SLI Mod and 258+ drivers

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Barton C++, Jul 14, 2010.

1. Jonup

Jonup Guest

:stewpid:
    I have a Biostar TF8200+ and a GTS250 and have tested Hybrid SLI 100% stable. It is not worthed!:puke2: G92b does not suck too much power anyways (I have mine 2D underclocked to 250/500) and the integrated GPU adds heat to the northbridge/mofset cooling system. I was exited at first but it's not worthed.

2. bacan

bacan Guest

Well anatolymik claims again that the mod still works even with the latest beta drivers so I think that the best for you guys is to go there (at techpowerup link we put here before) and show him directly.

Meantime you can try this:
    Go to your nvidia control panel - Manage3D settings - Global settings
    Search for Power management mode and change it from Adaptive to Prefer maximum performance

[​IMG]

I saw on several forums people having problems with card's power management if this is set to adaptive with the symptoms similar to first Barton's post.
    (Black screen coming out of nowhere, freezing while gaming and etc.)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2010
  3. Barton C++

Barton C++ Guest

I tested this with 258.96, no change. Games crash to desktop, freeze and to make the collection of problems complete: BSOD :)

4. bacan

bacan Guest

Those symptoms you put there look like some kind of power problem, but is it driver related, gpu related or PSU related only you can find there.

If your SLI is working fine with previous Forceware the solution is simple, install those and wait for better driver than 258.xx. :)

EDIT: Are you sure that your CPU overclock is 100% stable?

5. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Guest

Hey you can tell your mate over at XS that no I don't see the SLI options in ncp, although a couple of weeks ago I managed to get Hybrid power settings to appear.

Can't remember which drivers..may have been the 15's.

Also SLI cert. doesn't appear in Everest with the hack....

Cheers dude.

6. Da{N}ka

Da{N}ka Guest

Don't want to be teaching anything to anyone, but it's a driver related issue, I'm 99% sure.

I've cloned my installation and the BSOD/hang/issue appears only on the installation with the 258 driver.
    The other with 257 never ever hangs.

7. gor1l1a

gor1l1a Guest

So are we expecting that with the release of the whql driver are problems are solved? I'm hopeful! :vader:

8. Barton C++

Barton C++ Guest

Has anyone with SLI Mod/hack/patch tested entering Windows without the "SLI Enabled" option and installed 258 drivers? Or with only one gpu inserted... maybe test after work, usually that kind of hard work requires few ales ;)

edit

lol forgot, already tried that with fresh windows install, didn't help.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2010
  9. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Same here.

10. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Guest

Yeah and it turned my 8300 into a DDR4 256bit 256MB video card. Still couldn't enable SLI tho..

11. Barton C++

Barton C++ Guest

installed 258.96 again, tested
    * uninstalling Flash 10
    * uninstalling VLC 1.1
    * raising MCH/NB volts
    * lowering gpus to standard 576/1242/999 clocks from factory oc 607/1296/1107
    * lowering memory multiplier to 2x (922MHz vs 1152MHz)
    * std memory performance (vs turbo
    * PCI-e 101MHz vs 100MHz (never auto)
    * energy settings in nvcpl to maximum

I could play exactly 30 minutes of L4D before crash, looping sound from game, ctd and few seconds later freeze. I noticed something wasn't 100% while playing, fps went from high 200s to ~50 many times, like gpus busy doing other things than generating L4D pics!!! I bet function MessUpSLIMod();

...hmmm...in Windows control panel energy options: turn off monitor after 30 minutes...I know I should set this to max 5hr and test again..maybe later !

Always (?) when game has CTD and I see desktop, system clock at task bar has stopped, showing time when game started. System clock shows correct time in G15 LCD tho..so, THAT visible desktop must be stored image.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2010
  12. Barton C++

Barton C++ Guest

I'm worried 258 drivers really is an nvidia attempt to destroy the SLI Mod.

Over at nvidia official forum there are same problems described for GTX 295 AND Intel Chipset mobos...
    GTX 295 could(should?) be interpreted as SLI by driver... link http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=174227

One should get a GTX 295 just for giggles and sue nvidia for foul play.... :biggun:

And I was *this* close (shows with stiff upper lip & extended middle finger) of buying SLI GTX 460 1GB ! :stewpid: :p

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2010
  13. Barton C++

Barton C++ Guest

SLI Mod dev team is finally thinking something is wrong with their mod compability with 258 drivers, they're now reported working on it.

EDIT ///

Soz xDev team, the fault seems entirely be on the loosers side..the green team... * sippin' coffee from my "then I LOL'd" jar !*

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2010
  14. anatolymik

anatolymik Guest

Hi friends!
    Let's started i think.
    What versions of SLIPatch did you try with latest drivers?

15. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Hi anatolymik , welcome to Guru3D :).

I have tried version 0.8b (beta) , i did tried with 258.19 ,258.21 nad lates 258.96 , those dont work for me with the SLI Patch 0.8b on windows7 x64bit.

257.15 are working 100% perfect.

Thank you , appreciate your help.

Kind Regards: Chispy.

On this configuration, its my little son gaming PC.

Asus P5Q-Pro Turbo
    Q6600 @ 3.7Ghz
    2x2 DDR2 @ 990 5-5-5-15
    2x 9600GT @ 750/1900/1020 in SLI Mod(0.8b Beta)(working flawlesly with 257.15 Drivers)
    windows 7 x64bit
    Auzentech Forte X-fi 7.1 on G-51 Speakers
    Silverstone OP 1000w

16. anatolymik

anatolymik Guest

Everyone who has problems try to use 0.7 version of slipatch also. after tell me result

17. Da{N}ka

Da{N}ka Guest

So uninstall 08, reinstall 07 and new driver ?

Will do this evening.

18. Barton C++

Barton C++ Guest

0.8b tested with two windows 7 x64 installs, of which one was fresh install. another older also (0.2??? really dont know) with the older install

258.69 and 258.96 give "random" effects.. feels like driver selects from list: BSOD, Black Screen, System Freeze... Everything works in non SLI mode, and GTX295 owners (without the SLI mod ofcourse!) also affected; only those with NON SLI MOBO...

257.15 is OK

GL !

EDIT /// 257.15 regedit, confusing use of "NvControlPanel2" and "RegisteredServers2" ?

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2010
  19. Da{N}ka

Da{N}ka Guest

anatolymik,
    same problems with 258 driver and 07 patch.

20. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I have just tried with a Fresh windows7 x64bit installation.
    Tried 0.07 patch with all the 258 drivers , and the same as the guy posting above me , it bsod ,black screens or system freezes. Problems started with 258 drivers.