things like short wave radio for a buzz. if you don't want to end up and the end of your ropes. with no where to go. but over the edge. anyway. you obviously didn't start this thread to encourage this kind of behavior. so i finished it. :p

Boy have I don't a lot of pot in my youth. I smoked it at school on the bus and in the pictures with my friends. I even took it so far as to have a habit of locking out my family and closing out the world in my cocoon just to believe I had a life I could "control". It leads to heroin then ecstacy then ice.

I had a book about a girl who overdosed on ecstacy at a rave. she was my dream boat. all i ever wanted when I was 15 was to die like she did. so i tried everything to make it happen. One night I was in the country and drink9ing with mates at a club house. I decided the bright idea tonight was to mix weed with burbon. watch out that comes next is not fun at all. I was in hospital years later because of memeories i cant account for and a doctors bill i cant afford.

I ended up cutting my wrists last year and stayed in bed for four months waiting for it to end. Im sorry as it just happened this must be disturbing for our readers. I am currently getting councelling from a professional and encouraging all users to GET OUT" as soon as possible. I just feel they should be warned before its too late.

It destroyed my family and killed my heart to admit it. I create music now. And share interests in the art community. and am happily living a better life with people i trust. The future for me was about getting there. but you cant trust the dealer who owes you money for nothing. its not worth it.

For me its serious. but regular users would probably not take this seriously. its easy to live harder to overcome. once you start to love yourself again its already too late. the ships sail. you drown in the sea you tried to drain. and it consumes you never happier after to finally let it go for good. :) secrets from your life become a commodity instead of a passing.

Stay in school. don't have a poison. unless it chooses you instead.

this was not probably the intentions of this thread as it seems I am trying to steal the topic to my post so i must apologize.

i guess. if i did weed again. all of this rant and banter would seem irrelevant. so im probably just full of myself for trying. I cant account for the last 17 years of my life.

its just that my mom was so disappointed in the fact that my life turned from good to bad and i tried to make it worse for her. and can never change that because of how extreme the extremes really are. people actually die because of what i had to do to make it right :|

if i think about the first time i did it. i wasn't even happy. it just made my mind go wild and out of control. I felt "special" and gloated my new murderous mindset that i could "control" time. it just didn't happen like that.

i don't feel like i hate myself at all. but i do hate facing people everyday after. it was easy to let go of because i had "so" much help to do it. Only thing is I am probably going to die from it eventually. weed helps you feel okayish inside. it lets you become more than your capacity allows. but that's the very danger that corrupts peoples and users minds. it can slip away before you know it. you cant have BIG doses. because you are not that smart like a genius and didn't earn the rights to do it. God gets punished for it. unless you "give it back". :p

there is a spiral outside the universe that rotates outwards into oblivion dissipating into nothing. that's like your hopes and dreams fading that you have to recover from over usages. pot is a dealers business. its only a plant. made of magic substances. if you know you are smart don't do it.\

on the other hand. like a game of life. you need to risk it to know that. unless everyone has the bleeding edge of everything life's goals can never be fufilled. you risk it all for nothing and pay it out on a losing horse to encourage death and destruction instead of happiness.

I got caught in a loop i can never escape. because i overdid it. i am lucky to still breathe free air honestly. or even still breathe. all i have left is a BS story no one will ever understand but me.

life becomes a helter skelter towards the end. you befriend your enemies. and encourage bad things. you cant stop the train from rolling which is why i don't encourage drugs of any kind. its the only things i have to share. its my advice. if you do stupid things the people that matter already know it. you cant hide from the police. or even say you are sorry. breaking the law is a bad thing. drugs are illegal. if you want to believe that. its because i nearly died trying to find out with out an education to guide me.

Last edited: May 5, 2017
  18. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    Wow, Just Wow^...Weed did all that to you?

19. TimmyP

TimmyP Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3070
    You have OTHER PROBLEMS. Blaming pot for them is one.

CalculuS, -Tj- and airbud7 like this.
  20. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    This, lol. Its like someone who went blind and blames it on masturbating.

CalculuS, -Tj- and airbud7 like this.