Smoking Weed/ your thoughts?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by airbud7, Feb 22, 2017.

1. Phragmeister

Phragmeister Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB
    Personally, it's my belief that there are some people in high places of society that are so immensely deranged and wicked that it goes beyond greed for them.

Controlling a person's perceptions of the world and what they're truly capable of is worth more to those type of people than money ever can or will.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2019
    SerotoNiN likes this.
  2. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080
    It's a plant. A plant. They have put it in people's heads that a plant is illegal. Something grown organically out of the earth, man has put rules on. It's ridiculous. All said agendas will slowly let go of those rules as long as they start making money off it now. Once it's taxable, it's suddenly harmless, even possibly beneficial.

Phragmeister, dark_surge and airbud7 like this.
  3. airbud7

airbud7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    Bam!...you hit the nail on the head my friend.

SerotoNiN likes this.
  4. SweenJM

SweenJM Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 590 nitro

5. Phragmeister

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB
    The same process will eventually happen with magic mushrooms (psilocybin,) LSD and DMT.

Some footage of the effects of LSD on British marines (1964.)

Regarding DMT (Dimethyltryptamine), there's some speculation that the hallucinogen is produced in the human body, in the lungs, the brain, and the pineal gland, especially during REM sleep and upon death.

Bit of a rabbit hole looking into DMT. It's basically what got me asking questions about the nature of reality.

[​IMG]

"The name of the pineal gland comes from its pinecone-like shape. It is said that the pinecone was revered by ancient pagan people as the fruit (or seed) of the evergreen - a symbol which is connected to ideas of eternal life."

There's extremely little scientific information about the substance since being illegal makes it almost impossible for labs to test it.

In the early 1980's, a man by the name of Dr. Rick Strassman was fortunate enough to acquire funding and permissions to study DMT in a controlled environment. He went on to publish a book - 'DMT - The Spirit Molecule' which documents his work and findings.

Since there's still a lot of red tape around these substances, information is still lacking and slow to materialize. Perhaps someday we'll have more answers as to what these substances are, our relationship to them and how they can benefit humanity.

TekkMarine likes this.
  6. airbud7

airbud7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
  7. Phragmeister

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB
    "New trials have shown the drug psilocybin to be highly effective in treating depression, with Oakland the latest US city to in effect decriminalize it last week. Some researchers say it could become ‘indefensible’ to ignore the evidence – but how would it work as a reliable treatment?"

Source - https://www.theguardian.com/science...sion-aztecs-psilocybin-mental-health-medicine

That's 2 states decriminalized. Legalization to follow, watch this space.

SerotoNiN likes this.
  8. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070 FTW
    It's too easy...there are some things that are plants that can kill you...

Bottom line is this: do you need it? If yes - why?

If it isn't the condition I have got (specifically) then you don't get a prescription for it, and, I don't get bags of the stuff delivered in smokable form. I get a spray for inside my mouth so I can get all of the medicinal benefits without any of the 'highness'.

I may have said this earlier in the post, but I cannot find anything but disgust for those who say it should be legal for medicinal reasons because, well, they wouldn't give two hits about those people: they just want to smoke something and get high, eat Pizza and giggle about.

If they really cared about the medicinal benefits, they would give all of the money they spend on getting high and donate it to medical research to help those afflicted by whatever they think people are affected by.

They are pathetic.

9. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080
    Your anger should be toward big pharma, not stoners.

Phragmeister likes this.
  10. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070 FTW
    Big pharma is providing me with treatment of my condition. Stoners are using my condition to argue getting high.

It's that simple.

11. Phragmeister

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB
    Big pharma companies have been lobbying against the legalization of marijuana since the 1930's, they're not due any praise at all. It's only recently they've had to change their tune because they can't prevent the societal revolution.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2019
    SerotoNiN, cowie and Icanium like this.
  12. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    why bitch at stoners ?
    because you had to wait for them to make a spray?
    they had it for years but you "needed" it but waited for what??
    And you know they can not do med research at all in the states
    don't bitch at stoners for the bs politics involved they did not make all med weed and sprays worth big bucks when it should be a 1us dollar a pound
    it grows easy does not need much care and its more then half the price of gold in my state.
    how the freak is that?
    no one should have to have a med card just make it legal like its chamomile tea or dead nettle
    omg Illinois is not far Vermont mass why is it ok there?
    don't hate the player hate the game

Last edited: Jul 1, 2019
    SerotoNiN, Icanium and airbud7 like this.
  13. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070 FTW
    That link was for lobbying against the 'recreational' usage, not medical research blocking thereof.

14. Icanium

Icanium Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080ti GamX
    Is it not also true that Big pharma is profiting from you condition and Stoners want a cheaper solution for your condition that does not include liver failure and kidney failure.

15. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    For a simpleton it would be. Are you a simpleton? I have no idea what your condition is nor do I care. I would say nobody knows and nobody cares and nobody is using your condition...well whoever you're paying to treat it is. I'm not surprised though that you think it is all about you. I wish just once you would make an argument on this topic that wasn't entirely based on your personal myths and BS. But, from reading the dozens of 'Reefer Madness' type screeching you do, that is never going to happen. I don't know if you're serious or trolling. Certainly, you're not making smart arguments.

16. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070 FTW
    Guys, I live in a country that does not charge its citizens for medical care nor for medicine full stop.

In other words, from some peoples perspectives, I am living the dream - even though for me it's a nightmare.

17. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    the big pharma treatments for cancer are more likely to kill you than the cancer itself.

18. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070 FTW
    What did you major in?

19. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    statistics.

20. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Reallly, out of thin air and no taxes? Or are you telling us you're drain on society and others pay for your care? Come on, at least try. I don't advocate anything except the freedom of choice in this regard. You vacillate between the nanny state and relative anarchy, depending upon your mood and the topic.