Skyrim Special Edition

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by tsunami231, Aug 23, 2016.

1. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    survival mode supposedly free for choice of system for first week as for visual i didnt see much difference between se and orignial then again i had original at higest setting and se and medium/high with godrays off. and game performance is actual worse yet look the same at those settings. honestly i really have play much of se after the first 100hours i messed with it, i want new gpu before i get in to it again, but i been putting that off too.

also still wating on SKSE 64 bit to get out alpha/beta, some the mods i use havent been updated for SE cause they use SKSE in some way. hell alot of dem mods still havent been update to se and the guy the does the english conversion for them only translated 3 things the base mod, the companions and mavari armor.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2017
  2. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Thanks for clarifying XP-200, thought the same, just wasn't sure. Not wanting to spend the money on the enhanced edition, except it's on a -80% sale or something.

3. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    Can we sue Bugthesda? I am bored with SKSE breaking with Creation Club updates. I hate pay to play games like this. They should leave it alone. Better modders and mods are free and they are jealous? Eager for more money? Is even Creation Club legal for games like Skyrim SE and Fallout4?

4. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    There is nothing illegal about Creation Club or it's implementation.

warlord likes this.

5. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    I'm afraid so. But there is a motto/slogan : "Customer is always right". I suppose large companies never gave a **** about it.

6. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Bethesda is just trying to kill modding, so the only way will be Creation Club.

They will succeed eventually.

I mean look at the Battlefield Series, modding for it got killed by EA.

7. Zenoth

Zenoth Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 12GB
    To me that doesn't make any sense.

Their Elder Scrolls games on PC have been long-term viable over the past decades because of modding. The modding community actually helps them propagate the game and its popularity for being so moddable and 'free' (on PC, and only has been the case to some extent with modding on consoles too). So them "destroying" the modding community will 1) Backfire at them harder than they could possibly conceive right now and 2) Will basically destroy the Elder Scrolls franchise along with any other future potential open world games they'll be making be it another Fallout or a new IP. Their games have been - so far - some of the best examples of what true, free and flexible PC games can be with user customization, and how much of a benefit it is for the company that their games can be of interest for the modders and the mods consumers in the long term (and by long term I mean an easy 5+ years after a game release such as is the case with Skyrim). And Skyrim alone, on PC, has been one of the most if not possibly THE most modded PC game of all time, next to the big names of modded games list in the veins of DOOM (with the WADs) and the GldSource and Source engine games and mods (Quake, Half-Life and the resulting mods from their engine; TF/C, Counter-Strike, L4D, Natural Selection and countless more).

If their true intention really IS to destroy the modding community, and our capabilities to mod as we see fit, they WILL commit financial suicide. It just makes zero sense that they'd actually want to destroy the modding community. If anything actually happens it's the Creation Club that will fail, not the other way around.

8. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Modding is what fixed the game.... for Fallout 4 as well, I can only play that game because of a mod that fixes the game.

Mods aren't going anywhere regardless of Bethesda trying to turn Modders into a form of income.

9. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Argh, wish I could get the switch version for a normal price. Sod paying £40 or whatever for a game I've played and bought before

10. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Out of Coriousity does any one know mod that will sort the stupid chests like sorting is done when it in inventory ? by that i mean alphabetically , "example" i have armors in chest that its sorting is most definitely not alphabetic, it drives me crazy when trying to find things , yet when "example" all said armor is in my inventory. there all sorted alphabetically.

11. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Necromancing this stuff

Got switch version for my birthday, it is very cool to be able to play on handheld, the battery life is terrible though as you'd think, something like 2.5 hours max brightness to being dead. Play a couple hours in bed before going to sleep with a tablet grip on a flex cable tied to my headrest.

Also, skyrim VR, anyone tried it yet? Gonna have a go this weekend

12. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    Gameumentary just released a documentary on "Skyrim Grandma":

KissSh0t likes this.
  13. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
  14. skacikpl

skacikpl Maha Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 4090
    Seems like (yet) another console oriented rehash, appears to be of exactly zero value to PC folks especially factoring in mods.

15. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    But there is a new fishing mechanic. :D

16. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Seriously no shame over at Milkesda.

17. skacikpl

skacikpl Maha Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 4090
    Pretty sure there were free community mods for that within first year of mod support.
    99% of Bethesda Creation Club mods were just market research on whatever is popular on Nexus Mods and then making their own and paid version of it. It was a loud media case couple years back with their mod plagiarism.

18. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
  19. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    So..... like...... have you ever read something that made you laugh so hard that you farted loudly.

I may or may not have done that upon reading this news.

20. itpro

itpro Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD Testing
    6th time purchase that shall be for me, what cash sorcery is this bankthesda?