Skyrim Special Edition

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by tsunami231, Aug 23, 2016.

1. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    eh does pc version get free upgrade? i have legenday dragon edition and SE, i wont buy it again less there is some enhancements done to game. i also dont want to have redo all my mods under new version again. let alone wait too SKSE dont for again.

after all this time I still have yet to finish the game more then 2 times (main story) forget the addon content. 500+ character restarts though. and too this day it still buggy as hell even with the unofficial patch. but dont tell the creator the of the unofficial patch that still is buggy he will take offense then ban you from downloading from nexus. certainly less buggy then base game though.

2. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
  3. itpro

itpro Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD Testing
    It wouldn't be wise for them to give gamers a second free upgrade. We already got a free upgrade once, early full adopters with all DLCs, etc received special edition from nowhere. If anyone expected a second gift, should really be a naïve person.

4. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    I still dont get it...are those 500 creation extras FREE? and already installed?

5. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Basically it's a Fishing mini-game + Survival Mode + community created mods added to base game in one package.... gotta hand it to Bethesda, they really did monetize Mod Makers.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2021
  6. itpro

itpro Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD Testing
    Yes, they are verified and working by themselves. So, we pay for their badge of certification, no issues or problems expected like personalized modding.

Pre-installed expect around 50 mods. This over 500 unique content does not mean these are mods. For example a mod could make 100 content modifications by itself. All in all we get full content for free, without losing achievements and without facing bugs supposedly. It's really worth it.

After launch you will be able to install more incoming certified mods without extra paycheck as you already have premium access to all content already.

7. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    OMG, Bethesda, again, trying to make people pay for mods.
    Bethesda has to be the laziest, most opportunistic company in the industry.
    One decade, of bare minimum effort, ridding on the talent and effort of modders.

Backstabak likes this.
  8. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3070 8Gb
    Yeah, well, I think I'll pass on this "upgrade".

9. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Dont forget that ms is making decisions now.

10. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    This decision feels a lot like one made entirely by Bethesda.
    It's exactly the sort of stunt Bethesda would try to pull off.
    But I will agree, that at some point, someone from MS, gave it the green light.

11. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Makes sense then, doesn't MS rerelease Age of Empires like every 2 years?

12. emperorsfist

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3070 8Gb
    No? AoE2 released on Steam in 2013, the "definitive" remaster in 2019. AoE1 never released on any digital platform, the definitive remaster released 2019 on Steam (originally it came out only on MS store in 2018, IIRC). AoE3 was on Steam since 2009, the definitive edition came 2020.

13. itpro

itpro Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD Testing
    TESV game deserves every penny. It all depends on pricing for me.

For example I deny paying 40$+ for Diablo II Resurrected. It's too much for a game I played thousands of hours already, including I and III.

If they place this 49.99 or 59.99 it's embarrassing. I won't pay more than 29.99 personally.

14. coc

coc Maha Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti
    as much as i love both games and spent thousands of hours on both series, the obvious truth here D2 Res is being released over two decades with brand new graphics and a modern touch.

TESV was already modded to death years ago with extremely well done mods, varied in quality.

so in this - those 10$ are the deal breaker ? i don't get the comparison here..

15. itpro

itpro Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD Testing
    I compared with what other developers ask for their intuitive, inventive, fresh games, because old games, are still old ideas, despite their makeup and improved presentation. We should be realists at some aspects, not idealists just because we love some things more than others.

16. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    I already paid for Skyrim 10 years ago.
    If Bethesda is going to re-release the same game, then it's already paid.
    And adding a few mods doesn't change this.

17. emperorsfist

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3070 8Gb
    What's inventive and intuitive about Skyrim today? It's a decade old game, and its genre has progressed further over the years. What was shallow about it in 2011 is still shallow in 2021 (like the combat aspect). Adding essentially paid versions of model / skin packs and player homes that add nothing to the overall experience doesn't improve it, when the lacking parts are more on the gameplay side.

18. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Oh the animations in skyrim hell elder scroll games are atrocious when they where original released and still are. I still think skyrim look amazing and the character models, but that is probable do the fact i have 4k texture going on everything base game look like ass though, well world still has base textures which I still think look nice but it is definitely dated. I not would pay again for the game if all it happen is there adding "mods" from there payed creation club mods.

IF they Enhance the graphics that is another story, but i dont think they doing that. To this day Skyrim is STILL the most played PC game I have I pushed pasted 5000+ hours mark long ago at this point we probably talking 10000+ hours and who know how many character restarts.

But seriously they need to actual get the animations for running walking jumping and attack to look good, cause i cant remeber single elders game where it didnt look shitty and tend to look shitty compared to other game animation from same year. Jump in skyrim and "float" back to ground and most other animations look like they just "made" with carry how they actual look in actual use

19. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
  20. DocStr4ngelove

DocStr4ngelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080TI Ventus3X
    Bethesda you are pathetic. Can't wait to see how many bugs come up in the next 'new' games. xD

Lost all patience years ago.