Slightly lower Fire Strike on a 5960x / 2 x 980 Ti setup?

Discussion in 'Benchmark Mayhem' started by Sethos, Jul 23, 2015.

1. Sethos

Sethos Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Ti Sea Hawk X
    Hey guys,

I've been doing some benchmarks on a different forum, where the measurement is in Fire Strike. I was pretty satisfied with my score until I started looking around, my score seems a few thousand lower than what computers mostly identical to mine achieves? Granted there's a disparity in some of the overclocks but would that really account for almost 4.000 points in some cases?

Here's my score;

[​IMG]

That was on Windows 10 build 10162 with the .49 drivers. I've seen people with same specs, albeit with a larger overclocks achieve 28k+ - Would those overclocks really be responsible for a 4000 point difference?

2. Odellot

Odellot Guest

GPU:
    TUF RTX 4090 FO48U
    I Think your OC is low...Compared to my Score, 4.7ghz @ 1.31v and 980Ti SLI at 1520/7030..Using Windows 10 build 10240 with 353.49 Driver..

Firestrike:

[​IMG]

3. Sethos

Sethos Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Ti Sea Hawk X
    Unfortunately, I have a crap binned 5960x, it'll only do 4.3 rock solid @ 1.3v. Move up to 4.4 and it'll freeze the PC the second I do some Vegas rendering or otherwise utilize all available cores.

However I did mess with the GPUs, I also discovered I was running ShadowPlay with my original benchmark. So I turned up the CPU to 4.4 and added a bit of juice to the GPUs. Also made sure everything in the background was closed.

[​IMG]

So that's already much more respectable, I'd say. So just pushing the CPU and GPU a bit yields some significant gains, more than I imagined.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2015