SLI gtx 570s, Top card getting ready to boil water

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by soul0reaper, Dec 2, 2012.

1. soul0reaper

soul0reaper Member Guru

GPU:
    Palit GTX 570 Sonic Plat
    I never did any high end gaming since I've setup my sli, but now that I have, my top card is reaching 99+ temps.
    My cards are nearly touching one another as those are the only two pci-e lanes I have to support them. In hindsight I should have gotton a reference card for the top slot as those don't dump air into the case but I'm stuck now :(.

Anyone have any tips for trying to cool the top card? I have tried taping a fan to push some air into the needle thin gap between them while sticking a pencil at the end of the cards to create some airflow(hope that doesn't stress the pci-e slot too much hehehe). It did do the trick somewhat with max temps lowing to 95-96 but still need more. I can't really underclock/volt as rendering games at 1440p is already challenging enough.

I considered getting one of those evaporation cooling fans and just blow air into the side of the pc...but I'd rather not go that far.

2. killer_939

killer_939 Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 7950 @ 1100/1500
    Those cards do put out a fair amount oh heat, your best bet is replacing its cooler. Some graphics coolers are rather cheap i think but i can't help with models because i have never looked into it myself.

3. soul0reaper

soul0reaper Member Guru

GPU:
    Palit GTX 570 Sonic Plat
    I don't think that will help, I'm still limited by the fact my bottom card covers the top one.