Sluggish performance in vista 64bit

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards Intel' started by matty_111, Feb 19, 2008.

1. Psytek

Psytek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x 260 GTX 216 SLI
    Have you tried disabling superfetch and indexing. Turn off your firewall and then try running some intensive programs and games.

2. matty_111

matty_111 Member

GPU:
    Inno3D GTX 275
    edragon: yeah i know that ddr3 will eventually drop in price its just i bought a whole new rig not long ago & couldnt really be bothered saving approx $400, giving the P5E/DQ6 are priced similarly.

psytek: nar havnt tried disabling superfetch&indexing, ill disable em now & see if it makes a diff.. thx for the help!

passionfruit: yeah thats exactly the same type of problem im having atm and its abit annoying but ive disabled firewall, superfetch&indexing which will hopefully make a difference!

Ive uninstalled norton, not using any virus protection atm. only reason i had it on there was because a 90day trial came with the m/b software so i thought id give it a crack considering i havnt used it for a couple of yrs.

3. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA RTX 2070
    yeah..... it's Norton. it'll always be a resource hog. we could have computers the size of a Wii, with 30Ghz CPU's and 20GB of DDR8 running clock for clock with the CPU, and Symantec would STILL find a way to make it feel like you're running on an Apple II.

4. Terrorizor

Terrorizor Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX260 SC
    using norton is stupid.if your that scared of the internet that you need to pay for and use that piece of cr@p to feel safe then more power to ya.but your not any safer. its an illusion of safe that your buying from symnatec.

theres faster, less memory hungry, smaller and more thourough programs out there that are FREE. and probably more vista friendly too.

but then again you only have 2gb of ram,..weak. got no business in vista64 with that physical memory.

5. RandyB

RandyB Banned

GPU:
    HIS HD4870/Samsung2343BWX

Wow! I bought 8gigs of DDR2 for half of that!
    You need 4gigs for Vista64.
    If you're using Norton - get rid of it and get something better.