Sleeping Dogs - True Crime Reboot

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by The Michael, Feb 8, 2012.

1. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Msi Afterburner, Print Screen then dump in paint, fraps. I dont have the game myself but give these a go.

2. charliehamster

charliehamster Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX-1070
    Limiting the framerate has helped a lot but the stuttering is still very noticeable during daytime. Nighttime is smooth and stutter free.

3. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    @ charliehamster - The game itself is 100% smooth for me with the 45 fps frame limiter enabled. Oddly, some of the cutscenes seem less smooth (there's no stuttering but it just doesn't look as smooth as it should do) even though the framerate has never dipped below 45 fps. Since those are non-interactive it doesn't bother me. This is probably the smoothest game I've played in terms of a consistent framerate since RAGE which ran flawlessly at 60 fps on my system.

It's such a shame about the heat though when running with Extreme QAA and a 60 fps framerate. Even at 45 fps GPU1 still hits 75-78 C with GPU2 some 5 C cooler. It has been rather warm in my room though over the weekend, especially Saturday when it was 26-28 C outside.

4. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    You cannot take screenshots reliably with either the Steam overlay, Afterburner or FRAPS v3.5.7 if you're using SLI and the 0x004010F5 (default), 0x084010F5 or 0x0C4010F5 flags (use one of those last two as they double the performance over the default one). FRAPS sometimes works but 90% of the screenshots will come out blank/black.

Xanvast posted the workaround which is to use the Batman Arkham City SLI flag if you want to take screenshots. However, on my system it appeared to work fine, giving the same scaling as 0x084010F5/0x0C4010F5, but as soon as I use the sink in the apartment the framerate tanked to 12 fps and stayed there until I Alt-Tabbed out of the game and back. It doesn't do this with the other flags so the Batman SLI flag is not ideal for this game, at least not if you're using Extreme QAA like I am (it may be fine with Normal or High QAA but I never tried it).

5. Xanvast

Xanvast Guest

GPU:
    Titan X P 3 Way SLI
    Hey Darren, reading your post remembered me that I forgot to tell you that after some tests a couple of nights ago I found the perfect SLI flag (no fps dips but very minor visual bugs rarery) here it is :
    0x080116F5 (Battlefield 3)

6. Uncle Dude

Uncle Dude Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Alright, after MUCH experimentation I have arrived at a pure-smooth gameplay experience.

The surest way to see if you have the dreaded stutter is to walk into a city intersection during a sunny day and spin like an idiot (right stick for us controller noobs). My game would stutter along like mad. If yours does too, try this:

1) Download this borderless windowed gaming utility (or another of your choice) - http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2675769

2) Follow the instructions and start your game.

3) Turn ambient occlusion to normal.

4) Enjoy your pure-smooth gameplay.

For me, both of these steps must be taken. I tried them individually and got improved, but not perfect, results. It's not a matter of framerate, as I never dip below 60, but likely a driver issue which, hopefully, will be addressed by Nvidia once they have some time to work with the game. I have tried 3 sets of drivers, and am currently using the 660ti set.

I played for two hours and nary a stutter. Hopefully this helps some of you. Good luck.

7. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    and also i want to post my TIP here

i started to use HDMI cable instead DVI which was locked my HZ to 119 HZ. and now with HDMI cable im gaming pure 60hz and no problems.

8. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    This game is pretty damn addictive. Played 18 hours already. :D

9. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Super
    I hope someone tweaks this game, and make the car reflections high-res.

Maybe boris works on an ENB for it, sinds its a GTA like game.

10. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I honestly hadn't noticed the reflections but then it isn't something I would look for personally. I did notice that the mirror in the apartment's bathroom not only reflected everything correctly, including the character, but that it wasn't the usual low-resolution one either (like Mafia II for example).

This game is absolutely packed with lovely little details and touches IMO. It has by far the best draw distance of any open world game I've played to date and pop up is minimal, even at high speed, to the extent that I haven't really noticed any.

Compare this game with Saints Row The Third for example, also maxed out, and they're light years apart technically.

11. charliehamster

charliehamster Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX-1070
    I briefly tested the game using your tips and was pleasantly surprised with the results. I will test again later today. Thanx for the tips :thumbup:

Last edited: Aug 20, 2012
  12. Uncle Dude

Uncle Dude Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    ^
    Glad it helped. I played for four hours today and the stutters are gone. Hopefully this problem is rectified by the devs or Nvidia in a future patch/driver. In the meantime, game on!

:banana:

13. AATT

AATT Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080
    am i missing something here?

did a clean install 12.8 today and started the game first time
    ingame mid settings everywhere beside resolution and hd textures

first thing is the gfx fan goes up like crazy and is loud, temp. goes up higher than 70° C and my ingame fps are 17

5850 gfx card and 3.2 quad cpu
    8gb ddr2 1200 ram

this cant be true
    driver crap or game optimization crap, or both
    clean system here and other games work fine

edit
    ssao is normal setting and ssaa too

Last edited: Aug 20, 2012
  14. RecluSe

RecluSe Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 SC/ACX 2.0
    I have huge framerate drops which happens during the day when it's sunny, making it hard for me to enjoy the game. At night time or when it rains it's silky smooth and when I run the in game benchmark my average framerate is 60 with v sync on. I have AA set to Normal and Ambient Acclusion set to normal. Ive tried lowering the settings and the resolution, still no joy.

15. AATT

AATT Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080
    nevermind guys it was the bug with the settings save, i havent noticed it until i read it here after i posted my post above this one

when u press E to save settings in advanced tab and go back with RETURN and then again go back he asks u to save again and if u deny it he will keep the correct settings, weird
    need to enable the steam update again to get the last patch i think

disabled vsync enabled 30fps limit and it was smooth at 30

16. death_samurai

death_samurai Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit 970 GTX jetstream
    great game. Ver 1.4 now.

17. charliehamster

charliehamster Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX-1070

Game has definately some issues,IMO!

only getting around 57% CPU usage and around 54% GPU usage and framerate is not that good TBH!

18. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    Yeah night and day performance are completely backwards. I blame the shadow system.

19. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    The only "stutter" for me is when i enable Extreme AA.

I noticed it a bit in benchmark, but only by rainy day scene.. I didnt play the actual game much, but when i checked the benchmark it looked kinda poor, especially during day time. :p

And that crap 16:9 forced ratio, :( i hate them black bars, why do they force this bull lately? Why can't they make proper resolution ratio?? Or is this upscalling in action again?

This is what i get, crowd at extreme
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 21, 2012
  20. antonyfrn

antonyfrn Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4070 SUPER
    Damn well happy just picked up a key for this for £20 :D