Sleeping Dogs - True Crime Reboot

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by The Michael, Feb 8, 2012.

1. MfA

MfA Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1060 6GB
    after digging some settings i finally settled on normal aa and all others are maxed 1080p@40FPS locked.. i may disable hdao for the sake of 45 or 50 fps..

2. Phroster

Phroster Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 4080 RTX
    Thank you, now my game is all smooth and stuff :nerd:

3. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Sorry for the late reply but thanks. :)

4. Uncle Dude

Uncle Dude Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Good to hear - you're welcome. I've played several hours since and things are very smooth now.

5. MfA

MfA Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1060 6GB
    i'm only seeing low gpu usage while driving crazy fast on highway, i guess it's a cpu thing

6. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    Since forcing vsync through D3DOverrider and not in game SD has been as smooth as can be capped at 30fps. I'm more than happy with it now.

7. phoeniks314

phoeniks314 Guest

GPU:
    GTX750
    I am almost at the end of the story, and it's one of the better open world games out there.
    It looks pretty, controls well and is interesting. I'd recommend it to anyone who even slightly enjoyed GTA / Saint's Row.

8. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    Goddamn this game can be good looking when played on Extreme.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Shame I get about 10fps. :wanker:

9. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    It does look great with Extreme QAA which is why I'm using it with a 45 fps framerate limit for silky-smooth performance rather than dropping it down to High QAA and playing at 60 fps (v-synced, of course). 45-60 fps tends to feel the same for me anyway and the game never once dips below 45 fps. It's an absolute joy to play, say, compared with Grand Theft Auto IV.

10. Kodiak33

Kodiak33 Guest

GPU:
    1080ti
    Are you guys playing at 1080P? Thinking about picking this up after I get through with Madden...

11. BamBoozleD

BamBoozleD Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 670 FTW LE Sli
    Got the game from G2Play for $31! Game is fun and addicting, voice acting is great, feels like im watching an action movie. Runs smooth on Everything maxed out cept AA at High instead of Extreme. I am having issues where my video settings wont change and reverts back.

12. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
  13. charliehamster

charliehamster Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX-1070
    I just installed the game on my kids computer and it runs much better compared to mine. They are running a quad core system with only 4gb of ram and a nvidia 275gtx, as opposed to my 8gb ram and 470gtx.

14. INSTG8R

INSTG8R Guest

GPU:
    Nitro+ 5700XT
    Was nice to see it in the Top 15 games on Steam at the moment. Not huge numbers but still shows that the PC version has some teeth.
    I'm loving it and trying my best to stretch it out and not go thru it all in one go. Little side missions, do some races, rob an armoured car, steal a car for Tran. Then do another main mission.

15. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Just started this yesterday, great so far. Love the look of the game which on my glossy monitor looks incredible. Combat for me is inconsistent, at times easy while other times - I dont want to say 'hard' - but rather 'not right'. With certain 'tough' enemies the damn Y or B buttons dont work well and you take a beating almost no matter what you do. Sore hands from working my fingers all over the controller in repeat failed fights at which point I just say fvck it and take a break. There are a few games that test my patience but I hope this doesnt turn out to be one of them.

16. Uncle Dude

Uncle Dude Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    GTX 275 can only run in in DX10, so I don't believe they can use ambient occlusion and other(?) DX11 features.

@alanm - It gets easier once you get your timing down, especially with counters. Also, don't forget to buff before battle. There are three buffs right near your apartment (fridge, vendor in the alley, and massage right around the corner). You can also find statues to learn new moves at the dojo, and health shrines are everywhere to boost your health bar.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2012
  17. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    unfortunately i'm going to pass on this game, a friend got it and despite the nice combat it really felt like a modified version of Just Cause 2 in China.

not a bad game at all, just don't feel like wasting money on this right now, but i will buy it when the price falls. ;)

18. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
  19. charliehamster

charliehamster Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX-1070
    Even with DX11 features turned off, sleeping dogs still performed worse on my 470gtx than the gtx275.

20. RecluSe

RecluSe Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 SC/ACX 2.0
    Peformance is terrible for me when driving. Yet there are people out there with lower specs and don't have a problem.