Smoking Weed/ your thoughts?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by airbud7, Feb 22, 2017.

1. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700
    If you need proof that inhaling fumes from something that is burning is hazardous to your health, I'm wondering how you've managed to live long enough to join this forum....

He seems to continue posting here just because he likes to complain...

You chose to post in this thread so the fact that you're receiving alerts due to posts in this thread is entirely on you.

That said, go ahead and put me on ignore. I really don't care. You exercised your right to free speech but want to censor everyone else. To me, that makes anything you have to say beyond this point absolutely worthless. It's not our fault you can't ignore the alerts and move on with your life like a normal, stable human being.

Lex Luthor likes this.
  2. tensai28

tensai28 Maha Guru

GPU:
    2080ti MSI X TRIO
    Yup, put you on ignore as well. I'm not trying to be jerk here and make enemies guys, just trying to get my alert back to normal and it's quite frustrating. I really didn't have any intention on having the discussion going on as long as it did. I kinda thought I could just leave my opinion like the others and go on to other topics and wasn't expecting the pitch fork carrying pro marijuana mob to attack me. All ignores are temporary but will remain until this topic calms down. Hopefully that's not too long. I won't post any further comments, I will just automatically ignore anyone else who quotes me until it stops. Enjoy the rest of your discussion.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2018
  3. TekkMarine

TekkMarine Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti GTX SC
    I advocate it's use for the health benifits, if you would like to know more on how it could help someone with cancer google Rick Simpson's Phoenix Tears.

4. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070 FTW
    Or, you could just take a look at this legal (identical) alternative:

https://www.gwpharm.com/products-pipeline/sativex-delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol-and-cannabidiol

It can be used for Cancer pain, but cannot actually cure it - even though it has the same active ingredients. Ask your Doctor today to write you a prescription if you are unfortunate to have Cancer and seek pain relief.

Also, the drug can be used for other conditions as indicated by the link.

5. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    the last time I looked its was $16k usd a year per user

it still don't fly in the states yet but I heard it will be schedule 2 or 3 if past
    Its strange when you can just put dry flowers in butter and sauté, you have canna butter on the cheap like it should be for a easy growing plant.

I just dislike GW but if it leads to them and other canna big pharma to pay off er I mean contribute to the lawmakers to make cannabis legal well so be it.
    but I don't think they would like it legal for rec. use

6. jaggerwild

jaggerwild Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070 SUP
    I agree that it's ingradients(CDB'S)Can AND SHOULD be available to people who have cancer, and even the smoking of it for pain relief. I also believe some people take it too far, like booz do WTF you want in your own home(and yes far fewer people would die on high ways from weed smokers). You combine weed with booz you have a very potent combination.
    I got neighbors, every day I have to smell them burning(I suppose id not mind as much if they had jobs and didn't stay in bed 24/7). These people do not wash there hair, or wear deodorant, I get some serious smells coming up the vents. I seen a disability check one day in the mail box..............(must be suffering from burnout):rolleyes:.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2018
  7. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2070 Super
    I have no issue with folk smoking weed, what I do have issue with is the folk that absolutely stink of the stuff. I was assisting one our customers in the car park and watched as two guys came out of the store and got in to their car, now the smell was so bad I could smell the stuff half way across the car park and of course I come back in to the store to find the till area, where the guys had been served, stank of the stuff. I swear I was in half a mind to phone the police and report their reg number for driving under the influence.

End of the day it's a class B drug here and I am not going to go in to the yes and nos as to how good or bad it is compared to existing 'legal' drugs but it seems that it is treated by quite a few people as a drug that it's 'just alright to take' to the point that their seems to be no shame in the fact that they are driving around in a car that absolutely stinks of the stuff, to the extent that you can tell where they have walked by the odorous trail of weed that they leave behind them the reality is if you are in a car that stinks of the stuff you ARE driving under the influence and are putting others at risk so deserve everything that gets thrown at you.

CalculuS and jaggerwild like this.
  8. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Dual OC
    I never smelled it on anyone who did not actually have a lit joint in hand. Pot can smell strong but only under certain conditions, ie lingering smoke in a room or vehicle or large open containers of it or growing it into the flowering stage, etc. But never smelled it on anyone as a result of them been smoking it earlier. Unlike alcohol which can easily be smelled on a heavy drinker.

Re class B drug, this is pots stigma. That it has been associated with other drugs. I cannot for the life of me comprehend how it and not alcohol has been classed as a drug. I would trust anyone to drive me stoned than drunk any time of the day. They usually become extra alert and careful when driving.

9. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Dual OC
    There are 'alert preferences' under the alert button. You can opt out instead of ignoring anyone.

10. tensai28

tensai28 Maha Guru

GPU:
    2080ti MSI X TRIO
    Yeah I saw that but doesn't it disable alerts all together? I didn't see any option to disable alerts for a specific thread. Thanks though.
    Once again to everyone while I'm here; I'm not trying to take away your free speech. You are more than welcome to reply to me. I'm just asking that you kindly don't click the quote button when replying so I don't have notifications constantly popping up. Not trying to be a jerk either, but I will put people on ignore who keep quoting me because I don't see another way to stop alerts (site could use a thread block feature). All ignores are temporary until this stops.

11. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 ti
    First off, no need to be a dick. Second, there are various other ways to get cannabis into you like vaping, oils or edibles. The fact you don't know this proves to me you have no clue what you are talking about.

12. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700
    Vaping is only considered "smoking" by the clueless and tobacco company idiots. Edibles, would not be considered smoking either. There's also "waxes". There are also dry herb burners. All of which are safer than rolling in paper and smoking.
    Nope. I don't know anything about smoking "weed". I only view the indoortokers youtube channel because the host is funny and the dabspot youtube channel because the host is hot. Couldn't care less about the products they review. Closest I get to "weed" is using CBD e-liquids, which don't show up in drug tests or affect cognitive response. I also have an ex-wife that is epileptic, so I've done plenty of research on medical applications.

13. Icanium

Icanium Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080ti GamX
    [​IMG]

14. kanej2007

kanej2007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    I think it's fine as long as it's used in moderation, no harm in low usage.

In my case, since I suffer from extreme insomnia, smoking hash only before sleep is the only way to actually knock myself out and get a decent nights sleep, nothing else works...

15. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Strix
    Smoke that Bud (air-bud) lol! Weed in my opinion schould be Legal everywhere in the world it has been proven many times over to be Great for medical purposes/ recreational use.

My personal experience with weed...I do not like it. Why? Well for me it slows everything down and I hate that ( drives me nuts) on the upside it does make me think alot more and I need something like that haha.

16. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2070 Super
    I am by no means an expert on the subject but wouldn't different types of weed have different strengths, after effects and lingering odours, perhaps the variant that folk in this region are getting hold of happens to have a lingering odour? On the other hand I suspect that you have individuals that see it as such an 'alright' drug to be taking that they treat it as they would cigarettes consuming it in such vast amounts that it results in the same lingering after odour that a heavy smoker would have? I dunno I am just guessing like I said no expert but I know enough to know what weed smells like, I have a close friend who used to be an avid fan of the stuff (back in it's class C days) so have had plenty of opportunity to know what it smells like.

Icanium and airbud7 like this.
  17. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070 FTW
    Have you attended a sleep clinic; and what were the results of the test?

18. insp1re2600

insp1re2600 Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI OC H20
    not fan of the smell of it or the need to be smoking it in public, but behind closed doors each to their own.

19. Lex Luthor

Lex Luthor Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060
    Dude, your trolling IMO. You've said and inferred this a few times yet you still post on this thread after saying your done. Are you trying to get reported for trolling? However, I am sorry your location doesn't seem to allow freedom of speech. Now do what alanm told you to do and quit posting to the thread and allow these other folks to have their conversation please!

airbud7 likes this.
  20. Icanium

Icanium Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080ti GamX
    Did you try the button on the right side above the first post on the page that reads: Unwatch Thread?

airbud7 and Lex Luthor like this.