Smoking Weed/ your thoughts?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by airbud7, Feb 22, 2017.

1. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070 FTW
    Hemi,

I think there is significant credibility in any argument against any movement which demands capitulation as a result of conflation, causing a weakening of the premise.

In other words, if anyone wants to use it for recreational purposes, they might use the medicinal argument to justify the changing of the law, which has the potential to weaken and therefore harm those who need help.

And, Einstein was paraphrasing Socratic Method for scientific testing through flawed experimentation of flawed supposition through repetition.

I am happy for people to get the help they need after a Doctor prescribes it. I am not happy for self-medication, certainly not if by action, the research and development of drugs is hampered; harming others who need it - versus those who do not.

I am sorry we disagree, but that is all.

cowie and airbud7 like this.
  2. JaxMacFL

JaxMacFL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Jedi Titan XP
    Well said, Loo! Self medication has been in the main stay of generations of families tho. Breaking that tradition will be a accomplishment heralded by pros and cons. Who’s to say the Gov is right just because they say so? Back in the 1940’s tobacco was good for you.

I think everyone should do their own due diligence and make an informed decision on this topic.

Loobyluggs, cowie, Lex Luthor and 2 others like this.
  3. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Again, while slightly more clever, your argument depends upon the arbitrary nature of making A PLANT, illegal to consume. Without the illegality, you have no argument. That isn't a disagreement, that is simply a fact.

Lex Luthor, JaxMacFL and airbud7 like this.
  4. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Self-medicating is natural. I mean, what did we do before we got smart enough to replace the natural substances with analogs that were cheaper to produce and profit from?

5. HK-1

HK-1 Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX460
    yep I agree I know by myself

Lex Luthor and JaxMacFL like this.
  6. Icanium

Icanium Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080ti GamX
    80 years ago the US government made marijuana illegal and forced their partners to comply.
    People researching illegal marijuana find the following.

The history of marijuana’s criminalization is filled with:
    Racism
    Fear
    Protection of Corporate Profits
    Yellow Journalism
    Ignorant, Incompetent, and/or Corrupt Legislators
    Personal Career Advancement and Greed

Google, Harry J. Asslinger (see results for Anslinger), the man behind the war on marijuana.
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/harry-anslinger-the-man-behind-the-marijuana-ban/
    The problem was, there was little scientific evidence that supported Anslinger’s claims. He contacted 30 scientists, according to Hari, and 29 told him cannabis was not a dangerous drug. But it was the theory of the single expert who agreed with him that he presented to the public — cannabis was an evil that should be banned — and the press ran with this sensationalized version.

sykozis#310
    "The US Gov't will never legalize anything that may potentially take money away from the money grubbing medical or pharmaceutical industries... There are too many lobbyists lining the pockets of Congress for it to happen."

When you adjust for correctness only Protection of Corporate Profits and Corrupt Legislators remain.

cowie, HK-1, drandiiski and 2 others like this.
  7. JaxMacFL

JaxMacFL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Jedi Titan XP
    We thrived and procreated. :>)

HK-1 and Lex Luthor like this.
  8. Icanium

Icanium Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080ti GamX
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Some of us were fortunate enough to have medicine men. Now we are the bottom line on someones earnings statement.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2018
    cowie likes this.
  9. Guru01

Guru01 Master Guru

GPU:
    nVIDIA RTX 2080
    Depends on the person; some get paranoid, get into deep thoughts, random thoughts, etc. I would just stick with cigarettes to be honest with you.

10. Icanium

Icanium Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080ti GamX
    Tensai post#217
    “My thoughts? It's for losers and hurts society. Sorry I know I'm gonna get some heat for that but that's my opinion. As for medicinal purposes, it's possible to be of some use.”

Per profile this master guru is from Taiwan. Why does he have these thoughts? Maybe this blog can give some insight to his thoughts.
    .........This is all without mentioning the effectiveness of the United States as an international drug control ambassador. The U.S. tied all sorts of development funds and other economic relations to harsh, U.S. style drug criminalization throughout the 20th century. In many of the countries that we had relationships with, the diplomacy worked, and drugs were portrayed as one of the greatest evils in society.
    https://www.cannalawblog.com/marijuana-policy-in-east-asia/

When I was in elementary school someone can to our school and gave a presentation on the evils of marijuana.
    My thoughts, there are countries whose governments are still high on that Kool-Aid.

11. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Is someone advocating you smoke marijuana or switch from cigs? To be honest with you, have you considered e-cigs? You're needing the nicotine... can you at least consider a less damaging alternative? I advise the same for weed smokers. There are less unhealthy ways of partaking versus smoking... though sometimes less convenient.

Lex Luthor and airbud7 like this.
  12. airbud7

airbud7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    I smoked but never inhaled .....:D

[​IMG]

13. HK-1

HK-1 Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX460
    wants to know as I said before, I smoked for over 40 years and never spent $ 1 to buy marijuana because I had a police officer friend of mine (I still live today at 90 years old) so all I could do was just drive the police station and ask for Dr XYZ, can you fix me a little more of it there? and he promptly called the jailer and screamed hey Joe go get some of the damn herba for my godson ... I can swear it's true but nowadays I do not need it anymore because thanks to God I reached my Zen state and so I'm free from alcohol and marijuana forever ...;):D

14. TekkMarine

TekkMarine Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti GTX SC
    Sad to hear this, I'll admit on a long journey or designated driver i'm guilty of said offence. You're entitled to your opinion, won't argue that driving high is safer than driving sober.

15. JaxMacFL

JaxMacFL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Jedi Titan XP
    Biggy about driving high is the ‘spaced out’ aspect of it. I know one could argue daydreaming is the same. Yes, but not as intense when riding a good buzz. Best to keep it in a safe environment and RIDE THAT BUZZ!!!

16. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    the only things that irks me is the smoking part.There are more ways to introduce the substance into the body, so smoking adds to the whole bad image that marijuana has.

cowie and Loobyluggs like this.
  17. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2070 Super
    I have no measure for ifs or buts when it comes to it, I take insulin, I am prescribed it and part of that is that before I drive I have to take a blood glucose reading to ensure that my blood sugar is stable, I also have to repeat this every two hours on longer journeys, to put that in context when I drove from Redditch to Glasgow I had to stop 4 times to take a BG reading when I could have easily done the journey with a single stop, so the concept that some people believe their illegal non controlled non prescribed drug is just fine to take before climbing behind the wheel of their car, with no measure, no control is something that to put it very simply p*sses me off exceptionally. By all means smoke it in the privacy of your own home but you get behind the wheel of a car under the influence you deserve to have not just the book but the entire library thrown at you.

(Just a side note I know my response seems like it is aimed at you specifically TekkMarine, it isn't it's just the way I have worded it gives that impression.)

CalculuS likes this.
  18. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    What was the topic again...?
    A few more of my thoughts. Regarding DUI, don't smoke and drive. It should be treated the same as drinking...I acknowledge there are still issues with determining what is 'impaired' with the same relative accuracy as alcohol. I've seen people consume large quantities... I mean sit there and blow through a solid gram of Kush in about 10 minutes... and you'd hardly know it while, others get baked on a few hits. Lastly, those that like to walk around stinking like weed are just as bad as those offensive losers who don't shower or use deodorant. Have some common courtesy. :)

cowie and airbud7 like this.
  19. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070 FTW
    No cigar.

I have said many times that I will support research and development in the areas of helping people, that so far has yielded pharmaceuticals that a medical professional can perscribe for aliments. I could cite many plants which if consumed would have detrimental effects to some people, and others which would have devastating effects to all humans. This is why we need the research - to help people, and not to have a rationalising argument co-opted by those who do not need help.

Y'see?

Those who do not need it are the problem. Those that do, are screaming at those people for hampering public opinion, creating a stigma and lessening the chance they can get the help they need.

cowie likes this.
  20. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    Have fun paying a couple of hundred $ each month for your medicine if it's done by the pharma companies. That's the reality with many people that need it for treatment right now. It would be cheaper for somebody needing the medication to just take a trip to a state in the US where it's legal, once a month, than to pay for medical MJ. And I don't think those people scream about how people smoke it for recreation, but at pharma companies making it so expensive.

I've yet to read an interview or hear somebody say they are mad at those smoking for recreational purposes... every interview to that topic I've seen so far pretty much complains about how expensive controlled medical MJ is compared to the black market price you pay when you just get it for "using it like a drug". I'm free to have you prove me wrong, I just never heard of that before tbh.

Oh, and btw, the issue aren't the people smoking it for recreational purposes, but the superficial f*cks that think they can put stigmas on people. That's something that smokers usually do not do. So much for moral implications.

Loobyluggs and cowie like this.