Skyrim Special Edition

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by tsunami231, Aug 23, 2016.

1. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    Glass is the highest tier of light armor but for weapons ebony and daedric are above that and then there's dragonbone above even daedric (daedric armor is tougher than dragonbone by a bit though but also heavier.) as far as unique bows go I think there's only Auriels bow though there's some strong pre-enchanted varieties too once you reach the higher levels were glass, ebony and daedric start becoming a bit more common.

2. Scorch666

Scorch666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    Very interesting. So if I gave Dragonbone to a blacksmiths could he make Dragonbone stuff? To buy later on.

3. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    Not exactly, it's based on your overall level so at level I think it's 50 and above you'll start seeing dragonbone equipment sold in stores, bit random since it's generated from a list of all sorts of items and updates whenever the shop keeper restocks. (Once a week I think was the default.)

The scales and bones are used with the blacksmithing skill so you can craft your own unenchanted versions which then via other perks can be strengthened a bit above the default and enchanted via perks for enchanting if you have the requirements for that. (Knowing certain traits and what it was again plus the filled soul gem.)

4. Calmmo

Calmmo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    you level crafting, use the right perk for draognbone and you can then craft/improve parts your self

5. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Dual OC
    Daedric armor/weapons level 90 smithing needed to craft/improve.
    Dragon armor/weapons level 100.

I'm a little more interested in the sneak level this time around. Seen a player on YT taking on Kvenel the Tongue. Tough boss if your not adequately leveled. He snuck up to him and pick-pocketed the quest item rather than combat for it :D.

6. Scorch666

Scorch666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    Dang. Am only level 25. :bang:

7. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    Just got to see this mod Blowing In The Wind in action after returning to Whiterun for "In My Time Of Need".Adds to the immersion with the sound turned up.A very "cool" mod. :)

8. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 3050 Ti
    Thanks for sharing, looks cool! downloading now.

9. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Dual OC
    Game fatigue starting to creep in. First time played 5 years ago and quit at level 53 due to this. Although enjoyed it tremendously, things start to feel repetitious and tedious. Lvl 34 now and not sure I will go on past 40 this time around. The monotonous micro-managing of inventory, storing, smithing, repeatedly changing enchanted items to suit task at hand, etc, etc, takes its toll. Exploring, looting, checking 6 zillion urns, dead bodies adds up too. One big immersion breaking factor is the same few voice actors doing multiple characters, as well as out of place accents. Quaint European, Nordic voicing is fine and well suited to the game. But contemporary American accents are so out of place here, maybe fine for Fallout but not Skyrim.

Probably only thing keeping me going which I enjoy is the creativity required in employing all your skills and magical abilities to maximum effect. The games (slightly) improved graphics on a better, higher res monitor was main reason I gave it another go. Oh well, still wont prevent game fatigue, but nice while it lasted.

10. Scorch666

Scorch666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070

11. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    Couldn't have said it better myself.

One thing that I'm never getting used to is the questing system. You get a quest which sends you somewhere far away. While trekking to that point you encounter NPCs, cities, caves and stuff which give you a ton of new quest that send you to completely other places. So finally you complete one and get 5 new quests, complete one and get 5 more and so forth :(

12. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 Ti FTW
    For me it wasn't inventory management or enchantment or anything like that.

I did NONE of those things. What I got bored of was every enemy getting 1-shotted by me even at the highest difficulty setting. It's like playing with a god mode cheat enabled, which resulted in combat being bland as hell.

13. heymian

heymian Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti
    How does SSE run on high refresh rate monitors?

14. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 3050 Ti
    I'm on 60hz but having unlocked FPS causes some issues like flying objects and objects that rattle when i'm inside buildings.

15. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I just tried to running DSR x4 for 4k with SE my FPS went from 40-60 to sub 15Fps VS Original Skyrim I would have 30-45fps.

I really dont how base skyrim on Ultra and SE on Medium with Godrays off look identical graphically but have such huge performance differences DX11 should out perform better DX9.

Did they really do that bad of job on optimizing?

16. sammarbella

sammarbella Ancient Guru

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Yep, performance is not exactly "perfect".

AMD have also bad performance, in my 290X CFX the fallout 4 profile works for this game but setting VSR at 1800p all maxed gives me 35-45 fps outside.

Maybe a dynamic shadow mod like the one Fallout has could help now the gmae engine is similar in DX11.

17. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    Performance is really good for my taste...DSR x4 (3840x2160), iPresentInterval=1, RTSS locked @ 40fps.

The only major texture mods I'm using are SSE Texture Pack by Osmodius, Enhanced Vanilla Trees - Custom Lush & Large (no 4k lods) and Unbelievable Grass (hq version).

The only Reshade Preset I can use without fps dipping to 30 is "Sweet Skyrim".
    ENB Standalone Presets are a bit more forgiving but unnecessary because....

...after adding "fGlobalBloomThresholdBoost=-0.2000" Under Display Section in Skyrim.ini, blacks are much darker and overall, that ugly washed out look is gone, deep parts of water are black now like the ENB/Reshade screenshots and Dungeons, Caves and Night time are darker too.

DOF tweaked in Skyrim.ini for the "DOFdistantfarblur" I have set to 1.0000 and in game slider at max.Weather mods contribute to the strength of this, e.g., Vivid Weathers with it's own Bloom setting at 3 or 4 can get too blurry.

I'm trying Surreal Lighting with True Storms atm, same DOF tweak, it only blurs when I stand still and looks cleaner.The trigger seems longer, which for me is better for gameplay.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2016
  18. Rafnagud

Rafnagud Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080 Ti
  19. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
  20. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    For those with performance issues or no time to do it themselves like moi. :D

I think I downloaded the 3rd link when i installed the game, it was available on Bethesda.net through the game menu but not anymore it seems.I'm gonna try the one in the first link as it's file size is a lot bigger than the other two.

Optimized Textures:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspec...imspecialedition/ajax/modfiles/?id=1121&pUp=1

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspec...n/ajax/moddescription/?id=1258&preview=&pUp=1

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspec...n/ajax/moddescription/?id=3858&preview=&pUp=1