Sli Gtx 580 / 690 / Titan , need advices

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by wsarahan, Mar 1, 2013.

1. wsarahan

wsarahan Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga Titan X SLI
    HI guys how are you?

First of all sorry for my poor english

I have 2 GTX 580 SLI here and i`m thinking to sell it to buy or one GTX 690 or a GTX Titan when it releases in Brazil

So i have some questions:

Will i see too much performance improvement with 690 or Titan over my 580 SLI rig? I need to say that i use a 2560x1440 resolution?

And if yes should i get the Titan or 690?

Thanks guys

2. wsarahan

wsarahan Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga Titan X SLI
    Forgot to say that the prices here in Brazil is almost the same for Titan and GTX 690, so this will be not a point to choose wich one should i get

3. Pete J

Pete J Master Guru

GPU:
    Some of those as well
    I wouldn't bother personally. There won't be much of a performance increase at your resolution.

However, if you are desperate to play Crysis 3 at full settings, I'd get a Titan.

4. Penal Stingray

Penal Stingray Banned

GPU:
    GTX 680 Tri-Sli-S27A950
    1 690 Is still faster than titan

5. wsarahan

wsarahan Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga Titan X SLI
    But worth the difference from 580 Sli at 2560x1440 ?

Thanks

6. Dragam

Dragam Banned

GPU:
    Msi gtx 680 sli
    At 1440p youd constantly struggle with the 1,5gb vram og the 580 cards in new games, such as crysis 3...

Im personally gaming at 1440p with 680 sli 2gb versions, and i have to limit the AA to 2tx smaa or 4x msaa at most (though with 4x msaa im actually using ALL the vram on the cards).

In other words, to game at 1440p in the years to come, id get cards with at least 3gb vram.

Im not aware what the current situation is with the microstutter is on 7970 ghz edition in crossfire... but if its gone, id go with that.

7. wsarahan

wsarahan Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga Titan X SLI
    So considering this a Titan that has 6gb of ram for you will be a better choice than 690?

Thanks

8. Penal Stingray

Penal Stingray Banned

GPU:
    GTX 680 Tri-Sli-S27A950
    If your planning to play beyond 1080p resolution u gonna need vram i was monitoring crysis 3 Maxed out with TXAA x2, my memory usage was around 1.6 to 1.7 max yup close to 2 GB already. since crysis 3 is the most demanding game right now 2 gb is still perfectly fine for 1080p resolution which is 690, a 690 will suite you well for a while if you game 1080p resolution.

Now if you game higher than 1080p then you might need a lil bit more vram that's where titan comes in, now if your motherboard only support SLI then 690 would be a good choice cuz later on when 690 gets cheaper get another one and quadsli them, 690 quad sli is faster than Titan Sli. a 690 quad-sli is as fast as titan tri-sli.

Now if you have a mobo that's supports tri-sli then get titan u can tri-sli them later on when they get cheaper and get more vram than 690 quad-sli.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2013
  9. wsarahan

wsarahan Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga Titan X SLI
    I plann to play at 1440p and my MB is a Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H , don`t think it supports 3 way SLI, confirmed?

So what do you think i should do now? Considering that I`ll play 1440p

Thanks

10. Penal Stingray

Penal Stingray Banned

GPU:
    GTX 680 Tri-Sli-S27A950
    get the titan it has more vram and overclock it as far as you can you should be able to reach a stock gtx 690 performance wise. later on u can sli it.

11. wsarahan

wsarahan Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga Titan X SLI
    Thanks for the help :)