Small form Factor, Smart camera?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography, Home and Portable Electronics' started by Mr.Bigtime, May 21, 2016.

1. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Hello guys. i hope ur Saturday is going well. iam at work right now and it is fine.

I jave DSLR CANON 650 something in the closet. too much for my amateur usage, and too big to carry around.

I also have Samsung Android old something. so slow. so sluggish . i both love it and hate it. it has wifi and 3g. well it has full android system which has facebook instagram or any other kind of app. love it. but it is slow. :(

I am seeking a machine that includes on the go sharing. wifi 3g etc.but not NECESSARY .

An Optic Zoom is LETHAL. i need it.i have S7. camera is fantastic. but it is not hte device iam looking for.

i will use this divece i am looking for , to take images of OBJECTS , nature, MACRO usage.

There doc, what you advice to me?

2. uberdruid

uberdruid Guest

GPU:
    AMD HD 7900
    There are many cameras on the market at the moment that would satisfy your needs. The only thing is that few include a dedicated 3G connection. Most though would include wifi and have the capability to downloading images to your phone to then process and send whichever way you want.

If a Canon EOS 650 is too big to carry around, I would guess that a mirrorless camera that has interchangeable lenses would also offer too much complexity.

Sony have fantastic point and shoots which would have an optical zoom along with Macro mode settings too. Canon have their G16 which is another option. No idea what's on offer from the other manufacturers.

No idea what your budget is either so I'd say, google some point and shoots with wifi or NFC and check to see what compatibility they have with Android.