Smoking Weed/ your thoughts?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by airbud7, Feb 22, 2017.

1. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    I dont have one.

2. HK-1

HK-1 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX580 Power Color
    haha Hi dude :), well I smoked weed for more or less 40 years and now I don't need more because I reach a big knowledge about life and nature :p:D

3. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Yeah but, the counter would be someone saying you're a loser and hurting society with your opinions. That's a very strong insult to make and I'm sure you'd care if someone asserted that about you. I personally do not consider myself a loser or hurting society by catching a buzz every once in awhile. What's your view on alcohol which is proven to be far more dangerous and a drain on society?

4. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Yeah, i think you can have an opinion without going out your way and insulting people.

I've heard non gamers say something along the likes of gamers are losers who hurt society, but most of us would just call that an uneducated opinion.

I hate weed though, must of used it 100s of time in my 20's and never enjoyed it once, and since i like a drink as well, i found the two just don't mix and i was either sick or asleep, but i still think it's a much better and safer drug than alcohol.

It's annoying as i think alcohol and sugar are two of the worst things you can put in your body, unfortunately i love both though lol.

Icanium, airbud7 and cowie like this.

5. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    yes I know seat beats and helmets save lives that's why we have seat belt and helmet laws.
    I was being a wise ass with the white guy thing(1 out of 4 are white who they arrest for weed)
    the wheel chair thing
    that's what my biker friends from the late 70's used to say a lot less people on the road at that time you could also drink and drive legal then too lol

Last edited: Mar 22, 2018
    airbud7 and fantaskarsef like this.
  6. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    screw it, he does think that there may be some medical use that right there alone Is more then most prohibitionists.
    plus you never know they might kill him in his country for it its pretty international here in the pub as you know.

x2 post whoopsey that edible is kicking in...nah I am j/k I just spazed

Last edited: Mar 22, 2018
  7. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    But your opinion is based off false information and propaganda.

8. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
  9. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    Yes it is punishable by death if I was to ever try to bring the stuff here. If I ever tried using it, I'd go to jail. Once again was only stating my opinion about it which I thought was the point of this thread. I think I made it pretty clear I didn't want to debate this and already kindly asked that you guys move on without me. 5 alerts from this subject since I woke up. Going to ask again, forget about what I wrote and move on please..or at least please stop quoting me in your replies. Thanks

10. Coolerking

Coolerking Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX5700 XT
    lol..death penalty for using something that is about as harmful as tea or coffee...humans are doomed...meanwhile the big pharma rolls on, with government support of course.

fantaskarsef likes this.

11. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    It actually is more dangerous than tea or coffee......or at least can be, depending on how you partake.

That aside, marijuana has proven medical applications. Both in it's "natural" form and in the extracts from it. One of the extracts, can't remember which one, is a very potent anti-convulsive that is more effective than any legally prescribed drug.

I don't personally do it and I would never do it myself. However, given scientific data that supports it's use for treatment of several diseases or conditions, I don't see what the fuss is about. Legalize it and lets move on.

12. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    No punishment that is more harmful than the behaviour it's supposed to prohibit is a good idea.

That's logic, and it doesn't even need to think about the offense if you see it from that way.

The world we are living in... where you might get long jail time / death penalties (which I'm not a friend of either) for smoking weed, but rape probably lets you get out after less than 15 years.... I bet anybody can see the double standards here, and it's not just like that in a single country, it's all over the f'ing world. That's why I'm looking forward to my next trip to either the Netherlands or Canada.

airbud7 and cowie like this.
  13. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    I smoked all through high school and my early 20's. Then I quit cold turkey to focus on drinking. Was that a good choice? I have no idea. Anyway I think weed should be legal and regulated just like alcohol. I mean hell if America produced and sold it's own weed that would put the Mexican cartel's out of business which is a good thing.

14. CalculuS

CalculuS Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660Ti
    If you didn't want people responding to your opinion you shouldn't have posted it. Free speech is a two-way street.

15. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    Maybe the thread title shouldn't be asking what peoples thoughts are if you don't want people posting their opinions. So much retaliation (although there have been some kind users) just because I am against weed. Get over it already. I have to the right to have this opinion. I've already asked several times nicely to get out of the conversation as well. There's plenty of other users on here to talk to on here for you guys.
    Is there anyway to put a thread on ignore? This is getting ridiculous.

Hmm seems can't put a thread on ignore but users I can. Gonna have to start putting users on ignore if this continues. I did ask nicely several times. Kinda sad I should even have to do this...so I'm asking again, come on guys move on with your discussion already.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2018

16. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Proof please.

17. Coolerking

Coolerking Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX5700 XT
    move on to where?
    your replies to what you have read here suggest a "ill just put my head in the sand " line of thinking, and i am assuming that you WANTED to hear from us, otherwise why post in the first place.
    hell, cell phones and fast food, do you partake in those too?
    Cause they both kill hundreds of people a day.
    You sure can't "ignore" that.

18. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Exactly, pharmaceuticals kill hundreds of thousands a year but I bet he isn't against those. People need to get away from the idea that government knows best. Governments of today are not out for your best interest. They are corrupt to the core and are the biggest threat to mankind.

19. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    I have seen proof but every decade it changes :D
    studies on mice that it will cause cancer and on others it helps you live longer so that's a tough argument.
    I think both on there own are fine in moderation but its the sugar and mocha latte that gets you.

airbud7 likes this.
  20. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    I haven't touched sugar in nearly 3 months. I'm on a **** diet. I'm down nearly 24lbs in 2 months. I haven't weighed myself in a few weeks so I don't know my total loss yet but I can feel the difference all over my body. I feel SO much better. You don't realise what it's doing to you until you break the habit. Only downside is that I need new clothes haha.