Small bug (feature?) with overlay editor

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by drallim, May 21, 2020.

1. drallim

drallim New Member

GPU:
    RX 5700
    Using v7.3.0.21735 Beta 4

I've been using hwinfo64 to display various things through RTSS, and with the new 7.3 I thought I'd do away with afterburner since I only used it to control RTSS with hotkeys.

If I run hwinfo first it looks like this. The blue parts and graphs are from the overlay editor, and the grid of numbers from hwinfo. Haven't had time to play with the data sources thing yet. This is how I would like it to look.
    [​IMG]

But if I close both, and run RTSS first, it looks like this:
    [​IMG]

The hwinfo part gets stuffed into one of the layers.

Not sure if this is me doing something wrong or what but I wouldn't normally expect it to behave differently depending on which order things are run in. If I have them run at startup it always looks like the second pic because hwinfo takes much longer to load.

Not a huge problem and easy to workaround but thought I'd report it anyway.

2. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

3. drallim

drallim New Member

GPU:
    RX 5700
    Makes sense, thanks for the link. I did notice it moved around when I changed layer order but didn't think to try an empty layer on top.

It goes into the top layer as you say but I can't seem to get it on the top line, it is always on the second line, like there is a newline character in there or something.
    [​IMG]

Thought it might be a hwinfo thing so I tried capframex as well (only other thing I can think of that uses RTSS), and the same thing happened, the first line in the layer was always blank.

.ovl looks like this when saved (layer 6)
    [​IMG]

I fiddled around a lot, trying different things, but I ran out of ideas.

4. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

There is always newline separating output of two OSD clients.

5. drallim

drallim New Member

GPU:
    RX 5700
    I tried to trick it by setting PositionY=1 to hide the first line off screen. It was not fooled, lol

Looks like I'll have to recreate the grid using the data sources, thanks for the help. I think, I was planning to do that anyway.