Sleeping Dogs HD?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Jun 14, 2014.

1. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080Ti Ga.X
    The dislikes amount on the video alone says a lot about how people feel for this "definitve" ****. This coupled with the announcement that Triad Wars (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQn4OvRrK0A) instead of being a true Sleeping Dogs sequel, will actually be some sort of MMO, really crushed every sympathy for this franchise.

What a disappointment...seriosusly, what the **** were they thinking? :3eyes:

2. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Im sorry!
    Is triad wars really an mmo?

haha, wtf.

3. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080Ti Ga.X
    They call it an "open world online multiplayer action-adventure strategy(lolwat) video game"... :puke2:

4. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Ahhh, an OMAAS... as opposed to MMO

5. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 2080 Ti OC
    The graphics are bad..Way worse than GTA V(Next-gen version).

6. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Even so, I never once got bored while playing Sleeping Dogs. GTAV... got bored constantly.

7. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Tbf, SD was more condensed than GTA and gtas roots are in the days of messing around in a sandbox type gameplay. SD to me is more of a thirdperson corridor beat'em up than an open-world game.

Hell, NFS underground 2 felt more open world than SD imo.

I've been on this forum since 1200pm today and its now 0130am. This is what happens when I have time of from stuff.

8. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    So will current Sleeping Dogs users get another HD texture pack or is this another stand alone wannabe game?

EDIT:
    Judging by those screens lighting still looks bland and dated..

9. ElFishoIII

ElFishoIII Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX770Classi/BenQ XL2720z
    Imo this is redic to consider if you already have the PC version. I'm sure there will be a ton of comparisons showing how little difference there is between the two. That being said SD is a really cool game and if you're even a little interested, I would grab it, even if it's the old version (which goes on sale CONSTANTLY).

10. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080, KD55XD800
    What a total fùckup.

11. SLI-756

SLI-756 Banned

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    there's gameplay vids on youtube, the city looks great with all the fog, and there's loads of it.
    i'm wondering it it'll be compute based as i'd prolly get it then.

12. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1080Ti AMP
    They need loads of it to cover up how awful it looks.

This is a simple fail especially for a PC release when the original PC version already had a HD Texture pack.

Just release this version on consoles with the HD texture pack from the original PC version and leave us PC gamers alone. This is one game that we do not need.

I will be surprised to see if they stop selling the original version on STEAM so they can warrant charging £45 for this "remastered version".

13. SLI-756

SLI-756 Banned

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    you can get it for £10 of steam, not bad.
    i couldn't play original cause of baked graphics and wonky cotrols so yeah, and you have no idea how it looks even if you seen youtube vids.

14. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1080Ti AMP
    No I don't know how it looks, youtube compression is a bitch I agree but honestly... why would a company release a PR video for a game and have it look that bad... I could see literally no difference between that and the original version?

If they really wanted to show the difference then release a RAW uncompressed video for download so people can see for themselves the true quality.

15. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080Ti Ga.X
    It's still bad man, I mean I got the game on release then all the DLC troughout the years, some at different steam sales. Either way, for someone like me this Definitve Edition should have been free, or at most 90% discount. 50% does not cut it, and as said before, the difference insignificant. This along with the massive Triad Wars fail is just the last nail in the coffin to the franchise.

16. antonyfrn

antonyfrn Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW ACX3.0
    Well I picked it up as I liked the original but missing half the dlc's what would have cost nearly £10 so not to bad for me in the end. I hope it has cloud saves as I kept losing my save games.

17. INSTG8R

INSTG8R Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+ Vega 64
    I plan on grabbing it at 50% off and play through it again. I only had a couple of the DLC so to get them all makes it worth another play through for me.

18. Canzah

Canzah Banned

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 780 Ti GHz
    Sad isn't it? People thought that Squeenix would save True Crime considering what a success Sleeping Dogs was, but then Triad Wars turns out to be a ****ty MMO with recycled 90% of SD assets and SD gets an unnecessary and overpriced "Full HD" version.

19. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080Ti Ga.X
    Very sad. My guess is that they never expected SD to be such a success, and after they had it, they didn't know what to do with it...

20. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD S. 5700XT Pulse
    http://steamcommunity.com/app/307690/discussions/0/619568074768857387/#c619568793821897984

Though in that thread they are discussing the game looking worse than the original and the comparison pictures show a excessive screen blur like it's some low quality AA shader (FXAA2 or what the console version of it was called, for example.) so while fixing the textures is good I don't think it'll help with overall image clarity.