Smallest case to fit 2x140mm and 120mm fans

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Goutan, Feb 7, 2018.

1. Goutan

Goutan Master Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti
    Can anyone recommend a case that fits an H115i (2x140mm) and an EVGA 1080ti hybrid (120mm) with clearance for an ROG Maximus IX Hero motherboard? I currently have an HAF X that gets the job done but after years of lugging it around, I'm ready for something newer and smaller. So far, I've only found cases that shave a few inches off of this one.

I don't mind making minor case modifications if necessary (such as drilling new holes), but would prefer something that is already built to mount both. As far as price goes, I'm happy to pay for something that's high quality as long as it isn't above $300.

Thanks!

2. Jamin280672

Jamin280672 Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire RX480 8gb Boost
    How about a Corsair Crystal 460x that's an ATX case, and I very nearly brought one myself, but after seeing how small it was, I wouldn't have been able to get my custom water cooling build into it, went for the bigger 570x instead for myself, but the 460x should fit an AIO quiet easily, its a lot smaller than it looks in the pictures, pretty sure you can mount your AIO in the front of the case.

This guy has that case with the same cooler as you, but ive just had a look at your case, your current one is an eATX case, so its a full tower making it huge, even the 570x would be way smaller if the one below looks a bit of a tight fit to you.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
  3. Goutan

Goutan Master Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti
    I can’t believe I didn’t find this video before - I’ve been thinking about the 460x but couldn’t find anyone demonstrating a build with the cooler installed.

Any idea what kind of temperature changes I can expect with the rad fans as intake instead of exhaust?

4. Jamin280672

Jamin280672 Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire RX480 8gb Boost
    couldn't tell you mate, but the difference would be very minimal, 2oC maybe at the worst, im using a 570X on a Ryzen build, I modified the case to support the GPU vertically and also built the PSU shroud, still quite a small case, just a little bigger than the 460X, I have a 360mm rad at the front pushing through the rad into the case but also have a 240mm rad at the top as exhaust, both front and top will take 140mm fans and rads, im usuing Corsair HD120 fans in mine, heres some picts to give you an idea, and my temps are brilliant, 26oC idle.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 8, 2018

5. Goutan

Goutan Master Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti
    Wow! That’s awesome. My temps are so low right now that it’s overkill so that delta really shouldn’t make a difference. It looks like I’ll be picking up a 460x this weekend. Thanks!

Also, awesome water cooling set up. I wish I was talented enough to build a custom loop like that.